Not another streetfighter thread...with pics!

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh one more thing. How do you like those mirrors? The one I ordered comes in tomorrow. I can't wait to get it on and try it out. The bar end mirrors I have suck balls.

I like the way they look a lot, the vibration is about the same as the stock mirrors. I had a set of cheap cheap round barends that had the most awesome functionality: perfect field of view and zero (and I mean zero) vibration, but I just hated the way they looked, oh well can't have it all without shelling out the bucks. I think these were $30 a pair on ebay.

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice:thumbup: Sad to hear its going. A way I rationalize it to myself is that the bike payments cost less than gas for the car would if I drove it instead. If I had that bike I would paint those washers on the speedo mount black as well.

Thank you! I thought about painting them black, and I may still do it. I just kinda liked the contrast a little better... sort of like how all the bolts on the engine are silver.

bertmoog

Yes, I am.
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful bike. Could you elaborate on the process you used in making the "fork clamp" section of the headlight bracket?

Thank you!
Sure, actually I cheated and used a bracket that I bought online. The problem was that the extender part of the assembly was way too short and the forks weren't wide enough for the headlight either. Therefore, I had to fashion the extenders to be longer and shaped differently. Here's a link to eBay for the exact ones that I bought. You can't use the rubber spacer since these are for 41mm so I went to Lowe's plumbing section where they had the rubber hose clamp coupler sleeve thingies and cut it to fit. Hope that helps.

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
Lovely work, man.

If I didn't already have Betty, I'd seriously be inquiring about yours. :thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that is one of the best streetfighters i have ever seen.

right up there with wavex's killer black devil. that thing still holds the top spot in my opinion......but this one is RIGHT up there with it.

great work man.

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the way they look a lot, the vibration is about the same as the stock mirrors. I had a set of cheap cheap round barends that had the most awesome functionality: perfect field of view and zero (and I mean zero) vibration, but I just hated the way they looked, oh well can't have it all without shelling out the bucks. I think these were $30 a pair on ebay.

I got mine on today. My vision is WAY better now compared to those bicycle ones I had on there before. I had to do some modifications to get it to work. Since I'm using Vortex clip-ons with the diameter of the inter tubing being 15mm, I had to grind down the nut and the rubber spacer/bushing.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Don't sell the bike,with a talent like yours,you could start up a sideline making one off bike parts.

Quality work fella :thumbup: