Noooooooo!!!!

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I was walking down the street to get a sandwich at lunch and I noticed two people riding and one had their foot on the peg of the other. As it turned out it was someone on a scooter pushing MY bike!

They had obviously broken the steering lock but couldn't get it running due to the alarm and immobilizer.

Anyway, I gave chase for a while but they were too fast.

I found out from the police that they had been sniffing around a new BMW S1000RR in another bike bay but got spooked by some mechanics in an auto repair shop so found mine instead.

I have to be philosophical about it I guess - at least I get to get another bike now.

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow! Makes me re-consider rarely using my disc lock. I have a Scorpio but those thieves still could've gotten my bike, too (albeit with alarm whooping). Or, a LoJack would've come in handy with this one, huh? Where are the Bobbies when you need them?

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Wow! Makes me re-consider rarely using my disc lock. I have a Scorpio but those thieves still could've gotten my bike, too (albeit with alarm whooping). Or, a LoJack would've come in handy with this one, huh? Where are the Bobbies when you need them?
Yeah a disc lock would have helped in this situation for sure. :(

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear man...but, as you said, at least you get a new bike now.

So whats on the docket; another FZ6?? FZ8?? Do tell Do tell!

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to read this, must really suck to see the a$$holes take it. Someday karma will get them if the law doesn't. So.... FZ1?

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel for you, I would hate to have to watch that happen. I have a disc lock for my bike but I have rarely used it... I might want to think about doing it more often.

GL with your new bike.

blitzcraig

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i used to fret like no ones business about someone snagging my bike in my apartment complex. after a couple of years i'm calmer about it. i figure, you know what, if someone wants it THAT bad to so blatantly steal it, cut through the locks, etc., they can have it. insurance writes me a check, i go get a new bike. i pay them hundreds of dollars a year for something, right? but if i catch the bastards they are meeting the business end of my baseball bat.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That blows! Sorry for your loss, but have fun shopping for a new one!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Speechless.

More amazing that you saw it happening before your very eyes.

Even more amazing that this didn't happen in the USA.

You should post one of your most recent pic of your bike in the UK secton of this forum, and if you belong to other local forums you may belong to.

Just maybe someone will come across your bike, after all it's not that common of a bike.