Nolan Pinlock removal help

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a N101 and the pinlock is held in on both sides by a plastic pin. The pin is made out of 2 pieces, which are inserted on opposite sides of the visor & pinlock, the pin for one side is hollow, and for the other side is a plastic solid pin. To insert you just push the 2 pieces from opposite sides, through the pinlock holes in both the pinlock visor and the main visor, with the solid pin aligned up with the hollow pin on the opposite side.

To remove this is a little bit more difficult (as the 2 parts of the pins are quite firmly attatched to each other), so for the first time removal I would definately advise removing the complete visor all together, to give you more room to work with.

I generally hold the back end of the pin with pointed nosed pliers, and put a strong thin screw driver under the lip on the front of the visor and gently pry it off, working on both sides. Be careful as if you loose grip or move the screw driver too quickly you can scratch the visor :eek:

I have now become better at removing the pinlock without having to remove the visor, after a bit of practice :thumbup:

My pinlock could be different to yours as my helmet is now a few years old, so take care whilst doing it.

If someone else has a modern Nolan helmet and can either verify or simplify my long winded explaination please do so :eek:

If you still have problems Pascal you can always PM me (in Dutch or English) :thumbup: