Nolan N103 Helmet Review

bossdoc83

Loud pipes save lives!
Reaction score
Visit site
That is almost the same helmet I have right now. I would recommend getting a non-flip version unless you like wind noise. When I first got mine it was quiet because it was new but wasn't long before it got loud.You don't realize how loud it gets after a while because you get used to it. I get so much noise, mainly around the ear's where the mechanism is, that if I go on long trips, I get headaches from all the noise. Also, it wasn't long before the mechanical guts started falling apart for the flip-up.

Bottom line-- I would have figured for the $300 that I spent on it that it would be a quality lasting helmet..... but it wasn't.:( Anyone else that has a modular feel the same?

My next helmet for sure will be a regular full-face, not a modular. Don't know about this new helmet but this my review! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hjc actually makes a nice modular helmet

HJC make nice helmets full stop! But do have a little bit of a reputation for being noisy (neck sock helps deuce helmet noise appreciably without, having to resort to earplugs, and you still get to hear your bike), mine is! And it's a top of the line AC-12 Carbon.

S.D.Willie

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
HJC makes very nice helmets and affordable too! With that being said until they make a smoked internal visor or the option to replace them i wont buy one. The main thing i want is to not have to wear sunglasses and the IS max and IS 16 all come with a very very light tinted internal visor. I tried my friends and while the helmet was comfy the sun blinded me with that internal visor down which to me is pointless. Maybe i have sensitive eyes. Scoff at the N103 but the helmet is very comfortable albeit heavy and has a nicer darker internal visor as well as the blue tooth option. Oh, and i realize this thread is old i just wanted to chime in. I returned an agv miglia for the nolan. I also wear ear plugs while riding so the noise isnt something im that worried about.