No start - suggestions

erickz

Reaction score
Visit site
PO must've let it sit for years, never seen gas go that bad. Thanks for the suggestion on the pressure regulator - it was awful. Cleaning it now but think we've ordered one via Amazon, hopefully the correct one. Happy to report the apple cider vinegar really works! Took two weeks but it is clean.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
What exactly did you buy? What all is being replaced? You can't buy a PR anywhere.

And that is the love of methonal fuel always absorbing moisture. Again, MAF cleaner is your friend. Mass Air Flow sensor cleaner...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
PO must've let it sit for years, never seen gas go that bad.

Yep, I've never seen plastic so varnished up.....

Nice to know the apple cider vinegar worked for you.

* I've read using a battery charger, electrolysis with a donation "bolt/anode" works extremely well too.
(Not sure of the exact procedure as I never did it).

Getting closer!!!! ;)

erickz

Reaction score
Visit site
Had to back track thru the Denso catalog - look at Amazon 23280-22010 for $15.57. Please note: I do not have in hand, it may not fit but dimensions indicate that it is darn close and at 36 psi.
But, I have not tossed the one I pulled out. Hope for joy this weekend.
Finally dumped the vinegar from the tank - need to be ready for the flash rust though, it is almost immediate. Amazing how clean the the tank is.

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
You are correct. This is a problem. I am very aware of it, and ALWAYS start in neutral. No exceptions and no "senior" moments allowed. Blah

I will threaten to take the bike to the Triumph dealer to get it fixed and then my hubby will put a new switch on it.(works for everthing - handyman for house issues, Volvo dealer for car issues - etc.) As it is parked :spank: for the winter, I won't worry about it until Spring - if it ever comes. We got another 2 inches of snow overnight at our house. The never ending winter....We have about 10 inches of percipitation at our house since January 1. We usually get 7.5 inches of precipitation in a calendar year. Mounatins around us have had over 500 inches of snow this winter. Not looking good for riding this spring [MENTION=83]VEGASRIDER[/MENTION] is stilling riding though.Crazy dude.

erickz

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks to all for the help.
Reassembled everything, finally got a new fuel pump gasket (a new one is a definitely needed), the pressure regulator fit as well. Put it all back together, hit the "go" button and it runs! Problem is that is all it does - dies at the slightest touch of throttle. I am going to pull the tank off and open the air box and make sure I didn't leave a rag in the air box.
Short of that - anything else I should check??

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Check the running fuel pressure... See what ya got..

Whats it idling at cold and then hot?

There is a vent and overflow hose on each side of the fuel tank. Make sure their not kinked.

erickz

Reaction score
Visit site
Townsend - will check vent lines upon reassembly. Currently cannot get it to do more than idle.
Ran out of gas myself so this will be checked next time I'm in the shop.
Thanks

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Check the running fuel pressure... See what ya got..

Whats it idling at cold and then hot?

There is a vent and overflow hose on each side of the fuel tank. Make sure their not kinked.

A lack of fuel pressure would cause this. Completely agree - jump to fuel pressure test.

A volume issue shows up later, a pressure issue shows up as no acceleration.

JM2C but you need to displace a lot of volume to stall the pump. I don't see a vent block as an issue until you buzz down the freeway at 3/4 throttle for 15min...