no screen or cut?

mib7289

Reaction score
Visit site
I want to make my bike naked but $ is tight and time is tighter as i will hopefully leave to a new school soon. I got thinking about it and i took my screen off and kinda liked the look. I also am thinking of cutting it shorter and painting it. Im not really worried about wind b/c I'm 6'6" and i get wind anyway. Anybody who has done one of these option i would appreciate input.

p.s. i searched the forum and all i found were other riders worrying about how to change wind patterns on the bike i am solely concerned about looks though.

Last edited:

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
I did the "steveindenmark windscreen mod" I love the effect, it seems quieter, and much less buffeting, but I prefer the looks of the Puig racing screen. I was thinking of putting the puig back on.

gearheadstu

Reaction score
Visit site
I've been running in no-screen mode for 6 months, and I doubt I'll ever go back to screened. Not even with a cut screen.

I did it for similar reasons; I want a naked bike, but I just can't get past the perverse equation of adding money to subtract parts. Anyhow, I was never really a fan of the fairing and actually think I prefer the no-screen look.

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
IMG_54772.jpg

Cut and painted and love it. Much less buffeting, though a bit more wind noise. When I stand up taller, even less noise. I think you would love it cut and painted.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been running in no-screen mode for 6 months, and I doubt I'll ever go back to screened. Not even with a cut screen.

I did it for similar reasons; I want a naked bike, but I just can't get past the perverse equation of adding money to subtract parts. Anyhow, I was never really a fan of the fairing and actually think I prefer the no-screen look.

No screen but still fairing? I had my screen off the other day to clean behind it and I remember thinking how weird it looked with no screen on. If you like it thats what matters, it just reminded me of the wrecked GSXR I see riding around.