Nice ride if your looking for a new one! Pics part 1

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
Went on a great ride today and took some pics enjoy, started in Palmdale went through Leona Valley, Lake Hughes, Castaic Lake, Valencia, Santa Clarita, Bouquet Reservoir, Green Valley, back trough Leona Valley, and finally back up to Plamdale.
Some things to know about the ride, road conditions on the first 5 miles give or take on Lake Hughes are pretty bad a lot of bumps in the road so go easy until you get to the newer part of the road and then it great except for the rock or two you come across, just like any other forest rd, Spunky Canyon rd is a blast and very challenging but a lot of sand and rocks and a few turns that can surprise you, go through it slow one time so you know what to expect, have fun!!

Directions to Bolz Ranch Rd/Tennis Club Dr - Google Maps

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice ride if your looking for a new one! Pics part 2of3

Went on a great ride today and took some pics enjoy, started in Palmdale went through Leona Valley, Lake Hughes, Castaic Lake, Valencia, Santa Clarita, Bouquet Reservoir, Green Valley, back trough Leona Valley, and finally back up to Plamdale.
Some things to know about the ride, road conditions on the first 5 miles give or take on Lake Hughes are pretty bad a lot of bumps in the road so go easy until you get to the newer part of the road and then it great except for the rock or two you come across, just like any other forest rd, Spunky Canyon rd is a blast and very challenging but a lot of sand and rocks and a few turns that can surprise you, go through it slow one time so you know what to expect, have fun!!

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice ride if your lokking for a new one1 Pics part 3of3

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
Went on a ride Monday 4/26/10 Hwy 2 Pics 1of2

Started in Palmdale got on the 14 Fwy to Angeles Forest Hwy to Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Rd to Hwy 2, turned right, road was open for a few miles, just behind the gate there was a boulder about the size of a large office desk in the middle of the road!! Turned around went past upper Big Tujunga Canyon Rd and past Newcomb Ranch which is still there and fine no damage (I recall someone asking about that in a past post) and continued until about 16 miles east of Big Pines just past the two tunnels where the road closes again. Road conditions sucked!! big time once you got up to the 6000ft level around Snow Crest, golf ball to basketball size rocks all over the road and a lot of snow on the sides of the road so there was a lot of runoff going across the road, and some ice on the road too!! Good road up to Snow Crest though! The fire area is devastated, looks nothing like it did which sucks because it as a nice change from the desert, couldn't get over how wrecked it is!!! Enjoy the pics! If your wanting to visit Newcomb Ranch I would call ahead or go to the website both in the pics below to check on hrs as you can see the normal hrs are covered up and it was closed when I stopped by on Monday around 5pm.

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
Went for a ride 4/26/10 Hwy 2 Pics 2of2

Started in Palmdale got on the 14 Fwy to Angeles Forest Hwy to Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Rd to Hwy 2, turned right, road was open for a few miles, just behind the gate there was a boulder about the size of a large office desk in the middle of the road!! Turned around went past upper Big Tujunga Canyon Rd and past Newcomb Ranch which is still there and fine no damage (I recall someone asking about that in a past post) and continued until about 16 miles east of Big Pines just past the two tunnels where the road closes again. Road conditions sucked!! big time once you got up to the 6000ft level around Snow Crest, golf ball to basketball size rocks all over the road and a lot of snow on the sides of the road so there was a lot of runoff going across the road, and some ice on the road too!! Good road up to Snow Crest though! The fire area is devastated, looks nothing like it did which sucks because it as a nice change from the desert, couldn't get over how wrecked it is!!! Enjoy the pics! If your wanting to visit Newcomb Ranch I would call ahead or go to the website both in the pics below to check on hrs as you can see the normal hrs are covered up and it was closed when I stopped by on Monday around 5pm.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Nice ride if your lokking for a new one1 Pics part 3of3

Did you just create 5 different threads to post 5 sets of pictures of the same ride? You know you could have just added posts in your first thread right?

Thanks for sharing, but please try to keep posts related to a single topic in the same thread from now on :thumbup:

Last edited:

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site

Do you just post a reply to the thread and do you add pics the same way as a new thread?

ELIZABETH

Goofball Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Visit site

Beautiful pics, cleared to land!! :thumbup: :D

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Did you just create 5 different threads to post 5 sets of pictures of the same ride? You know you could have just added posts in your first thread right?

Thanks for sharing, but please try to keep posts related to a single topic in the same thread from now on :thumbup:

Merged :thumbup:

Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
One of my favorite places to ride:thumbup: Next time your out that way take Pine Canyon out of 3 points and go to the end and turn left, you'll be on the Old Ridge Route and there are some historical markers along the way. If your brave enough you can go down the Ridge Rt, the road gets a little rough the further you go but not to bad. Lots of good views of the valley below and the 5 frwy.

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
One of my favorite places to ride:thumbup: Next time your out that way take Pine Canyon out of 3 points and go to the end and turn left, you'll be on the Old Ridge Route and there are some historical markers along the way. If your brave enough you can go down the Ridge Rt, the road gets a little rough the further you go but not to bad. Lots of good views of the valley below and the 5 frwy.

is that open, I was told that it was closed, if not let me know I've wanted to go that way for a while now, I've heard that is a cool ride, heard that some of it is a dirt road?How is that if that is the case?

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
is that open, I was told that it was closed, if not let me know I've wanted to go that way for a while now, I've heard that is a cool ride, heard that some of it is a dirt road?How is that if that is the case?

Last time I was up that way part of the road was dirt but hard pack so you can ride over it, I did hear that the gate was closed at the bottom but never went that far to find out. Hope you don't mind a couple of photo's in your post:D

OldRidgeRt.jpg

OldRidgeRt2.jpg

If the weather is nice this Sat I may ride up that way, haven't taken the FZ on those roads yet:(

Jerry

clrd_2_lnd

Reaction score
Visit site
well I work on sat from 6am-4pm so 4:30pm is the earliest I could meet up if that works let me know I'll have to check with the wife.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last time I was up that way part of the road was dirt but hard pack so you can ride over it, I did hear that the gate was closed at the bottom but never went that far to find out. Hope you don't mind a couple of photo's in your post:D

OldRidgeRt.jpg

OldRidgeRt2.jpg

If the weather is nice this Sat I may ride up that way, haven't taken the FZ on those roads yet:(

Jerry

That's a road in the last photo??? Looks more like a Gaot track from here! :eek:

Thanks for sharing, the photo's are great, and the scenery, just beautiful.

:thumbup: