nice 2nd 3rd gear FZ6 wheelies

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
i found this on youtube but there was another link for a better quality video,so im posting that link,,,seriously the video quality is great for an online video....
i like the wheelies close to the end,,,,just wanted to share :thumbup:

yamaha fazer fz6 wheelie on Vimeo

Thanks... he makes em look easy.

How about the sound, are those scorps? doesn't sound like mine when it's getting hamered on.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks... he makes em look easy.

How about the sound, are those scorps? doesn't sound like mine when it's getting hamered on.

it has the original exhausts on,,maybe he drilled couple of holes on it,,or maybe original one sounds like this from outside :D

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
he makes it look effortless

I would like to just lift it a tiny bit .... but have not

suggestions????

roll on about 15mph... pull clutch rev to 10k... drop clutch... and hang the heck on (please cover the rear break)

you may want to try searching here and google for wheelie how tos. there are a lot of good how to vids and write ups everywhere.

be safe... wheelies are scary on public roads

sjk625

Reaction score
Visit site
For someone so good at wheelies, I found it funny that he needed to put his foot down for completing u-turns lol.

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
For someone so good at wheelies, I found it funny that he needed to put his foot down for completing u-turns lol.

lol good point... is he a fast in the straight slow in the curves but can do wheelies kinda guy?

I think low speed circles, u turns and figure 8s are an awsome display of skill

Unfortunately a lot of riders think they have skill if they can go fast, but I guess a wheelie can show that you have a certian level of clutch/throttle control as well.

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow that is great video quality. Anyone here doing 3rd gear wheelies? He must have done the sproket conversion because I can't even get 2nd gear to lift. But then again I'm not very good at it anyway :rolleyes:

vokal389

Reaction score
Visit site
So effortless, I have the 520 Conversion on my FZ and I can pop wheelies in 1st and clutch in 2nd:but THIRD!!!! wow. :jawdrop::rockon:

sideslider

Reaction score
Visit site
So effortless, I have the 520 Conversion on my FZ and I can pop wheelies in 1st and clutch in 2nd:but THIRD!!!! wow. :jawdrop::rockon:

I don't think he wheelies in 3rd... I believe that he wheelies in 2nd and then shifts while on a wheelie,,

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hey that was pretty cool. I suck at wheelies.

I liked the one where he beeped the horn as he went by, too funny!

Thanks for posting this. :thumbup:

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome video...I too like when he beeps :thumbup:

he makes it look effortless

I would like to just lift it a tiny bit .... but have not

suggestions????

If you just want a 6" to 18" power wheelie for a second or 3, wind it up to about 11K, put your butt back in the seat, cover the rear brake, roll off to about 1/4 (smooth but quick), then snap it back to WOT (smooth but quick).

Little by little...this can be done easily without scaring yourself TOO much :D Just be sure to keep those bars straight...dont' death grip them.

boo68

I'm a girl dammit!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cool video, and it is good to see someone doing wheelies online with gear on.

Thank you for sharing!

Yes that wwas a nice video.. there was also a vid with a 636 trying to wheelie not quice as effortless with the heavier bike. And he wasn't even wearing gloves :eek: