Newby from Essex

DarrenFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I'm Darren, and next weekend I'm going to be collecting a nice 2009 black FZ6N (hope the weather is good) so I thought it wise to join this forum.

Been riding a CBR125 for over a year and finally got around to getting my full license at the end of last year.

Had a test ride on a FZ6N and loved it, so decided last week to put a deposit down on one :cheer:

Once Ive got her home Ill get some pics up.

Darren

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to Our Big Fat FZ6 Family! :tard:

We have a lot of fun here and there are so many great members!

Congrats on your new steed!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and Congrats on your new purchase! Another forum member is selling a CBR125, looks like a cool bike!

DarrenFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Finally collected my FZ6N yesterday :thumbup:

Had a 175 mile ride home on her, was quite glad to get off by the end, but I loved every second of it.

And here are the pics:

dscf1720n.jpg

dscf1725nv.jpg

dscf1723f.jpg

dscf1724tq.jpg

DarrenFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Spine, its still not sunk it that its mine yet really :D

Yes they are smoked indicators, I assume they were an option from the factory?

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
Did you buy it new or used?
I don't think Yamaha would fit smoked indicators as standard, but they look nice enough. Just switch them on and stand in front of them to see if they are visable enough though. Gotta be vigilant when on the road, too many crazy cagers about!
You picked the best colour btw! *biased* :BLAA:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice ride !!!!!!

:welcome: to the family mate & we really are like family :thumbup:......... Cliff (motogiro) up there ^^^ , he is like that crazy Uncle nobody wants to invite :BLAA: :rof:

DarrenFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the welcomes.

I'm the second owner of the bike (09 reg), but its only just reached 3,000 miles and its in mint condition without a mark on it.

Another feature I like is there are some small plates of carbon fibre on the riders foot rests that make them look nice.

Thanks for the advise about the indicators, I had not really thought about that until now, and I will check it out for sure.

Not got any plans for modifications yet, being my first bike over 125cc I need to get used to how it rides and handles before I start pumping more power out of it.

Plus I also have a sports car that is a drain on my money, but I might be selling this next year and just having the bike.

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
It really is a clean bike isn't it?! Very good buy there. I noticed the carbon rear set plates. Very nice indeed.
The FZ6 is a superb jump from a 125cc. I did the same a few years ago now, and you'll learn to ride it pretty quickly. It's an absolute dream of a bike and accelerates like a demon! :)

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the advise about the indicators, I had not really thought about that until now, and I will check it out for sure.

I have the same smoked indicators (and LED rear too) and you'll be suprised at how bright they are, the orange through black is very striking!

DarrenFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
One of the main reasons I went for this one is becasue I honestly could not see anything wrong with it, it really is like a new bike.

Thanks for the link to the crash bungs, as much as I hope I never drop this bike its always better to be safe than sorry, and for the sake of £30 it could save a lot of damage.

Wont have a chance to get out on her this weekend, but I cannot wait for the weekend after :D