New to yamaha fz6 s2

mikey782

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys I have just bought a yamaha fz6s2 for my first big bike.
I'm jumping on it straight from a yzfr 125, I have not used it as of yet because of where I live I'm required to wait 12 months after passing my 125 licence,I have two weeks to wait,I'm just looking for any advice or tips for my first ride out on her!!
Many thanks in advance

lawlberg

Booth Babe
Reaction score
Visit site
You've been riding a decent amount of time it seems - the main thing to remember is how heavy FZ is - if she starts going she might take you with her, so sloppy riding you could get away with on the 125 will get you on the FZ - (too much front brake in the parking lot, careless low speed maneuvering/pushing it around the driveway, coming to a stop too abruptly or things of that nature)

I'm sure you'll be looking for the other obvious differences, like power, so those won't sneak up on you.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Nice bike. Be sure to pick up a service manual from: Boneman's FZ6 Site - Mods

ibs9Mx87H6hRBr.jpg

mikey782

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the service link darius will check it out:thumbup:
Also thanks for fixing my pic lol
Hey Helvete thanks will try to enjoy it but just so you know I'm not French I'm English :thumbup:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::welcome::welcome:

another naked....cool
keep your wits about you and gear up....ATGATT

remember that if you crank the gas you'll be sitting with straight arms as quick as, or up on the back wheel...... these bikes respond real fast and you need to hang on coming from a smaller bike. I still do it from time to time and surprise myself/ scare myself if its the nose coming up!

wet greasy roads you'll spin the rear wheel in 1st and into 2nd if you take off hard, and as lawlberg said ^^^^ watch the weight, my drops have been in the back yard with too much front brake with wheel turned and a hard take off on an icy road, while pulling out of my driveway. Its not hard to do.

Take your time, you are not in a hurry to get to know this bike(its no race), but you do need to get to know it- and then you'll really enjoy it!

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:From Michigan! I started out on a YZ125 and then after quite a few years bought a FZ6 for my first street bike. I couldn't be happier. Took a long time to get used to the clutch and shift without lurching. I don't think it's too much bike if you just take it easy for awhile and then once your comfortable with her push it a little bit more each time out but never past your comfort zone. You'll look like a seasoned pro in no time. At least that's what worked for me.

P.S. Beautiful Bike! The black goes so well with the streetfighter look. You guys in England are so lucky to be able to buy that as an option. Wish they would have brought the FZ6N to the U.S.

mikey782

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys a lot of help full advice for me to take on board.still have a couple of weeks before I can take her out looking forward to it,but apprehensive as well but with all this advice I'm sure will be happy days!!
Thanks guys:thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big :welcome: to the forum Mickey :thumbup:

Nice bike. just wondering can't you even ride on it restricted?

Anyway have fun and take it easy (well to begin with anyway). :rockon:

mikey782

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome cloggy:thumbup:
As of where I live in jersey it's an island a part of the uk but it has its own laws and different method to obtain your bike licence,and because of that I'm still not able to ride her even restricted :(

Last edited: