New (to me) '04 fz6

KenpoTex

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked her up a couple of weeks ago but procrastinated when it came to taking any pictures :D.

'04 model with 7600 miles. Haven't done much to it other than cleaning/lubing the chain and installing some Motovation frame-sliders but here she is:
011.jpg

004-1.jpg

017.jpg

008.jpg

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice! I myself just picked up a new to me 2004 as well. More miles and silver and black. Yours looks very clean and fast.

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice looking bike. Too bad about the blue... :D

I'm not absolutely certain if it applies to an '04, but did you ask the previous owner if the throttle position sensor service/repair was done? You can search the site for info about it. It's something that a dealership should take care of for you.

KenpoTex

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought blue ones were faster? :rockon:

Guess I'll have to search for some info regarding the TPS...I didn't know there was an issue to ask about. Thanks for the heads-up.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Kenpo, the TPS recall affected '04 and '05 models and was a Yamaha factory recall. All you should need to do is call either Yamaha USA or your local dealer and give them your VIN and they should be able to tell you if the recall has been done on your bike. If it hasn't, it's a factory recall, thus free to you.

If you do a search on here for "TPS" or "TPS recall" you'll find literally tons of thread about this from a few years ago. It'll give you a better idea of what it's all about.

*edit* Oh, and you're right...blue IS fastest!

KenpoTex

Reaction score
Visit site
Kenpo, the TPS recall affected '04 and '05 models and was a Yamaha factory recall. All you should need to do is call either Yamaha USA or your local dealer and give them your VIN and they should be able to tell you if the recall has been done on your bike. If it hasn't, it's a factory recall, thus free to you.

If you do a search on here for "TPS" or "TPS recall" you'll find literally tons of thread about this from a few years ago. It'll give you a better idea of what it's all about.

*edit* Oh, and you're right...blue IS fastest!

Already searched and found the relevant threads...thanks! I'll be checking into it.

(glad to know I was correct about the blue ones :D)

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
I thought blue ones were faster? :rockon:

Guess I'll have to search for some info regarding the TPS...I didn't know there was an issue to ask about. Thanks for the heads-up.

As an owner of a blue one yes they go faster :thumbup: btw very clean nice looking bike, congrats on the purchase.

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Already searched and found the relevant threads...thanks! I'll be checking into it.

(glad to know I was correct about the blue ones :D)

When you're talking to them also ask about a front sprocket nut recall - my 2004 had that one along with the TPS. Any decent dealer should tell you about both without being asked but better safe than sorry. The TPS takes a few hours but the sprocket nut is quick - in any case it easier to get them both taken care at the same time if you need to.

Last edited:

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice. I picked up an 04 in Feb. with 2,800 miles. Now over 5K. Mine had the TPS done but the nut had not been so had that taken care of. Tires were OK but I didn't trust them. A nail in the rear plus small cracking in the front lead to Michelin Pilot Road 2CT's. Have about 1,400 on the rear and 1,000 on the front and they are MUCH better.

Blue is fastest - spent last weekend watching Josh and Ben at Barber's. Now that's fast. Best save I've ever seen goes to Jamie Hacking on the Kawasaki in the Saturday Daytona SportBike race.