New to Forum and New to me FZ6

zjsmith84

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow. All I can say how good it feels to have a bike again. Went 9 years without a bike. The wife and I were having a casual drive this last Saturday and we were getting the itch seeing all the bikes on the road. She turns to me and said, "We should get another motorcycle." I took full advantage of the situation. HAHA. We went to a local motorcycle shop and it was like a dream come true. 2006 FZ6, used, about 6200 miles, and priced to move. I jumped all over it. I had been eyeballing the FZ6 on and off for several years and it was perfect. Took the first ride Sunday and then another this evening. We are really enjoying the bike thus far. I have already noticed that 2-up on the bike isn't as comfortable as I would like it to be. No biggie. No long trips scheduled yet, but we are already shopping for accessories. So the first big question is aftermarket seats. I have seen Comfort Gel, Corbin and TS seats. We are looking to go on some several hourtrips. Any suggestions to get us going in the right direction would be great. Thanks Again

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and congrates on the new bike!!:welcome:

"Spencers", located on the east coast of Florida does some amazing work on the stock seat. Great craftsmanship and super fast turnaround. http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php

If your going to be doing long trips, an after market, wider seat may be the way to go...

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:from San Diego! :BLAA:

Enjoy your new ride and get good protective gear for you and your passenger first! :)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
And from Oregon too (the other side), welcome to the forum!!! :thumbup::thumbup:
As Scott said, Spencer's is one option, I've heard nothing but good about them and will be sending a pan their way soon.

If I were to ride two up I'd highly recommend upgrading the front forks. You will feel sooooo much better! Just a thought - one step at a time!

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome.

nice ride. exactly like mine was when i bought it ...bone stock just blue not red.

enjoy the bike and the modding bug!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome from waaaay down south:aus::aus::aus:eek:i oi oi

nice looking bike.

I had a seat mod done by a local upholsterer in Melbourne after buying a spare seat off a local member

ended up taking the flatness out of the riders seat area and made a little more curved under the thighs and raised the rear pillion part of the seat for more padding and a little height.
My son came for a short run with me for the first time since doing the seat mod and he picked it straight off.
The other thing I did was put on some rear peg extenders dropping them by 2 inches, great for my wifes knees

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum and congrates on the new bike!!:welcome:

"Spencers", located on the east coast of Florida does some amazing work on the stock seat. Great craftsmanship and super fast turnaround. Page 1

If your going to be doing long trips, an after market, wider seat may be the way to go...

+1 for Spencer. most dont like the "comfort seat" and the Corbin and TS are a lot of $$$. personally i feel that the TS is too soft, which is not good for longer rides. i havent ridden the Corbin, so no advice on that'n.

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

I've done a bit of 2-up on my '05. The Spencer seat mod is a must.
Another addition that's really helped us out is a top box with passenger back rest. (Plus you get the added benefit of actually putting gear in the top box, which undoubtedly you will need to bring on longer trips.)

I bought the Yamaha endorsed Shad top rack mount, Part #ABA-0SS56-22-16 from Partzilla:
ABA-0SS56-22-16 TOP CASE MOUNT KIT - $119.88

And then added an inexpensive top box with backrest from Amazon:
Amazon.com: Bestem T-Box TBOX-929-BLK Black 12" X 22" X 16" Motorcycle/Scooter Flat Top Box: Automotive

Had to drill a couple holes in the top mount to properly mount the base plate for the T-Box. Other than that it's a simple install. Best addition I've made!

Good luck, and let the modding begin!