New Stuff on it's way - Part 3!!!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently, according to the bike shop, Ozzieboy's & my Fork & Axle sliders are "on their way".......Hmmmm, it has been nearly 5 months now, since i placed the first order! Hope they are not teasing us....And i think they may have made a boo boo...when i rang today, the accesories guy said "The 06 Swingarm is the same as the 07-08 swingarm, isnt it/", and i am like "Nooooooo"! next response......"I will make a phone call and get back to you"

Me thinks the wait is not over!

:spank:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Swingarm is different but how are the salient dimensions?

I'm thinking that the R6 ones would fit and save a lot of aging before we get them.

It's getting to the stage where I am going to get some turned up out of Ally.

I'll of course give the manufacturer a dingle before I do this....just so they know I'm a shattered shell of a man...lol.

I don't get it. The lump of den...dern.....carp on the end...lol...ought to be so close to identical to an R6 that I would use them and the axle with the forks would also be the same width?

Maybe I'm misleading myself....going on a mish now.:thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The Swingarm is different but how are the salient dimensions?

I'm thinking that the R6 ones would fit and save a lot of aging before we get them.

It's getting to the stage where I am going to get some turned up out of Ally.

I'll of course give the manufacturer a dingle before I do this....just so they know I'm a shattered shell of a man...lol.

I don't get it. The lump of den...dern.....carp on the end...lol...ought to be so close to identical to an R6 that I would use them and the axle with the forks would also be the same width?

Maybe I'm misleading myself....going on a mish now.:thumbup:

Ya see what happens when you start doing stuff to your bike....you go nuts, waiting, stuff not arriving, stuff arriving before you want, way after you need it, it all get's very stressful....welcome to the world of modding mike!

:eek:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ya see what happens when you start doing stuff to your bike....you go nuts, waiting, stuff not arriving, stuff arriving before you want, way after you need it, it all get's very stressful....welcome to the world of modding mike!

LOL...I was in the world of modding months ago...lol...they just haven't arrived yet...lol.:rof::rof:

I still haven't checked out the dimensions on the R6 yet, but i will get there. If they're the same i'll have to find out what's holding them up:spank:.:D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL...I was in the world of modding months ago...lol...they just haven't arrived yet...lol.:rof::rof:

I still haven't checked out the dimensions on the R6 yet, but i will get there. If they're the same i'll have to find out what's holding them up:spank:.:D

I never did get that call back from the bike shop....still dont know what is going on....it's like an episode of neighbours, just goes round in round in circles, and no-one has a clue what's going on! and it drags on forever!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, latest on the fork & axle sliders.....shop rang me today to say that they are finaly in the shop! So, with much trepidation, i rode down to the shop to see what was going on.....get there, sure enough they are in, but as i am very suspicious that they had got it wrong...as they were trying to tell Yamaha that the 06 swingarm was the same as an 07-08 swingarm...which WE all know is WRONG!

So i take the rear axle slider out the packaging, and take it to mu bike, and sure enough....the bolt that runs through the rear axle, is too short!

God i hate it when i know i am going to be right, and that there is going to be another delay!

Phone call to Kenma Australia was made, guy who is supposed to be on it, is out, leave number, will get a call tomorrow!

Not before i send an e-mail off tonight...this has been going on for nearly 6 months now!

How f******* hard can it be!

:(

Good news is that at least Mikey's will fit....both front & back, cause i also tried the front one, and it fits!, as does the rear one, on an 07-08 model FZ6!

:thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, latest on the fork & axle sliders.....shop rang me today to say that they are finaly in the shop! So, with much trepidation, i rode down to the shop to see what was going on.....get there, sure enough they are in, but as i am very suspicious that they had got it wrong...as they were trying to tell Yamaha that the 06 swingarm was the same as an 07-08 swingarm...which WE all know is WRONG!

So i take the rear axle slider out the packaging, and take it to mu bike, and sure enough....the bolt that runs through the rear axle, is too short!

God i hate it when i know i am going to be right, and that there is going to be another delay!

Phone call to Kenma Australia was made, guy who is supposed to be on it, is out, leave number, will get a call tomorrow!

Not before i send an e-mail off tonight...this has been going on for nearly 6 months now!

How f******* hard can it be!

Good news is that at least Mikey's will fit....both front & back, cause i also tried the front one, and it fits!, as does the rear one, on an 07-08 model FZ6!

:thumbup:

Yup. Just got off the phone.. My bike will be ready tomorrow. No rear sprocket yet so looks like the old one will have to last another 10,000km.

Sliders are on...probably got a speedo healer I don't need yet on there too.:(

At least I'll have a bike to ride. Going to go through a lot of chain lube though keeping that sucker from giving up:(

Sorry to hear about a brand new balls-up. Hope they can get it sorted soon.

What a pain:(

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup. Just got off the phone.. My bike will be ready tomorrow. No rear sprocket yet so looks like the old one will have to last another 10,000km.

Sliders are on...probably got a speedo healer I don't need yet on there too.:(

At least I'll have a bike to ride. Going to go through a lot of chain lube though keeping that sucker from giving up:(

Sorry to hear about a brand new balls-up. Hope they can get it sorted soon.

What a pain:(

Cant remember, did you do a 520 conversion???

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yup
Vortex
Red
-2 front for more pull out of corners.

Vortex sprockets are imaginary....in SA at least....Tell em to get one from GYTR...same price, funky gold colour...and they have them in stock!....even i know that, and i dont even work there!!!!!! oh and it can be overnighted from Sydney! Man....i have just been through this...they are pulling your chain (bad pun) telling you they can get Vortex sprockets for an FZ6! I tried for 4 months!

:banghead:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Vortex sprockets are imaginary....in SA at least....Tell em to get one from GYTR...same price, funky gold colour...and they have them in stock!....even i know that, and i dont even work there!!!!!! oh and it can be overnighted from Sydney! Man....i have just been through this...they are pulling your chain (bad pun) telling you they can get Vortex sprockets for an FZ6! I tried for 4 months!

:banghead:

I know, but I gotta try dude. Don't want gold...Want red. If it comes to that I'll just get a stocky and get my own stuff overseas if I can.

They got the front and chain....was it the rear on yours they couldn't get?

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know, but I gotta try dude. Don't want gold...Want red. If it comes to that I'll just get a stocky and get my own stuff overseas if I can.

They got the front and chain....was it the rear on yours they couldn't get?

Yep, rears dont exist for them.....Trust me dude, if it comes, i will be the happiest for ya...but their track record on this one is deplaurable! And if yours comes, then great, so will mine then, too....cause mine is still on order!!!!

Can understanding you wanting your own specific colour...i did not want gold either, but it's what i have got...cause that's all i could get!

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, rears dont exist for them.....Trust me dude, if it comes, i will be the happiest for ya...but their track record on this one is deplaurable! And if yours comes, then great, so will mine then, too....cause mine is still on order!!!!

Can understanding you wanting your own specific colour...i did not want gold either, but it's what i have got...cause that's all i could get!

Maybe i should leave this on order for my 80,000km change...lol

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just thought i would post and give you an update on the Axle & Fork sliders for my bike....the fork sliders which fit are still waiting at the shop...but today i went in there to find out what they had done about the rear axle sliders...as they have never called me back about in the last week! Well, they had done nothing...so get this, i rang Kenma Australia myself from the shop, and sorted it out once and for alll...ended up telling the guy from Kenma Australia all about the different swingarms from different years, and no matter what his PC says...an 06 swingarm is not the same as an 07-08 swingarm, hence the axle sliders for an 07-08 FZ6 will NOT fit an 06 FZ6!

It has only taken about 6 months to get to this point...or something like that, i have lost track!

But the upshot is that, they are going to send me some axle sliders for an 04-05 FZ6...as it is stated on their WRONG PC! Part number 55223, not part number 55222....

When are they going to send them.....gee, who knows, i dont reckon they have even made them yet...not that it is exactly hard...all they need to do is send a longer bolt to put through the rear axle!

Greatest Parts saga ever!