New Seat

Yamahamike

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my new seat from Corbin. I Love it. It takes time to break in. I like the difference in Corbin and TS. I hope this helps everybody. Oh by the way, Leo Vince ROCKS!!!!:drool:

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you have any Cons to the seat? I'm seriously debating this purchase. I can't bite the bullet so to speak tho. Any input you have is greatly appreciated :) It looks great, by the way!

:thumbup:

Yamahamike

Reaction score
Visit site
I did sit on a Top Sadlry seat and I did'nt like it. It was almost like a backrest. The Corbil let's me move on the seat, like on corners. The seat is hard, but it gets better in break in. Leather is better too. I really Love the Corbin..

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
After nearly 10,000 miles on my Corbin, I can't find one complaint. If I had to nitpick and find one? Weight. The Corbin weighs about 10 times as much as the stock seat...seriously. Of course, I'm also just being silly, because that weight has absolutely nothing to do with anything. In fact, it probably helps dull some of the vibrations that people have complained about coming through the seat on the FZ6.

FYI, paulinus. I bought my Corbin from another member lightly used (about 50 miles on it) for $185 shipped a year and a half ago. I would definitely recommend scoping out Craigslist and Ebay before you drop $350-$400 on a brand new one. If you can find a deal on a good used one...do it.

Oh, and Yamahamike, I don't know how many miles you've put on your new Corbin yet, but if you're thinking it'll get softer, it won't. When I first got mine, I couldn't believe how hard to the touch it was. I thought, how in the heck can this thing be comfortable??? But, from the very first day-long ride, I was hooked. I think the firmness has a lot to do with the comfort it provides. It "supports" you better than other seats that you sink in to. It's the absolute best mod I've done to the bike and I wouldn't trade my Corbin for anything!

paulinus

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback, guys :) The stock seat has me wanting highway pegs. I don't know if the Corbin would remedy that or not. I really like the look as well tho. My bum wants one, LOL.

In my EBay carousing I have come across a few Corbin's for sale. So far, they've all gone high enough for me to warrant backing off and just buying a new one. I am still kicking myself for missing opportunities for a seat on here. We shall see, eh? :)

Kriswithak

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a gel pad I can stick on for longer rides, and just pick up and take with me if I leave the bike somewhere. Extremely convenient very cheap, adds a tiny bit more room to stretch your legs while riding and I can guarantee that its good for 600km's in a day without discomfort.
Definately not as cool or trendy as a new seat, but weighs very little, and does an awesome job. I just couldn't come to grips with spending such a large amount on a new seat.