New Rizoma Sportline grips

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the privilege of living near, knowing, and riding with PJ and Paige from PJSPARTS.com. Wonderful people, and as some of you know from purchasing Rizoma parts from them, they run a great business.

Yesterday, they hosted a group ride and cookout for a bunch of us from Kentucky-Sportbikes.com. I'd been thinking about picking up a set of the Rizoma Sportline grips from them for a while, but couldn't decide between the blue (to match my blue '06) or black (like my Pazzos). Paige brought both colors out to my bike so I could check them out and suggested the blue would work well because a) I've got blue adjusters on my black Pazzos and b) the black ones wouldn't stand out as much as the blue. So I, of course, went with the blue. I put them on tonight and I have to say, she was right! They work great with the adjusters and give yet another touch of blue to the bike (my Puig frame sliders are also blue).

So, here's some pictures. And a big THANK YOU to PJ and Paige from PJSPARTS.com!

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

Here you can see the frame sliders, adjusters, and grips:

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've thought about it, but there's one problem. The Rizoma bar ends are much, much lighter than the stock bar ends and that leads to more vibration coming through the handlebars. I'd get some in a second if I could figure out a way to mimic the vibration-dampening effect that the stock bar ends have.

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
Driven D3 grips are a copy of the original rizoma and these have copied the D3 now. Driven are cheaper though at like $45

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Driven D3 grips are a copy of the original rizoma and these have copied the D3 now. Driven are cheaper though at like $45

I hadn't even heard of those until you mentioned them. But either way, I like to support PJ and Paige (not to mention they're a local business to me).

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I installed the FZ1 bar the day before the grips. Someone asked about the bar. I LOVE it! No clearance issues at all and it only took about an hour to do. I got her out in the twisties on the group ride I mentioned above and the bars make her SO much easier to ride. Damn...now I've gotta start saving up some $$$ for those Rizoma rearsets I've been thinking about...lol.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
I've thought about it, but there's one problem. The Rizoma bar ends are much, much lighter than the stock bar ends and that leads to more vibration coming through the handlebars. I'd get some in a second if I could figure out a way to mimic the vibration-dampening effect that the stock bar ends have.

I thought the same thing when putting on my RIZOMA bar ends, BUT, I was surprized that it really didn't make that much difference with the vibration!!! I honestly don't notice any difference with the lighter RIZOMA bar ends!!! Believe me I was stunned as the RIZOMA bar ends are much lighter and I 'should' feel more vibration, but I don't! I say go for it and get a set and give it a shot!!

If worse came to worse and you had or could feel extra vibration, you could always just get and use a Bar Snake. Stop Bad Vibes with Bar Snake! ©2007 Barsnake LLC; All Rights Reserved

BTW your bike is one sexy beast! Great choice on the blue grips!

That's so cool that you know and have riden with Michael and Paige! Can you get me their autographs??? lol Still hands down the BEST customer service on the planet!!! They are the only place that I actually enjoy giving money too!

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those grips would look so sexy on my bike but alas, if they are available here at all they will cost a fortune :(

I checked recently for Pazzo shorties, they are the equivalent of 340 USD a pair! :eek:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, Clay! And I just noticed you've still got your FZ6 as your avatar. You should put a picture of your Tuono up! I promise the forum won't disown you...lol.

BTW, I had the privilege of meeting Clay (cws6fan) at Deal's Gap this weekend. We had our first ever Kentucky-Sportbikes.com meet down there, organized by PJ and Paige of PJSPARTS.com. This was my first trip to The Dragon (gasp...and I only live 4 hours away...I know, I know). Let me tell you, that place is all it's cracked up to be and more! There's already talk of heading back down there in the fall, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!