New Rider wishing for British Spring to arrive!

d11gla

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to everyone!
Just picked my new FZ6 S2 up a couple of weeks ago and have only managed about 95 miles inbetween the arctic gales, snow, ice and rain! Maybe I should have waited like everyone told me too! Or maybe NOT!
I was wondering if anyone has an ERMAX Screen for the naked S2 model and if it makes much difference to riding?
I have purchased a Bewolf stainless steel radiator grill so far, and am interested in visual mods. Anyone got any good ideas ?
Many thanks D11GLA

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to everyone!
Just picked my new FZ6 S2 up a couple of weeks ago and have only managed about 95 miles inbetween the arctic gales, snow, ice and rain! Maybe I should have waited like everyone told me too! Or maybe NOT!
I was wondering if anyone has an ERMAX Screen for the naked S2 model and if it makes much difference to riding?
I have purchased a Bewolf stainless steel radiator grill so far, and am interested in visual mods. Anyone got any good ideas ?
Many thanks D11GLA

Hello mate and welcome ... Another Brit on board !! there is a thread somewhere on the ermax screen (naked version) so you may want to try having a search around.

I'm also hoping the weather gets better pretty soon ... I'm hopefully riding up near you to Middlesborough on Friday to an underwater escape training facility :( should be fun !!

Take a look in the mod section... there's loads of good ideas and lots of pics too. Also search the gallery for a few ideas, that's what I did anyhow. Very helpful.

Speak again soon mate and once again welcome

JC:thumbup:

edit: I found the thread mate but it didn't have any info other than a link to the ermax website... Looks great though :)

bikePart_838.jpg

Last edited:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the site! As we poor americans don't have the nAked version here i can't help on the windscreen but i would like too see some pics. Post 'em up!

d11gla

Reaction score
Visit site
that looks cool, i was on that website and must have misread, thought it said they wouldnt fit the new models, but they obvioulsy do! might reconsider. does it help you at higher speeds much?

d11gla

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah they are, u can get the smaller plates, with a tail tidy. I have the tag D11GLA but its on my car at the moment. Not sure wether to out it on the bike yet!

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
that looks cool, i was on that website and must have misread, thought it said they wouldnt fit the new models, but they obvioulsy do! might reconsider. does it help you at higher speeds much?

It is not a faring but it does help. Something is better than nothing. I got her up to a high speed the other day with my head down, almost 70mph ;)

d11gla

Reaction score
Visit site
i am 6"4, hence the fz6, lovely riding position and my hands were slipping off the bars at about 80mph with the wind blowing in my face! ha ha ha

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i am 6"4, hence the fz6, lovely riding position and my hands were slipping off the bars at about 80mph with the wind blowing in my face! ha ha ha

I do a 300mile round trip to London quite often with no problems.

But at 6"4 your flying high. You might need something abit less subtle.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to everyone!
Many thanks D11GLA
Welcome mate, now you got the Messhia back can't you arrange it with him to sort the weather. Good to hear from another Brit.