New Rider / Just bought 06 fz6

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
What is the average price I should be paying for maintenance?

Oil & Filter, Air Filter, Chain clean and lube? Whatever else needs to be maintained, maybe chain adjustment which I am sure I can probably handle on my own anyway but how much would all this run on average?

And to take it a step further what about replacing the chain & sprockets? Thanks.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Picked up everything at Cycle Gear, not the "best" brand but I bought a helmet, gloves, backpack, jacket, and a bluetooth headset as well. Everything was "Bilt" brand which I guess only Cycle Gear sells. The guy there was super helpful and kept stressing about safety and whatnot.

Welcome, and save your receipt. After completing the BRC, you can bring in your completion card and receive a 15% discount off the gear that you bought in order to take the class. Cycle Gear:thumbup:

OIl change is very easy, takes less than 10 minutes. Versus my friends R6. Have to remove lower fairing, gear shift lever, etc. Good grief.

LVNeptune

Reaction score
Visit site
They gave it to me already "New Rider Discount" got a good deal on everything.

Where can I pick up decent oil (brand or whatnot) and filter locally?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I buy my oil from Cycle Gear. I use Castrol and use a Purolator One Oil filter from Pep Boys.

Use the search function and type in some key words, and you can find a lot of information, not just about oil, but mods and how to do them.