New paint job.....

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
.....in Photoshop.:D:D:D Fun changing the hue scale to see your bike in all different colors. I've always liked the dark olive/army metallic green color, though. :rockon:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Wow, that looks really good. I have got to figure out how to do that in paint shop. I have the strong urge to see what my FZ would look like with a scheme similar to this:

jtarkany-albums-just-fun-picture5001-final-fantasy-xii-judge-master-gabranth-helmet.jpg

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Actually is not that hard. Just use the Polygonal Lasso Tool and highlight the area you want to change the color on. It kind of looks like marching ants in a single file line.:D Then, go to the top and click on Image/Adjustments/Color Balance. Use the three sliding scales to adjust to your color. Make sure you are set to (midtones) and the (preserve luminosity) box is checked.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, that looks really good. I have got to figure out how to do that in paint shop. I have the strong urge to see what my FZ would look like with a scheme similar to this:

jtarkany-albums-just-fun-picture5001-final-fantasy-xii-judge-master-gabranth-helmet.jpg

Would love to see what that would look like.:thumbup:

W

wrightme43

I want one is copper. Like copper foil leaf the whole bike then clear coat it a enough to sand it smooth, then a final coat of clear.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I want one is copper. Like copper foil leaf the whole bike then clear coat it a enough to sand it smooth, then a final coat of clear.

That would look fantastic. What about something like the granite counter tops with lots of clear coats. I think that would look cool, too.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You guys are starting to worry me.... ;) How about your favorite beer labels with 25 coats of hand-buffed lacquer over them? :D

:justkidding: Not sure about that green... maybe a darker green?

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
www.nationalsuperbike.com
.....in Photoshop.:D:D:D Fun changing the hue scale to see your bike in all different colors. I've always liked the dark olive/army metallic green color, though. :rockon:

Your bike would look great in that color. Very unique and a crowd pleaser.
Here is an SV650 that I painted in a similar color- it is actually an early 70's Triumph Bonneville color. In person, the green is not quite as bright as the pictures seem to make it.

tn_IMG_0057.JPG

tn_IMG_0056.JPG