New Owner of 2006 FZ6

Rhadamygg

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, nice to see a thriving community out here. I just purchased (and rode home) a 2006 FZ6 with 3100 miles. I'm no noob, but I have issues with fear and turns.

I've ridden for two years.
Year 1 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (5300 miles ridden)
Year 2 2008 Suzuki B-King (~5200 miles ridden)
Year 3 2006 Yamaha FZ6... 113 miles on day one - at night, freezin' my butt off.

I have four kids, a 7 year old boy, a 3 year old boy, and twin 11 month old girls.

I downsized for a variety of reasons. Money being part of the whole thing. I really didn't like the width of the B-King or the weight, but it wasn't a bad bike. I liked it a lot, just not enough to resist the urge to find something different. It seems like it takes me 1 year or 5,000 miles to figure out if a bike is for me or not - so we'll see where I am in a years time.

Now to figure out some mods to this bike, and hopefully get lots of opportunities to put those 5,000 miles on it. Oh, if anyone can point me in the direction of very cool looking and capable crash protectors/spools.

Some pics of me and the boys.

DSCF3873.jpg

DSCF3858.jpg

DSCF3859.jpg

DSCF3863.jpg

DSCF3875.jpg

I can't tell for sure as I'm not 100% familiar with the bike, but it looks like it has an aftermarket windscreen.

Keep the rubber side down and have fun everyone.
RhadamYgg

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and congrats! You'll love the light and flickable feeling of this bike over the B King! Nice find!

The screen is the stock one though. ;) But, there are some nice ones out there for it.

Check out ebay for T-Rex sliders. Well made and inexpensive! I have them on both mine and my wife's bikes.

Good looking boys you have there!!

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
glad to see you were able to make your way over. sent you a pm on totalmotorcycle on the trex sliders i was talking about.

i told you this is a great forum, and that's true. one thing i failed to mention is that you're going to need some self-control to keep from doing too many mods. ;)

Rhadamygg

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: and congrats! You'll love the light and flickable feeling of this bike over the B King! Nice find!

The screen is the stock one though. ;) But, there are some nice ones out there for it.

Check out ebay for T-Rex sliders. Well made and inexpensive! I have them on both mine and my wife's bikes.

Good looking boys you have there!!

Thanks man! I was actually very surprised at how protected I was from the wind and might not do the first mod on the bike that I've done on the past two - which is upgrade or install a windscreen.

The boys rather unfortunately know they a good looking. Mostly the younger one uses it to his benefit.

RhadamYgg

Rhadamygg

Reaction score
Visit site
glad to see you were able to make your way over. sent you a pm on totalmotorcycle on the trex sliders i was talking about.

i told you this is a great forum, and that's true. one thing i failed to mention is that you're going to need some self-control to keep from doing too many mods. ;)

Hey Dean! Well, money is always a good restraint. But if it makes sense to do, then it makes sense to do. :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:Rhadamygg. I had an 06 same color. Great bike!
You'll have fun hanging out with this great group of folks!

Holy smokes! A B King!!

BusyWeb

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome...:rockon:
Same year and same colour as mine.
You won't be disappointed with your choice.
Looks like your kids are happier than you are... ha ha ha

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the world of FZ6, and to the forum :thumbup:

I have a faster red 06, you're going to love riding it, first mod you should have done after the frame sliders, I still need to get some, is dual headlight mod.

Have fun and be safe!!

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome... I think youll find the FZ a lot easier to get around locally. I drove through Rahaway the other day Jersey can be a scary place for a boy on his bike...

B4sok

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi from Scotland. Nice looking bike, beware once your start the mods they are addictive!!! Graet fun to do though. All the best and keep safe.:welcome:

Rhadamygg

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:Rhadamygg. I had an 06 same color. Great bike!
You'll have fun hanging out with this great group of folks!

Holy smokes! A B King!!

Yeah, the B-King - was one cool bike. Sounds like I will definitely have fun hanging out here.

Thanks for the welcome!

RhadamYgg

Rhadamygg

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome...:rockon:
Same year and same colour as mine.
You won't be disappointed with your choice.
Looks like your kids are happier than you are... ha ha ha

Definitely like the blue. I pick on my older son a lot for not being able to smile in photos... But mostly it is because I don't know how to smile for photos, either. They go crazy at motorcycle shows. Too bad we missed this years, but next year -they are going to sit on every bike there!

RhadamYgg

Rhadamygg

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the world of FZ6, and to the forum :thumbup:

I have a faster red 06, you're going to love riding it, first mod you should have done after the frame sliders, I still need to get some, is dual headlight mod.

Have fun and be safe!!

Hehe - now I'll have to get it painted all black - because we all know black is the fastest color out there - it just absorbs the speed of light!

Definitely frame sliders, and sliders all over the place. Dual headlight mod sounds really cool.

RhadamYgg

Rhadamygg

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome... I think youll find the FZ a lot easier to get around locally. I drove through Rahaway the other day Jersey can be a scary place for a boy on his bike...

It most certainly can be a scary place. I keep to the highways for the most part, though , commuting.

RhadamYgg

Rhadamygg

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi from Scotland. Nice looking bike, beware once your start the mods they are addictive!!! Graet fun to do though. All the best and keep safe.:welcome:

Hehehe I look forward to it. One of the problems with the B-King was the lack of easy to do mods that weren't well completely custom.

Ride safe,

RhadamYgg