New On FZ6 From VN1500

JoeDalton

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi to you all. I'am from Québec Canada, feb 3 and still a lot of snow. I just moved to my new 2008 FZ6 2008 new from the Yam Store. I switched my 2006 VN 1500 Classic (Kawa) for my brand new FZ6. Such a change in the style. I'am a bit nervous about the HP produced by this engine. I found my VN too Cool, Too Soft, and not enough power. After striking the stands a few times taking curves, it's was time to make the move.

Is there any thing i should change from the stock version or any advices i should know before taking my season ? Excuse my english. I'll take a very good pleasure to read further.

Thanks

Louis

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bonjour :D

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

You might like to put some sliders on and make sure you have good riding gear, jacket, back protector etc...

outy

Reaction score
Visit site
Salut,
Je suis de Lachute et je possede un FZ6 -08 depuis Juillet de l'an passé.J'ai 10,000 Km de fait et ce bike me satisfait tres bien, même pour mon premier street bike.
Pour les mod. à faire, je te conseille la modification des lumieres, beaucoup plus safe et beaucoup plus clair. J'ai aussi raccourci le garde-boue arriere, ajouter un cigar lighter et des slider pucks.
Sois patient, la marmotte a vu son ombre, 6 semaines.
A la prochaine,

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Salut,
Je suis de Lachute et je possede un FZ6 -08 depuis Juillet de l'an passé.J'ai 10,000 Km de fait et ce bike me satisfait tres bien, même pour mon premier street bike.
Pour les mod. à faire, je te conseille la modification des lumieres, beaucoup plus safe et beaucoup plus clair. J'ai aussi raccourci le garde-boue arriere, ajouter un cigar lighter et des slider pucks.
Sois patient, la marmotte a vu son ombre, 6 semaines.
A la prochaine,

Yeah! What he said. :D

Welcome, you have selected an amazing motorcycle. :welcome:

JoeDalton

Reaction score
Visit site
Modification des lumières ?? Comment, quoi où ?

Lights mod ? How ? Where ?

Slider pucks ? Is it for crash protection ? Find it at dealer ?

Thanks

Louis

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
First thing is put some sliders on the bike. It can save you a fortune if you drop it, even at a standstill.

I came from an Intruder to the FZ6 so you will realise how small the FZ6 feels. Don`t worry about the HP. It only goes as fast as your right hand will let it.

I have had no problems with the FZ6 at all. It is easy to get used to. But you may start thinking about and after markt seat because the stock seat is like a brick.

By the way I am a big admirer of the VN1500, my brother has one.

Steve

FZyLarry

No power slides for me
Reaction score
Visit site
First, :welcome: and good choice on your new bike!

Next, go to the mods section of the forum (http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/) and do a search for "frame slider" and "dual headlight" and you will find more answers to your questions than you can read. It seems like most everyone has put sliders on their bike but everyone has a favorite brand. There are several approaches to the dual headlight mod or you can just laugh at people when they tell you your headlight is burned out.

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Bienvenue :welcome:

Love the Kawa Vulcan bikes!

My first bike in 2003 was a Kawa Vulcan 750. Nice V-Twin engine, and you could also rev it quite high, about 10k or 11k iirc. I replaced it with my FZ6 because the shaft drive started to cause problems and more importantly the sitting position hurt my back in knees. The FZ6 is much more agile and faster to ride.

Enjoy that FZ6 and post some pictures :thumbup:

Salut :D

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, the sliders sound like the best first mod especially if you get snow. Then the rest is personal preferance, to what you want and need.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and welcome!

I traded in my old 750 cruiser for an FZ6 last July. Don't worry about the HP - it's very easy to control at lower rpms, although it can take a few rides to get used to the throttle control from stop (it's sensitive)

You'll find the FZ6 is MUCH better on the highway than your old bike. The braking and handling are also far better. You'll love it!