New Mods

sjk625

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I posted my introduction not too long ago, but haven't posted since. I was reading and I saw a thread discussing flush mounts and the 07's so I figured I would give an update on my mods. Over the last week I've installed FS6 frame sliders, an led fender eliminator, led flush mounts, and some reflective blue wheel stripes. I am posting a few images because I know :needpics: Thanks for looking, and let me know what you think of the bike so far.

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I posted my introduction not too long ago, but haven't posted since. I was reading and I saw a thread discussing flush mounts and the 07's so I figured I would give an update on my mods. Over the last week I've installed FS6 frame sliders, an led fender eliminator, led flush mounts, and some reflective blue wheel stripes. I am posting a few images because I know :needpics: Thanks for looking, and let me know what you think of the bike so far.

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg
Lookig good, can you post a pick with them actually on so we can see brightness in normal light conditions?
Nel

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i was just going to ask how the visibility was, but Nelly beat me to it. The bike looks great, where did you get the rim stripes from? can you post a pic at night with a flash to show the reflection.

sjk625

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll definitely be able to get some shots or a short video of the visibility of the signals. As of now, I need to install a few resistors to cure the accelerated blink. I tried taking a picture of the rim stripe in my garage with the lights out, I think it came out alright. The rimstripes are made by progrip, I can't remember where I ordered them from at the moment though.

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
those stripes look awesome. if you can think of where you got them i will probably order some. are those the pre curved ones? How difficult was it to get them on straight?

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice lookin; bike you got there!:thumbup: I also see you're a fan of Polish Spring water! Cheers to that. I was born in Poland, and would love to try the Polish spring water. Best I can do here on the west coast is Perrier, or Pelegrino.

Question about your front blinkers, are those watsendesign? Which brand did you use. Also are they legal?

sjk625

Reaction score
Visit site
The rim stripes were a pain to put on, they came in a roll so they are not precurved. The package comes with an applicator as well but it's a little hard to get used to. I did a little searching online and found out that I purchased them on motosport.com, they have several different colors if your interested. Another place to look is Ebay, there are several individuals selling pre curved kits that may be easier to install. As far as the flush mounts go, they were included with the fender eliminator and aren't watsen design. I'm fairly certain they aren't legal, but I see tons of people using aftermarket turn signals and brake lights in New Jersey and don't think they are bothered too often.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think i might look for a pre curved kit, but i do like the reflective aspect of them, (Safety at night) but if i can't find them pre-curved, i will check out the place you ordered from.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
You know, looking atht e first picture made me think that a cool mod would be to put the turn signals into the grab rail. Then you wouldn't need any on the back.

Hmmm...wonder how that might work.

Last edited:

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
The rim stripes were a pain to put on, they came in a roll so they are not precurved.

I installed "non-precurved" rim stripes a couple of weeks ago, and yes, they are a pain to put on. I was an expert by the time I installed the final side. The main thing to watch for is to NOT pull and stretch the stripe as you're applying it...it's very easy to pull too hard as you go around the curvature of the wheel in your efforts to keep the stripe tape in the right place on the curved rim. If you do, the tape will stretch and that portion will be noticeably narrower than the rest of the stripe.
I had to use my 5th spare stripe as a result of doing this on the first attempt.
Reflective red on black rims on the faster red bike looks great!