New Mod ;-]

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I cut (free-hand, I may add) a good portion of the rear tire mud flap, or whatever else you may call it. Makes the Fizzer look sportier; the tire bigger.

4522102356_4781aa922a_b.jpg

4521865106_7d4d210796_b.jpg

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks good. I had done the same thing last Fall, but a loose license plate tore it off!! :eek:
Always check the plate holder bolts with those aftermarket cans.

sublime0713

Gun nut
Reaction score
Visit site
Curious...what did you use to cut it? Dremel? Did you get a lot of melting at the cut? I was thinking of doing something like this and your input would be most appreciated. :thumbup:

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
looks very cool,

I wonder, if it rains, will there more water going upwards to the underseat exhaust? And if so, will it "smoke" a little bit when coming to a stop?

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Curious...what did you use to cut it? Dremel? Did you get a lot of melting at the cut? I was thinking of doing something like this and your input would be most appreciated. :thumbup:

I used scissors! The plastic is pretty soft almost any sharp edge tool would work.

looks very cool,

I wonder, if it rains, will there more water going upwards to the underseat exhaust? And if so, will it "smoke" a little bit when coming to a stop?
Hardly ever rains in the desert of Southern California ;-). If water did get on it and the pipes were hot, I can imagine smelling something and seeing a bit of smoke ; but then again I don't get many opportunities to ride in the rain.

Bram

Reaction score
www.youtube.com
I used scissors! The plastic is pretty soft almost any sharp edge tool would work.

Did you take the fender off the bike when you cut it?
I tried to take mine off a minute ago, but the left side was stuck by the underseat storage-plastic cover.

very neat job if it is done with scissors:thumbup:

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This a pretty easy mod to do, not to mention it's free. Yes do take it off first! You will have to pop up the center plastic plug. If you're careful, using a thin flat edge should help it pop right out. If it breaks no big deal! You still have what 4 screws holding it securely in place. My broke off. I used heavy duty scissors - don't tell the wife :cheer:

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I took mine off and put the bolts and the clip back in the swingarm..i like the trimmed down look you got there.

nimzotech

1st Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Why does the brake caliper and disc look so dusty red?

Nice tire , I just put on a set of the same and broke them in last night!

Dunno :confused:. Maybe somoene else can answer that. Does anybody else have a red-tinted caliper and disc?