New member with new ride

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
I just purchased a 2004 FZ6 Sunday with only 4400 miles and have already put a 100 miles on it. Commuted to work today 35 degrees not to bad. I had been commuting to work on a 150 Qlink Pegasus Scooter for a little over a year. This thing is awesome I was counting down the time this afternoon to leave the office and ride home. I want to say this is a great forum with tons of info thanks for all the help picking this bike. :rockon: By the way I have a scooter for sale :thumbup:

View attachment 10060

View attachment 10061

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
What was it like commuting on a scooter? I see a few commuters on the freeways with the bigger ones, but when I go into San Francisco I see them all over. Was there anything you liked more about it than a motorcycle? My impression is that people ride them because they are less expensive to buy, better mileage, and easier to learn. I've never seen a scooter rider wearing decent gear. Don't bring those bad scooter gear-up habits to the FZ6!

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
What was it like commuting on a scooter? I see a few commuters on the freeways with the bigger ones, but when I go into San Francisco I see them all over. Was there anything you liked more about it than a motorcycle? My impression is that people ride them because they are less expensive to buy, better mileage, and easier to learn. I've never seen a scooter rider wearing decent gear. Don't bring those bad scooter gear-up habits to the FZ6!

I rode the scooter for all those reasons and road in full gear. The scooter just wasn't going to make it with the everyday commute I've got 7000 miles in a year on it and it's just to hard to get parts it seems that most people think of it as a novelty item. One thing I really like is I now I have a real headlight most of my commuting is in the early morning dark. :eek:

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since you have been riding your scooter to work, I'll bet you enjoy the
new found power that you now have. Anyway, welcome, and have fun but
most of all be safe too.
Save your money, cause there are alot of fun things to add to ole blue.

D-Mac

Distance Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the bike!!:welcome:

If you like the headlight now, do the BD43 dual headlight mod and you'll LOVE it.

Powermadd handguards and/or heated grips will make those 35 degree days even easier too.

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome. I recently traded from a scooter as well, except mine was a 582cc Honda Silver Wing. After putting 10,000 miles on that and a Suzuki Burgman 400 I decided on the FZ6 in late July of this year and bought a new '08 (Blue like yours-they're a little faster than the red and black ones). I already have 4200 miles on it. I love it and I know you'll love yours too. Respect its power, it's a monster.