New member welcome thread..

agutierrez

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all....

My time has come. I will finally own a 2008 FZ6 in the black. I will be picking it up in a few hours at my local stealership. It is about time.

The bike was in a crate a few hours ago and is being assembled as we speak. I will keep you guys posted and shoot some pics up when I get a chance.:D

cp04

Dunder Mifflin Employee
Reaction score
Visit site
What's up. I'm brand new to the forum. Gonna be the owner of a blue 04 FZ6 tomorrow. Ran into a guy at the local bike shop. He has a FZ6 and was looking for a race bike, I was looking for something more comfortable than my 04 R6. Well, tomorrow were going down to the dmv to trade. He's giving me a little cash also but were both getting a good deal.
:rockon:

agutierrez

Reaction score
Visit site
I got it. It was everything you guys said it was and more. Great bike. Here are a couple pics.

100_2027.jpg

100_2026.jpg

I was so caught up with the bike, I forgot to reintroduce myself. I'm Alex, and I love to ride. I live in So Cal and really enjoy this forum. I also have a DRZ 400, an SV650 and a TT125 for my wife.

I ride both dirt and street and have trouble deciding what I like more.

Plans for the FZ6;

1. Take off ALL the stickers. I think there is a million of them.

2. Repeat step with stock blinkers and decals.

2. Luggage. Hard Givi cases.

3. Exhaust

4. Comfort seat.

5. Take to Laguna Seca on September 4-6, Cheer for Nicky Hayden, repeat cycle every 365 days.

Thanks for all the input, it has been very helpful. See you on the road.

Maddeth

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, just got my FZ6 3 days ago (and nearly finnished running it in :p) this is my first post, hopefully more to come

P.S. location South Wales in the UK

wheeliemaster

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, my name is Per and I live in a town called Malmö in southern Sweden. Just recently bought my Fz-6 N and I think it is a perfect all-round bike. I have been riding various bikes sense I was sixteen years old and then with a couple of years without a bike, I bought this one.
Have made two mods so far, the headlight fairing and another plate holder. I have been a member for a couple of weeks now and i find this site very helpful and interesting.
I make my living as a truck driver delivering frozen food to different supermarkets in southern Sweden.

Have a great day y all.

:rockon:

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Mark Goodale and live in beautiful Beaverton Oregon. I just got my rocket fast blue FZ6 in April. I absolutly love it. There is a few mods I want to do but in due time. I have ordered the Puig dark smoke windshield. I have a Honda CRF250X dirt bike. It's a perfect bike for riding the many awsome spots off road in Oregon. I have had quite a few street bikes over the years and probably too many to list. This forum is great. I have really enjoyed it. I would like to thank the members for all there comm:rockon:ents and recomendations.

Thorpiticus

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there!
My name is John and I'm a new guy from Atlanta, GA. I bought my '06 FZ-6 two days ago and have been smiling ever since. It has a grand total of 50 miles on it! The previous owner dropped it early and messed his wrist up, so he had to sell it... So I bought a slightly scratched bike at an awesome price.

The board provided me with some excellent advice as I was searching for my bike, and it actually brought me over from the dark side/SV650 world that I was originally interested in. Thanks again for all the advice and I look forward to racking up the miles on my "new" bike! -John

FZ6

Gilo-FZ6

Riding the Big Honda
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Noob

Hi .My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

Got a bit carried away there ..im Martin ,i currently own a Suz DRZ supermoto ..until saturday 30th when ill be picking up my new bike..a trade in that i didnt really want to carry out (i love the SM) but issues out of my control have forced me in to making this change (the evil scum that dont want us to have possesions weve worked hard to buy)

However a brief test ride and an awsome 0% finance offer later i was sold..choosing the faired black model

So thats me..looking forward to browsing this site and enjoying the new bike

Martin.

deekodiver

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody,

My name is Franky and i live in Flandres.
I am a engineer and i have lava-red fazer FZ6 S2 GT. It's my second. The first one crashed last year.

Another hobby is scubadiving.

This forum looks great !

Last edited:

MORTI !

M.A.MEMBER
Reaction score
WWW.KOBO.CO.UK
HELLO The names Stuart live near Manchester in England, just joined so if anyone is interested........not been on a bike since 1985 saw the Fazer and thought it looked the business....my mates told me to insure it for just 2,000 miles for the year (you wont go out in the rain thats enough miles just for some fun)...10 weeks later...1800 miles.... done the dual headlamp mod, much better although at night theres a few car interiors lit up even on low beam, well at least they can see me! just ordered a belly pan in Lava red and an aeromax screen.... both French made...maybe the screen will stop the buffetting, who knows....persuaded the wife we need to go on a touring holiday next year to Spain, shes agreed and we need a bigger bike..FJR 1300...Need to keep the Fazer though it's such good fun and i need a practise run along the Normandy coast line with my mates.....she's not realized yet there will be 2 bikes in the garage.
The bikes really good for the price paid and it only had 400 miles on it, apparently it scared the first owner.....changing into 2nd gears a bit clunky and it is a bit buzzy on the revs but the higher the rpm the better it feels, only had valve bounce a couple of times, it revs out so easily, very addictive....so long for now.............Morti

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone! My name is Andrew, I live just outside Washington, D.C.. I just picked up my 08 Cobalt FZ6 from the dealer on Saturday and have already put nearly 400 miles on her. I posted a couple weeks ago in the *Potential riders must read* thread stating I was going to get an FZ6 as my first bike and sure enough, here I am.

I just LOVE this bike and do not regret at all buying it as my first. I rode it home from the dealer using my friends gear and had no problems getting used to it and even drove on the beltway and 295 (those of you who know what roads those are should know how bad they are). I think it is an excellent first bike as long as you just take it easy and dont be overconfident. The main thing that helped me out I believe is first, I rode around my neighborhood for about an hour on my friends ninja 500 (real easy and def recommend this bike for beginners as well) and then all the riding ive done since I have ridden with him and other friends together. Riding together is the easiest way to gain experience and you feel safer because you know you arent alone.

saveitk

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, Kevin from Dallas, just bought an 04 from a nice guy who really took good care of it. Looking forward to riding.. this is my first bike. I work in the Plano TX area and will commute on the bike.

Kevin

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Hi guys, Kevin from Dallas, just bought an 04 from a nice guy who really took good care of it. Looking forward to riding.. this is my first bike. I work in the Plano TX area and will commute on the bike.

Kevin

:welcome: to the site Kevin. Post up some pics as soon as you get them - we never grow tired of pics.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Hello fellow FZ6'ers. My first post and I recently purchased an 08 and just enjoy every moment of the ride.... only 4 lol. Here are some shots as soon as I got it home right before sunset.

Being in SoCal, the weather is perfect all year round for riding. Enjoy and ride safe!

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

:welcome: to the site!

Ok guys and gals - looks like we have a serious new contender for photo of the month contests.