New member welcome thread..

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone!!

My name is Ken Hollenbeck and I live in the Alpharetta/Cumming area about 20 miles north of Atlanta...great riding in N. GA!! I am 47 years old, have a 7 year old son and wonderful wife Sherri!! She will not even sit on my bike(s), but is very supportive of my love for motorcycles!! In fact, she 'made' me buy my 2008 FZ6!! The last street bike I owned was a 2000 Honda VFR..sold it about 4 years ago to buy a dirtbike! Rode that some, but decided to sell it on the advice of a doctor...lower back issues!! So I have been without a bike for about 4 years...and was going CRAZY...and driving my wife CRAZY!!

I love the FZ6!! Much lighter than the VFR so much more flickable, but yet very stable and just fun to ride!! I bought the all black FZ6...love the way it looks!!

Well, have fun, ride safe and keep the rubber side down!!

Ken Hollenbeck

Welcome Ken!:welcome:
Glad to add another FZ6 rider here on the forum! Post often!:thumbup:

Savaged1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I am from Salt Lake City, Utah. I just bought a 2007 FZ6, my first bike. I have had scooters in the past but I don't really consider them a motorcycle. My FZ6 has been a joy to ride to work every morning. I am loving it. The wife is a bit concerned about all the idiot drivers out there but I try to reassure her and be extra careful.

This is a great website with alot of good info. Thank you all for contributing and helping us new guys to learn about our bikes and what a great experience it is riding. :rockon:

tasop7

Enjoying Life!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, my name is Taso and I'm from the Chicago area. I just bought an 06 FZ6 and loving every minute of it. I just started riding under a couple months ago so the whole motorcycle thing gives me a rush every time I take it out.

I'm in my mid 20's and am married to an awesome girl!

I own my own business as a web designer.

It's a pleasure to join this forum and be connected with such a great group of people!

Erichter

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello I am Eric from Fort Worth, Texas. I have to disagree with all of you who think the blue one is faster I have ridden both and the red one is faster. I am 28 and am a commercial GC in Dallas.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
My FZ6 has been a joy to ride to work every morning. I am loving it.

Howdie Savaged! Glad you're enjoying your new FZ. I also use mine as a daily commuter and for weekend fun. Welcome aboard, and enjoy!

tasop7 said:
Hey guys, my name is Taso and I'm from the Chicago area. I just bought an 06 FZ6 and loving every minute of it. I just started riding under a couple months ago so the whole motorcycle thing gives me a rush every time I take it out.

Hey Taso... welcome to the group! Enjoy your new FZ... be careful, have fun, and keep the rubber side down!

Erichter said:
Hello I am Eric from Fort Worth, Texas. I have to disagree with all of you who think the blue one is faster I have ridden both and the red one is faster.

Howdie Eric! Good choice on colors! Welcome aboard and enjoy!

DaFiz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Y'All. I'm David from Cape Town. I've been on my 2005 Blue Fazer for three years now
(my fourth Yamaha out of 10 bikes I've owned) and I've clocked more kilometres on this bike than any of my previous bikes (40k). I'm also on BikeSA and ThinkBike forums.

:rockon:

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
Hi, all!

My name is Barb, and I'm from the Houston TX area. I have had 5 Yamaha's over the years, and my FZ6 is the most recent. I also ride BMW's and enjoy taking long trips around the country. I have ridden in every state in the lower 48 except MN and OR (I have to fix that soon!) visiting National Parks and finding other really cool stuff along the way.

sideview.jpg

waride.jpg

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Y'All. I'm David from Cape Town. I've been on my 2005 Blue Fazer for three years now
(my fourth Yamaha out of 10 bikes I've owned) and I've clocked more kilometres on this bike than any of my previous bikes (40k). I'm also on BikeSA and ThinkBike forums.

:rockon:

:welcome: to the forum David, after seeing the beautiful scenary you guys have to "put up with" I'm really jealous
:drool: have fun & post lots.

Hi, all!

My name is Barb, and I'm from the Houston TX area. I have had 5 Yamaha's over the years, and my FZ6 is the most recent. I also ride BMW's and enjoy taking long trips around the country. I have ridden in every state in the lower 48 except MN and OR (I have to fix that soon!) visiting National Parks and finding other really cool stuff along the way.

Great to have you aboard Barb, maybe you could add a few things to the Touring section with your extensive experience :thumbup:

Sac-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everybody. New member here from Northern California. I grew up on dirt bikes and just recently switched to street. My Red (Faster) FZ6 is my first street bike and I'm loving it. I'v run up 1200 miles on my 07 and ride about 4 to 5 hours every Sunday with frinds through the foothills. I have alot to learn about street and it looks like everybody in this forum has alot to offer.

grt951

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey... My name is Gary in Phoenix, AZ. I have a 06 FZ6 and really enjoy it. I joined to meet other riders, maybe learn some mods, and share anything I have in the knowledge department.

By the way I just ordered a K&N. Is it worth it?

Nice forum!

-Gary

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Jeremy McAuliff and I've been lurking for a bit admiring several FZ6 bikes and this forum. I'm a returning long time rider thats been out of the sport for about 10 years. I purchased a 2008 Raven FZ6 last week and I've put about 350 miles on it already. Awesome bike !!! I wish I would have bought one earlier.

Apollo

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, fellow FZ6 nuts........

I've decided to jump on this looney bandwagon for a go around and recently purchased (08-04-08) a 2008 Raven FZ6.......

I have been a avid motorcyclist for the past 20 years. Starting out on a 1985 Kenny Roberts edition yamaha RZ350........Rinngggg Dinngggggg Dinnggggg......Gotta love 2 strokes........I sure was a little 16 year old hellion on that bike back in the day.

Since then I have owned everything from the 1988 GSXR slingshot edition 750 to Honda goldwings, FJR1300, FZR 600, etc etc etc..........also many ATV's, dirtbikes, and snowmobiles tossed in for good measure.

I was away from the sport for several years and thought about getting back into it but could never find the "right" bike.

Believe it or not I hated the goldwing and FJR due to how wide they were which made them uncomfortable for me. Also based on my current Mid life status the racer crouched over bikes did not work for me.

Then along came a day I was messing around in the dealership and saw the FZ6.........Its been love and partying ever since..........:rockon::rockon::rockon:

danishman9

Reaction score
Visit site
hey all, paul the name from england, love my naked bird (fz6 that is) she a 2006 black goddes had since new,fitted new cans sound nice,out riding england the the lads and wife sometimes(when i let her) and black is faster!!!:rockon:

Shinn

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone. My name is Jared from Calgary Alberta. I would be another young member being the tender age of 20. Been riding for 4 years now, and been going through the forums since I bought my 07 (of course its the faster blue) back in July. I figured it was time to come say hi and introduce myself. I previously was riding an SV650s so if any one wants a comparison of the two, ask away! I'll be an active member in the mod section, want my new baby to look perfect. See you all around in the forums.

danfree

Reaction score
Visit site
New FZ6 owner. I had an XT225, but needed something better for commuting to work (~20 mi each way). I have a KDX200 for trail riding. Since I never owned/ rode a street bike before, I was really in the market for an SV650. I've read they are better for a beginner. Could not find one at the local Suzuki place, so I went to a Yamaha dealer and traded the XT for an FZ6 (Black, hopefully not as fast as the blue ones). I was kind of hesitant about the I4. The sales guy assured me that this bike may be happier at higher rpm's, but it can do the mellow thing too. I hope he was right. It is a beautiful bike and you gotta admire Yamaha to put a centerstand on it.

Last edited:

NakedJ

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm Jordan from London England. Had my Black FZ6N since March. Originally for commuting it got under my skin and was soon fitting the belly pan, seat cover and just treated "her" to SS Scorpions....sweet

mellofelow

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello fellow FZ6'ers. My first post and I recently purchased an 08 and just enjoy every moment of the ride.... only 4 lol. Here are some shots as soon as I got it home right before sunset.

Being in SoCal, the weather is perfect all year round for riding. Enjoy and ride safe!

IMG_0852.jpg

IMG_0828.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0835.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy,

I've posted a few times, but didn't introduce myself.

I'm Lenny, originally from Long Island, NY, but going to grad school in Boston. I've got an 05 FZ6 in Silver that I bought new last year as an overstock. Didn't get to ride it much in between, but since I brought the bike up to Boston it's been a blast. I mostly use it for commuting back and forth from school and back (Boston's public transportation leaves a lot to be desired), but will probably start taking longer trips once I'm past the break-in period and get a little more experience with the bike.

Great forum. :D