New member welcome thread..

J

jsteinb95

Hey guys, im John Lucas. Just recently bought a new 08 Raven Black Yamaha FZ6. Got my license through taking the MSF course which I knew would be the best way for me start out on the road. I have been riding and racing dirt bikes and quads for years so I pretty much got the basics. And when it came time to entering college, I basically had no more time for that fun anymore. I started thinking economically. And not to mention always knowing in the back of my mind I would come to riding a motorcycle by being influenced from my father who has raced for suzuki in the northeast american and canadian regions back in his day. So those essential reason have lead me to be a part of this community now. I must admit being intrigued to getting one of those crotch rockets at first, however, realized that this bike has my name written all over it. It's perfect all around and actually recommended for beginners as well, no need for crazy power and speed because im not looking to race, just enjoy and commute. Anyway, I joined a car forum and have absolutely benefited in countless ways by being part of that community (IWSTI.com), so I wanted to do the same with having my bike. It certainly helps and what better way to prize one's possession than to share what you can and know about it. Learning something everyday keeps us on our game. :Sport:

:welcome:

Glad you joined! You will love it here. Ride safe!!!!!!

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone:

I'm Lewis Dundas. I'm 53, I live in Orlando, FL, am married for 22 years to my wonderful wife Debbie and have a 17 yearold son Ted. I bought an FZ6 about 6 weeks ago. It's an 06 Blue and runs excellent. The more I drive this bike the more I appreciate it.

I use my bike to commute around 92 miles roundtrip each day. I don't worry about rain too much, otherwise I would not ride as much. Mainly, I won't ride if it is raining in the morning or better than 80% chance.

Rode home yesterday in steady rain all the way. And I must say the the bike felt so good, steady, and safe. I have an old 78 Yammy XS1100, and I hate riding it in the rain because it always wants to skid when braking. The FZ6 is so much more stable.

I enjoy this site, and the members on it. If any members live in my area maybe we can have coffee and a cruise?

fred4theday

Reaction score
Visit site
OHcrap!, fred4theday, NC rider, & alfagame, glad you all came aboard!

fred4theday, what year is your wife's EX500? My first bike was the 2002 EX500R... loved that bike! Hope you get a lot of fun with your new fizzer!

[:welcome:

The EX500 is a Candy Red 2006

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, im John Lucas. Just recently bought a new 08 Raven Black Yamaha FZ6. Got my license through taking the MSF course which I knew would be the best way for me start out on the road. I have been riding and racing dirt bikes and quads for years so I pretty much got the basics. And when it came time to entering college, I basically had no more time for that fun anymore. I started thinking economically. And not to mention always knowing in the back of my mind I would come to riding a motorcycle by being influenced from my father who has raced for suzuki in the northeast american and canadian regions back in his day. So those essential reason have lead me to be a part of this community now. I must admit being intrigued to getting one of those crotch rockets at first, however, realized that this bike has my name written all over it. It's perfect all around and actually recommended for beginners as well, no need for crazy power and speed because im not looking to race, just enjoy and commute. Anyway, I joined a car forum and have absolutely benefited in countless ways by being part of that community (IWSTI.com), so I wanted to do the same with having my bike. It certainly helps and what better way to prize one's possession than to share what you can and know about it. Learning something everyday keeps us on our game. :Sport:

Howdie John, welcome aboard! :Sport:

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone:

I'm Lewis Dundas. I'm 53, I live in Orlando, FL, am married for 22 years to my wonderful wife Debbie and have a 17 yearold son Ted. I bought an FZ6 about 6 weeks ago. It's an 06 Blue and runs excellent. The more I drive this bike the more I appreciate it.

I use my bike to commute around 92 miles roundtrip each day. I don't worry about rain too much, otherwise I would not ride as much. Mainly, I won't ride if it is raining in the morning or better than 80% chance.

Rode home yesterday in steady rain all the way. And I must say the the bike felt so good, steady, and safe. I have an old 78 Yammy XS1100, and I hate riding it in the rain because it always wants to skid when braking. The FZ6 is so much more stable.

I enjoy this site, and the members on it. If any members live in my area maybe we can have coffee and a cruise?

Howdie Lewis! Good to see another local on the board! :welcome:

If you don't mind riding over to the coast, my wife and I are planning to ride up to New Smyrna Beach for lunch at Breakers on Sunday. If you were interested, we could meet up someplace like Titusville. Let me know if you're interested.

Congrats on your new FZ! Enjoy!

Last edited:

IPilot

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

I'm Lucas Guzman and I live in Bowling Green, KY as for 4 years now. I am originally from Colombia and have been here in the States for a while now. I recently bought my very first bike ever, a gorgeous 2008 Raven Black FZ6 and I love it!!! I used to ride with some friends back in Colombia, but never got to get my own bike til now. I have been following this site for a month now, and have found it very helpful and with very interesting topics and great tips for everything I've had questions about.

Right now, I don't really know anybody in town who has a FZ6 or anybody to go ride with, so most of my riding is commuting to work and going by myself to some surrounding towns.

I hope keep learning everyday more and more about the great FZ6 and the exciting world of riding.

:Sport: See you around!!

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone!

I'm Lucas Guzman and I live in Bowling Green, KY as for 4 years now. I am originally from Colombia and have been here in the States for a while now. I recently bought my very first bike ever, a gorgeous 2008 Raven Black FZ6 and I love it!!! I used to ride with some friends back in Colombia, but never got to get my own bike til now. I have been following this site for a month now, and have found it very helpful and with very interesting topics and great tips for everything I've had questions about.

Right now, I don't really know anybody in town who has a FZ6 or anybody to go ride with, so most of my riding is commuting to work and going by myself to some surrounding towns.

I hope keep learning everyday more and more about the great FZ6 and the exciting world of riding.

Howdie Lucas! :welcome: Welcome to the site, congrats on your new FZ, and though you've been here a while now, welcome to the U.S.! This is definately a good group here... glad you found 'em! Hope you find some locals to ride with soon. :Sport:

J

jsteinb95

Hello Everyone!

:welcome: ...... Steve (wrightme43) is from Bowling Green!!!!

ddg

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all

My name is Danny and I am a bike-aholic (or becoming one). I live in Newfoundland, Canada. I got my licence last summer with a 85 yamaha 750 maxim X. I went on a two week/6000 km trip the start of this year and after I finished it the bike decided it was too old for that kind of punishment. So I am the proud new owner of a 2008 blue FZ6, 2000 km in two weeks and it is all smiles. Mods are in the mail.

This forum is great.

J

jsteinb95

Hi all

My name is Danny and I am a bike-aholic (or becoming one). I live in Newfoundland, Canada. I got my licence last summer with a 85 yamaha 750 maxim X. I went on a two week/6000 km trip the start of this year and after I finished it the bike decided it was too old for that kind of punishment. So I am the proud new owner of a 2008 blue FZ6, 2000 km in two weeks and it is all smiles. Mods are in the mail.

This forum is great.

Welcome!!! Glad you joined! Ride safe.

:needpics:

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all

This forum is great.

ddg, welcome aboard! What kind of mods are you doing? :Sport:

ddg

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for the welcomes. The mods I am doing are in my signature (save me from typing them again). I kinda went a bit crazy since I just bought the bike but its all part of the fun of riding. Besides after the winter in Newfoundland I need to take advantage of the riding season when it comes. And credit card companies need to pay its employees somehow, just doing my part.

ITSME

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello my name is Shawn and im an FZ6 addict, ive had my 06 Fazzer since it first came out i love this bike, all the mods ive done to it shows that, i'll be sure to post up my mods once i stop reading all this great info here. Look forward to meeting and chatting with you all.

J

jsteinb95

Hello my name is Shawn and im an FZ6 addict, ive had my 06 Fazzer since it first came out i love this bike, all the mods ive done to it shows that, i'll be sure to post up my mods once i stop reading all this great info here. Look forward to meeting and chatting with you all.

:welcome: Enjoy the site and ride safe.

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, my name is Mike and I just got my '08 FZ6. I love this site, very helpful. This isn't my first bike but it's definitely the best I have had, absolutely love it! I live in Connecticut, just moved here and love riding the coast (it would be alot better if there wasn't so many damn tourists haha)

J

jsteinb95

Hey all, my name is Mike and I just got my '08 FZ6. I love this site, very helpful. This isn't my first bike but it's definitely the best I have had, absolutely love it! I live in Connecticut, just moved here and love riding the coast (it would be alot better if there wasn't so many damn tourists haha)

:welcome: Glad you decided to introduce yourself!!!!! Ride safe. :thumbup:

rjsk8dougfisher

Reaction score
Visit site
What up all

My name is Rj and I just picked up a used 2005 FZ6 about two weeks ago. This is my second bike, an upgrade from an XT250. Great bike but I needed something more comfortable to commute to work on and the FZ6 did the trick. The FZ is a wondeful bike that I hope to keep for many years to come. Also this is a great site with a lot of helpful information (actually it made me buy the FZ6 instead of a Bandit).