New member welcome thread..

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a first time rider and took my MSF class two weeks ago in Northern Virginia with my wife and brother. We had a blast and I highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't taken it or for anyone who wants to learn to ride. Before the class I started looking into bikes( but not too much so as not to jinx myself) and after I got my license I started looking alot more. I was set on a naked SV650 and found a dealership near me that had a used one in great condition. I sat on it a few times and really liked it. I had looked at the FZ6 online and researched it as well but it just wasn't doing it for me. So a week ago I walked into the dealership 100% decided on the SV650. I walked right over to the bike and sat on the FZ6 next to it and said "I LOVE THIS BIKE!". Nothing but seeing it in person and sitting on the bike does it justice. My wife said to think about it and I had to agree since it was an 06 vs an 03 and meant I would be spending significantly more money. I reluctantly left the store.

I got home and called the dealership and asked if they still had it because if they did I was going to come back and buy it. The guy laughed and said, "Was it calling to you?" The man had no idea. So I purchased my RED 06 FZ6 last week but had to wait a week to ride it while the frame sliders were ordered. It has been the longest week and I have been so tempted to ride the bike but I left it at the dealership to have them install them. I figure if I am going to drop the bike it is going to be when I am starting so I need to wait. So I had to settle for putting on my gear and walking around the house.

The bike was delivered at 9pm this past Saturday. Needless to say I was up at 7am Sunday to go riding. Since I live 20 miles outside of DC it was parking lots and back streets till I get comfortable with traffic. But I did manage to put MY first 18 miles on the bike and even made a trip to 7-11. Now I am waiting for my wife to get her bike, probably a cruiser :ban: so we can both ride together.

Bike.JPG
bike%20front.JPG
Riding%20in%20Circles.JPG

Now for the Red vs Blue debate. A study was conducted using video games to see if the color of the teams (red vs blue) has any effect on the outcome.

"There are no functional differences between the two other than hue, leading most to assume that neither team would have any sort of unfair advantage over the other.

Not so fast. Researchers at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark found that the red team won 55% of the matches.

Rather than chalking that up to dumb luck, the scientists behind the study believe it has more to do with the inherent qualities of red as a psychological distractor and a natural signal of male dominance, a thought echoed in a 2005 study linking the color to enhanced performance in real-life sports."

(Full Article)

So while it has yet to be determined if Blue is truely faster it has been proven that Red is a natural sign of male dominance. Of course I still have respect for all the ladies riding their Blues.

Shafe716

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Matt. I'm from around Albany, NY and just picked up my BLUE 07 FZ6 2 weeks ago. So far I love it. :rockon:

The Rayman

Professional Cat Herder
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.myspace.com
Hi Folks, I'm a regular over on SBN and was turned on to your wonderful site a while back by Hellgate (Pete). No more lurking.... I promise!

J

jsteinb95

Hi Folks, I'm a regular over on SBN and was turned on to your wonderful site a while back by Hellgate (Pete). No more lurking.... I promise!

:welcome: :welcome: Enjoy the site!!!!! Ride safe!

Props to Pete! :D

4drfocus

Rurouni
Reaction score
Visit site
The name is phillip,just bought an 07' fz6 (red) two weeks ago to be my daily driver. as my screen name says I drive a 01' focus sedan,I'm a member of the Sports Car Club of America,I race the focus in unlimited class auto-cross events monthly,with the focus being highly modified it was drinking alot of 91 octane gas for a daily driver.now I can leave focus as a race car,and drive hell out the fz6.:D

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, been trawling this great site for info for the last few weeks...

Finally purchased my steel horse and am eagerly waiting for it's delivery tomorrow morning :D

Passed my opens a few weeks ago, then stumbled across an awesome deal... Salesmans mistake ended with me putting a deposit down on a new black FZ6n at 20% discount - noice one bruv!

Cyas round the traps, safe riding,

k.

FrankZappa6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, name is Kevin. 47 yrs young - had a dirtbike as a kid. I bought this bike 3weeks ago from the 'internet rep' at a L'ville, KY dealer. When I was telling him what I was looking for, he couldn't understand FZ6 until I said 'FZ6 - as in Frank Zappa 6'. then he got it, and thus, my moniker. It's an '08 in Cobalt Blue. I would tell you how amazing it is, but you already know that. I picked up a nail at just under 400 miles - see my post in the tires thread to compare a Dunlop D220 with a D252.
Best to ya!
Kevin
:Sport:

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
I never posted in here, so I figure, why not.

I'm Matthew. I'm a 20 year old college student, most likely studying film/media production, but very undecided currently. I also work part times in two jobs, while moonlighting rarely at a third. I work in a photo studio, a nonprofit that ships unused, yet disposed of medical supplies to impoverished nations, and occasionally, when i feel like it, I take back my old chef hat, and cook in a local restaurant, where I had previously worked for about 2.5 years between stints in school.

The fz is my first personally owned bike, which I purchased about a month ago, and have since racked up alittle over 1200 miles worth of city, twisty and suburban commute. I took the MSF BRC about a year ago August, and had ridden occasionally between that and being able to afford the fz.

As you can most likely tell from my mods, I'm a huge fan of the subtle naked, streetfighter and stealth looks

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Matthew!!:D

You will find lots of good info on this site and plenty of lively discussion!

Congrats on the new FZ..it's a great bike!

See you around the forum:welcome:

Edit:: DOH!!!! I just realized you have been around since May..you already know about this forum!

Welcome anyway!

Last edited:

githianki

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings all...

Long time lurker, first time post. Pickup my new ride on Saturday. 08' FZ6..in that most stylish blue. Can't wait!!! First inline-4 bike I have owned. Hell first sport bike I have owned. Had an Intruder 800, V-Star 1100, Royal Star Tour Deluxe, Sportster, and now this. Love my sporty but the riding position is wreakin havok on my neck. So its going to spend some time in the garage...might turn it into a ground pounder or something like that.

Can't wait to get this thing......:wav:

Dave

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
I never posted in here, so I figure, why not.

I'm Matthew. I'm a 20 year old college student, most likely studying film/media production, but very undecided currently. I also work part times in two jobs, while moonlighting rarely at a third. I work in a photo studio, a nonprofit that ships unused, yet disposed of medical supplies to impoverished nations, and occasionally, when i feel like it, I take back my old chef hat, and cook in a local restaurant, where I had previously worked for about 2.5 years between stints in school.

The fz is my first personally owned bike, which I purchased about a month ago, and have since racked up alittle over 1200 miles worth of city, twisty and suburban commute. I took the MSF BRC about a year ago August, and had ridden occasionally between that and being able to afford the fz.

As you can most likely tell from my mods, I'm a huge fan of the subtle naked, streetfighter and stealth looks

Matthew, welcome aboard! Glad you found this crazy bunch of good people! :Sport:

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings all...

Long time lurker, first time post. Pickup my new ride on Saturday. 08' FZ6..in that most stylish blue. Can't wait!!! First inline-4 bike I have owned. Hell first sport bike I have owned. Had an Intruder 800, V-Star 1100, Royal Star Tour Deluxe, Sportster, and now this. Love my sporty but the riding position is wreakin havok on my neck. So its going to spend some time in the garage...might turn it into a ground pounder or something like that.

Can't wait to get this thing......:wav:

Dave

Dave, congrats on the new Fizzer. Doesn't the anticipation suck?! :D Hope the Fizzer is good on your neck. I was going to get an R6, but when I got my broken back, I reconsidered and went with the FZ. The FZ has never caused my back any problems... hopefully will be the same with you neck! Enjoy!

OHcrap!

Reaction score
Visit site
Nothing special here, just wanted to finally go through the official intro. I'm like a lot of others I've read about here. I've been looking in for a while and finally decided to join. I became a true member when I picked up my first FZ6 on July 5. I was fortunate to find a faster blue '05 that has been well cared for. I've been around bikes off and on through the years and I've done the full sportbike thing and knew I didn't want to go there again due to comfort. My buddy picked up a FZ1 last year and after seeing and sitting on it I knew I had found what I wanted but thought maybe I better tone it down a little since it's been a while on two wheels. The obvious choice was the 6. Couldn't be happier with the bike and this forum. Crazy amounts of info here thanks to all those who participate. A huge thanks to all of you and I hope to be able to contribute one day.

fred4theday

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I'm Fred in Conyers Georgia.
I Just bought a left over 2K7 still in the crate and can't wait to get it on the road

Sold my ex500 to my wife for 1 dollar. She is scheduled to take her MSF in September. Pictures coming next week after a short vacation trip. :Sport:

NC rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi , my name is Tom and I live in Fayetteville NC. I have an 07 FZ6 That I bought new in May 08. Blue of course . It's my 4th bike and I Love it. I haven't riden for about 15years so I'm a little rusty but riding this bike is fantastic.My other bikes were, a 70 Honda 125 street bike my wife bought me in 72 that I learned to ride on. In 73 she bought me an H1 kawasaki triple cylinder 2 stroke that was another great bike. In 78 she bought me a brand new Yamaha Venture Royal that I had til 93.

alfagama

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, think is time to introduce myself. Less than two months ago I got my brand new Gray FZ6 Naked. My very first motorcycle and it has been soooo much FUN!!!!.
I have tried to do everything to minimize risks, took basic training, that's all I can get on my country, now I bought "Proficient Motorcycling" after a recommendation I read on this forum, always ride with all the gear, you know, helmet, jacket, boots and gloves.
By the way, many thanks to all of you sharing your knowledge and experiences on this forum.

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
OHcrap!, fred4theday, NC rider, & alfagame, glad you all came aboard!

OHcrap!, the riding position was a big reason for me buying the FZ6 as well. I was thinking about getting an R6 until my broken back happened. I definately made the right choice... have had no pain in my back due to riding.

fred4theday, what year is your wife's EX500? My first bike was the 2002 EX500R... loved that bike! Hope you get a lot of fun with your new fizzer!

NC rider, welcome back in the saddle! Sounds like you have a lot of experience under your belt... I look forward to reading your posts!

alfagame, glad you found this group. I've gotten a lot of good info from these folks too. Congrats on the FZ... have fun, be careful, and keep the rubber side down!

:welcome:

GodSpeedLuc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys, im John Lucas. Just recently bought a new 08 Raven Black Yamaha FZ6. Got my license through taking the MSF course which I knew would be the best way for me start out on the road. I have been riding and racing dirt bikes and quads for years so I pretty much got the basics. And when it came time to entering college, I basically had no more time for that fun anymore. I started thinking economically. And not to mention always knowing in the back of my mind I would come to riding a motorcycle by being influenced from my father who has raced for suzuki in the northeast american and canadian regions back in his day. So those essential reason have lead me to be a part of this community now. I must admit being intrigued to getting one of those crotch rockets at first, however, realized that this bike has my name written all over it. It's perfect all around and actually recommended for beginners as well, no need for crazy power and speed because im not looking to race, just enjoy and commute. Anyway, I joined a car forum and have absolutely benefited in countless ways by being part of that community (IWSTI.com), so I wanted to do the same with having my bike. It certainly helps and what better way to prize one's possession than to share what you can and know about it. Learning something everyday keeps us on our game. :Sport: