New member welcome thread..

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm Brad from Northern Idaho. I just joined the forum about a week ago and have had lots of help and hope I have helped others as well. I am currently in California in the Bay area cause I volunteered for my second deployment in support of OIF-OEF, my first tour was in Iraq about 1hr north of Baghdad. I have a 2005 FZ6 that is SILVER (that's for all the hater's LOL) with about 11,500 mile on the clock. This is my third bike. My first was a '94 Yamaha Virago 535, second was an '82 Honda Interceptor 500 (a.k.a the Captain Americabike) and now my pride and joy, the FZ6! Glad to join and I'm glad I found this site!

Brad

Welcome Brad, ride safe and lots of posts.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Visit site
hi im martin from hastings in the uk,just brought a fz6 fazer s2,had it about 2 weeks and started moding it already,and guess what colour it is,,,,its BLUE:rockon:

JoKeR

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone !

I'm Frank Grobben from Belgium.
I'm 24.
I don't have a bike, neither do I have a licence.
But I want to get one as soon as i have saved enough cash haha.

I'm very intrested in the Fz-6n.
In my opinion it's a beautifill bike and i think it's perfect to start with.

I work for a glasmanufacturer. I do order input + capacity- and productionplanning.

Nice to meet you!

Kazpar

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My name is Kaspar, i'm from Estonia. Made licence this year and for first bike bought Yamaha fz6 fazer s2 /abs. Black one. Why that? Comfortable, great look and good price :) So far no regrets.
Have looked around in this forum for a month. Have got many answers to my questions :)
Rided for over 3 weeks now and the feeling is just getting better and better. Havent made any mods yet but first one is i think frame sliders, then exhaust or smth. Let's so how everything works out :)

Sorry for my bad english :)

Cheers,
Kaspar

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Kaspar!

Always happy to see new members that want to post to the forum! It's been a great learning experience for me!

Anyway, congrats on the new bike...you won't be disappointed!

Welcome!:thumbup:

stealthman_1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi!
I'm Tim and tomorrow my new '08 FZ6 in cobalt blue should arrive around noon! It wasn't my original goal to get this bike, but it was always in the top three for consideration. I think in the long run I'm going to be very glad I bought this bike instead of the others I was considering for many reasons.
This will be my first street bike, but I've ridden dirt for 10 years.
I was lucky to get the one I got, they are getting in very short supply in my area and the few left are getting marked up. I was lucky as I whined about wanting a black one and 'settled' for a blue one below MSRP. I plan on commuting on it, which 50mpg vs. 15mpg in my SUV will more than make the payments in gas savings. I will also do a lot of Sierra riding and will probably let it see its fair share of gravel roads. Have enjoyed the forum so far and learned a lot from your generous knowledge. Look forward to the ride!

Last edited:
J

jsteinb95

Hi Tim.....:welcome:

Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy the site and make sure to post some pics! :thumbup:

muismacho

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

I just bought my 07 faster blue FZ6 last week. I absolutely love the bike and hope to meet other FZ6 folks in the Wash. DC area. Right now all I want to do is start moding the bike...starting with a new slip on exhaust. Anyways, great site and look forward to meeting some of y'all.

46+

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, recently joined the FZ6 owners club. I picked up a leftover '06 in [B]"More visable Red". [/B]I've been lurking here for some time, doing my homework and gathering info before returning to riding after some 28 years or so. We rode Yamaha DT-250's all through middle and high school, then I bought a Honda CB-175, ( put 30K on it! ) XL-600, then a Suzuki GS 650EX. The Suzuki was ok, I just wasn't into the constant speeding and other stunts like all the other young fools so I sold it off back in 1983 or so. I am going in for the 600 mile service on Teusday. So far the only negatives are really bad vibration in the handlebars; less, but still bad vibration in the seat, and a useless windshield. I already tried the factory taller windshield, it moved the windblast from my shoulders into my face, not much fun when a truck goes by. I am 6'2"
210 lbs. I would like to hear from some of you taller riders reguarding a windshield that works.

Vorg

Uncaged Freedom addiction
Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings all my name is Lee

I grew up around the enterance of Yosemite and been riding motorcyles and quads since I was 15. After I got married I purchased a Dual sport Suzuki DR350 and tried to ride on the road I swear cagers were trying to kill me and the groves on the road really pulled the DR350 around. So needless to say I just stuck with dirt bikes and Quads.

My wife a couple of months ago wanted a Vespa to save gas (you should see the gas bill for the F150) she only wanted a LX50 which is fine and she has been riding to work except when the temps reach 110 F. I love to take it out and ride around. I just love being on two wheels but it takes 1/2 a city block to get up to 35 mph and the cagers are breathing down my back which I really dislike. So at first I was just going to get a bigger displacement Vespa good lord have you seen the price?? No way, I want a real bike if I am going to pay that much.

I looked at V-Strom's, Cruisers, Ninja 650R's none just quit fit the bill. Then I found the FZ6, instant love. But I promised the wife I would wait until after the MSF class which ends July 27. Then its only to find a dealer that want to sale a bike without a huge mark up.

n1one

RIP Tom Eden
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Lee!!:welcome:

You will love riding the FZ...and glad to here you took the Safety Course....everyone should take it!

Good Luck on the purchase...post often!

mike220

Chips
Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy all. Name's Mike. Born and raised in the great countr... I mean state of Texas. Currently live about 90 miles SE of Dallas in the town of Athens. In school studying architecture when I'm not jumping through hoops trying to reenlist.

Unless something goes stupid, by this time next week I'll be the proud owner of a 2007 red FZ6 that I'm hoping to take off my sister and her boyfriend's hands. My first street bike, but I've been riding dirt off and on for a few years. All stock so far, but that won't last long.

ryanFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm Ryan and I just got my first bike yesterday!! '06 FZ6 in Red!
Very low miles and I plan on keeping it forever. I'm a student at UC Davis, near Sacramento, I have an internship in the East Bay this summer, and I am originally from Fresno, so if there is anyone from those areas plz contact me and I'd love to go for a ride.
Thanks!

J

jsteinb95

Hi guys,
I'm Ryan and I just got my first bike yesterday!! '06 FZ6 in Red!
Very low miles and I plan on keeping it forever. I'm a student at UC Davis, near Sacramento, I have an internship in the East Bay this summer, and I am originally from Fresno, so if there is anyone from those areas plz contact me and I'd love to go for a ride.
Thanks!

Hi Ryan, :welcome:
Congrats on the purchase....enjoy the bike and the forum. Ride safe!

MarcW

full throttle turd nugget
Reaction score
Visit site
Havent done this intro thread thing yet.

Im Marcus. i'm a 21 year old jouneyman weldor/fabricator currently working at a structual/architectual steel fab shop. i have been riding mt bikes for quite a few years, and dirt bikes. and i thought i would get a bike. i got a 2005 FZ6 in grey/black with 3600 miles on it in early june. now it has about 6100 :thumbup: gonna pump her up with exhaust/k and n and a PC3, here in a couple weeks. got my two brothers in the mail :rockon: carbon to be exact. gonna ride the piss outta the bike and see were she takes me. im thinkin some metzeler sport tec M3's or some cheaper dunlop qualifiers are in the near future, i've allready done some drifting on th estock sportmax's.