New member welcome thread..

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome aboard with the new bike, Scott! How many beds at your hospital? I work at a facility with about 290 in EVS, and can't wait to get out of the department! :D

Hope you enjoy the new ride!

I'm not completely sure how many beds total, but we just opened our new Patient Tower which has 301 beds.

And I'm definitely enjoying the ride so far! :)

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not completely sure how many beds total, but we just opened our new Patient Tower which has 301 beds.

And I'm definitely enjoying the ride so far! :)

301 beds just in the new Tower? Dang... must be a pretty good size facility.

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
301 beds just in the new Tower? Dang... must be a pretty good size facility.

It is, it is. And this is just one hospital in the system. Last year we were voted the nations #1 integrated health system (by some foundation nobody has ever heard of). I'm rather proud of the place and lucky to work here. ;)

Plus, if I crash my bike on the way to work I'll already be near a Level 1 Trauma Center. :rolleyes:

p.s. Chatting with some coworkers, we think the bed count here is right around a thousand.

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, this Grumpy1luvs2eat(AKA Paul Maciel) in Gulfport, MS. I own an '06 Red FZ6 that I bought used last month. I have to tell you that I am having the time of my life on this bike. I was looking for a mid range ride. This bike fills my needs to a tee. I've put 3500 miles on it since getting it. It's a little buzzy at freeway speeds, but other that that it does me fine. The only other comment that I will make at this time is that I will race and beat any BLUE FZ6 out there and BEAT it in to the road!

Troubl

On the Group W bench
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, this Grumpy1luvs2eat(AKA Paul Maciel) in Gulfport, MS. I own an '06 Red FZ6 that I bought used last month. I have to tell you that I am having the time of my life on this bike.

Welcome aboard Grumpy, from another '06 Red FZ6'er! Have fun! :Sport:

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, mine can WARP 7 easily! I was being chased by Spock on GSXR 600 last weekend. He thought that I had some work done mine, but not yet. Had to tell him it was all talent! I plan Power Commander, then pipes, if needed. ;-)!

CrioGeniC

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

My name is Michael Wilkinson and I am from Chesapeake VA. Been lurking here for a couple of weeks now, but as of last Monday, I became a FZ6 Owner!!! :rockon:

Gonna combine a few threads in one here, so here it goes. I started riding 3 years ago on a 2005 Suzuki GS500F. Did a year and 5000 miles on that, the moved to a 2005 Kawasaki ZZR600. Did a year and 6000 miles on that one and just sold her 2 weeks ago. After a year on a Supersport, my back was really starting to give me fits on longer rides, so I knew I wanted / needed something more upright. So I started looking at the Ninja 650R and the FZ6. I did a lot of research on both bikes, want to thank everyone here for all their great insight and knowledge. It was you guys and gals that pushed me over the edge toward the FZ6. So last Monday, I found a 2005 with 2085 miles on her. She has one little blemish on the tank, which I plan to take care of soon, but other than that, she is in perfect shape.

I have only had a chance to put a couple hundred miles on her so far, but I have enjoyed every minute of it. Everything you all say about the bike is true. When I took my first ride on her, the first thing that crossed my mind was, "This is the bike I should have bought last year!!"

Thanks again, and btw, I only paid 3800.00 for her!!!!

FZ64a.JPG

AJ_rider

Published FIZZER
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome Michael! Congrats and great deal on the bike! Looks good. As you said there is a ton of useful information on here as well as just great people. Check out the mods section if you dare...your wallet will never forgive you!

:Sport:

Agente Especial

Red Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Brent, and I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I'm married and have a seventeen month old little boy who is as consumed by motorcycles as I am. I've been on for nearly two months now and couldn't be more appreciative of the hospitality, wisdom and friendship of the forum!

Previous Rides
1. Too many MX bikes and ATV's to mention
2. VSTAR 1100 Classic
3. Suzuki DL 1000 VSTROM
4. Suzuki C50 Boulevard

Currently
07' FAST AS HELL RED!!!! w/ approx 700 miles

Mods
Bikerdude's Wiring harness mod (AMAZING), Fender eliminator kit, TREX sliders, Bore/Drilled Stock Exhaust (Very Pleased), wheel striping, custom grips and levers. TCP seat cowl on the way. :rockon:

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Brent, and I live in Atlanta, Georgia. I'm married and have a seventeen month old little boy who is as consumed by motorcycles as I am. I've been on for nearly two months now and couldn't be more appreciative of the hospitality, wisdom and friendship of the forum!

Previous Rides
2. VSTAR 1100 Classic
3. Suzuki DL 1000 VSTROM
4. Suzuki C50 Boulevard

Currently

Mods
Bikerdude's Wiring harness mod (AMAZING), Fender eliminator kit, TREX sliders, Bore/Drilled Stock Exhaust (Very Pleased), wheel striping, custom grips and levers. TCP seat cowl on the way. :rockon:

Welcome Brent! Nice list of mods for only a couple of months. Post up come pics and enjoy your ride!

J

jsteinb95

Hi Brent! Welcome! Glad you finally joined us. Enjoy the site and ride safe. :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Previous Rides
2. VSTAR 1100 Classic
3. Suzuki DL 1000 VSTROM
4. Suzuki C50 Boulevard

Currently

Mods

Welcome to the site, I am glad that you found us and decided to join!!!

Ride lots an Post often!!!

wing8872

Reaction score
Visit site
Howdy all,

I'm from South Carolina. I have a black 08 FZ6 and love it. This is the best site I've seen that deals with motorcycles. Glad it specializes in FZ6s.

ZeroChuck

****in Chuck Norris
Reaction score
Visit site
hello people, just came across this site after my recent love afair with fz6's......esp nekid style :thumbup: sold my last bike a few months back and looking for that next 2 wheeled beauty. looks like a great site and looking forward to many many helpful hints :Sport:

J

jsteinb95

hello people, just came across this site after my recent love afair with fz6's......esp nekid style :thumbup: sold my last bike a few months back and looking for that next 2 wheeled beauty. looks like a great site and looking forward to many many helpful hints :Sport:

:welcome:

Glad to have you with us. Enjoy the site and ride safe.

Red FZ6 Rocket

Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup: Hey Everyone, I bought my first street bike last month a red 06 FZ6 with 2002 miles for $4500. So far I've put 950 miles on her and loved every minute. I grew up riding dirt-bikes, three-wheelers and four-wheelers. Riding with eighteen wheelers can be a little intimadating. But I'm very happy with the bike's handling and performance. I hope to kept learning more about great motorcycles.

J

jsteinb95

:thumbup: Hey Everyone, I bought my first street bike last month a red 06 FZ6 with 2002 miles for $4500. So far I've put 950 miles on her and loved every minute. I grew up riding dirt-bikes, three-wheelers and four-wheelers. Riding with eighteen wheelers can be a little intimadating. But I'm very happy with the bike's handling and performance. I hope to kept learning more about great motorcycles.

:welcome:

Enjoy your new bike and ride safe.

T

The afterburner

Hi guys, I am Glenn, but am better known on UK forums as The afterburner ( a nickname attrtubuted to me cos of my flatulence rather than my riding prowess). I live on the Isle of Wight, off the south coast of England(pictures below). In my 46yrs I have ridden many different bikes, but my latest purchase is an orange and black 2006 FZ6n. I will be bombarding you with questions about the best aftermarket parts for the bike....so stand by;)