New member welcome thread..

Hello everyone,

My name is Tim and I live on the west coast of Florida.30 minutes north of Tampa.My wife and I migrated here about ten years ago from a small town in eastern NY near the Mass border.I've been riding motorcycles since I was about 9.

I do most of my riding with my wife.She has a Sportster and I have a Dyna.
I know,I know,Harleys.... Anyway, we went into a yamaha dealer last week and my wife spots this FZ6 and loves the way it sits and feels.After talking with the manager I find out its an 06 leftover, 0 miles on it.He made an offer we could not refuse and it's in our garage now.

I do have to admit I totally under estimated this bike.I thought because it was a 600 it would lack power.I haven't had so much fun in years. My wife may never get to ride it. lol

Yes it's the blue (faster) one.

Tim,

Tim.... welcome ...from OCALA we are nearly neighbors

and I have a Harley in my garage too... '03 Electraglide CLassic--- I will say it has only been riden once since I bought the FZ6

drop me a private msg and tell me what town you are in --- maybe we can hook up to ride sometime especially after the weather breaks in October and the Thunderstorms slow down.

Enjoy

Mike

Mike,thanks for the welcome.This is a great place.
I know what you mean about the Thunderstorms.Can't wait till the weather gets a bit more predictable.

I'm in Port Richey.

Hello everyone,

My name is Tim and I live on the west coast of Florida.30 minutes north of Tampa.My wife and I migrated here about ten years ago from a small town in eastern NY near the Mass border.I've been riding motorcycles since I was about 9.

I do most of my riding with my wife.She has a Sportster and I have a Dyna.
I know,I know,Harleys.... Anyway, we went into a yamaha dealer last week and my wife spots this FZ6 and loves the way it sits and feels.After talking with the manager I find out its an 06 leftover, 0 miles on it.He made an offer we could not refuse and it's in our garage now.

I do have to admit I totally under estimated this bike.I thought because it was a 600 it would lack power.I haven't had so much fun in years. My wife may never get to ride it. lol

Yes it's the blue (faster) one.

Tim,
Hi Tim,
Welcome. I hope your weather improves soon. We had rain for two months. Itsnot even warm rain. At least you sometimes get that luxury.
Neil

Hey Gents! Just became a happy new owner of 07 beautiful blue FZ :)
so far 600 of very gentle brake-in miles in 5 days :D

I've looked at couple other forums and I think this is the winner ;)

Thanks!
Mike.

Say Fisheye, just wondering what that offer was that you couldn't refuse. There's a couple of threads in here in which a lot of us has posted the costs on our bikes. By the way welcome, great place for q's and a's.

new member reply

hi people i,m from nottingham, england glad to find this very usefull site,the bike i have is afazer s2 2007 model,i had a fzs fazer before this one and loved it to bits.

Hello everyone!

My name is Jay and I currently live in Guam. I just got my first FZ6 (and first bike period) and cannot wait to get cruising on this thing!

My name is Jay and I currently live in Guam. I just got my first FZ6 (and first bike period) and cannot wait to get cruising on this thing!

Welcome Jay! Be careful not to run off the end of the island! I don't think the FZ6 will float!:rolleyes:

Hi evryone

I am Yiannis from Greece.I live in the island of Kos and a I am married with a newborn son (just 18 days old). I own a 2004 fz6 and before that I had an XT 600 2001. Riding is my passion.

Any time anyone visits Kos I'll be happy to meet him.

Hello. My name is JohnnyT. and I'm a ..... oh.... wrong place. Hi all!!!! The names JohnnyT and I love two wheel motocycles. I was thinking of a new bike and started checking out the FZ. It had everything that I wanted. I also wanted a forum to get more info, see what mods were done and things of that nature, and I found you guys. I've been reading a lot of things on this sight and I think I've found a home. Anyway, got a 07 last week (the faster RED one) and I love it. This is the sixth bike in four years.

Hello everybody

Rich from ND here, I've had this 04 FZ6 since new and just found this site looking for technical literature on how to change those wicked hard-to-get-at spark plugs. Found the download I needed and have the plugs changed, actually a much easier job than I pictured. Here's the bike:

44278431-M.jpg

Ok, I need to come out of the closet here. I'm actually a BMW fanatic, and the FZ6 is something I picked up for my sons to join me on rides with. They love the FZ6, and I find myself choosing it for various rides too, it's a sweet bike to ride and really gets after it. Here's a picture of my 07 R12GS:

97189942-M.jpg

Two different bikes, both thrilling in their own way. I'm just tickled that I have three sons who are all interested in motorcycling. Two of them have their motorcycle licenses and the third will as soon as he is eligible to get it. My oldest son has left the roost, but it won't be long and he will have his own bike. He likes to come home and ride our FZ6. In fact, this weekend I am hauling both the bikes to the Black Hills to meet up with him and get in 4 days of riding. I'm pumped!

Great site here with lots of information. I'll hang around from time to time.

Thanks.

Rich

welcome aboard Rich!!! hope you become a regular. many members on the forum have more then one bike (me included) this is a great place to meet new friends and who share a common passion the FZ6 and riding in general.
see ya around!!!:Sport:

Welcome guys!

Rich, your Beemer appears to have two front fenders, one an off-road and one a street. I've not seen that before.

Hi evryone

I am Yiannis from Greece.I live in the island of Kos and a I am married with a newborn son (just 18 days old). I own a 2004 fz6 and before that I had an XT 600 2001. Riding is my passion.

Any time anyone visits Kos I'll be happy to meet him.
Welcome and congratulations. Were expecting our third on December 7th.

Back