agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I got my first FZ6 three weeks ago, it's a 2006 FZ6N with 8500km on it. So far all I've done to it is fit a fender eliminator.

SDC10928small_zpsefda20a9.jpg

I live in Sydney, but the bike was bought from Brisbane and ridden here by my room mate (7500km in 7 years, then 1000km in one day haha!).

Unfortunately, as I am still on my P-plates, I still have another week before I am licensed to ride it!:mad:. The last 3 weeks have been torturous, but I'm looking forward to next weekend!

cheers,
Chris

EDIT: Currently I'm riding a Honda Spada until I get off my plates.

Chris when I first saw your post I was using my phone asa the pc was stuffed. and I didnt see your bike, its a sweet looking beast, I really like the paint, I went from a vtr to the fz6 so a similar transition. just beware that the fz really comes to life after you would have run out of juice on the Honda, but you'll get used to and love it
welcome again:welcome:

pnuts13

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Just started to check out this forum and like it a lot. I really like bikes. I have a '12 Ninja 250R, '81 Honda CB400, '70 Suzuki TS90, and a 2005 Silver FZ6.

I still have my fazer, but due to unfortunate events (bike wreck), I have no use for it anymore. I joined because I like the bike and am most likely parting out the bike, so be on the look out.

Hopefully I get another FZ6 in the future, but for the mean time I will keep cheking out you guy's bikes.

lockling

Reaction score
Visit site
My turn to say hello and introduce myself.

I'm in South Eastern Ontario, Canada in the Quinte area.. I started with the GS500 from Suzuki and moved up the VStrom DL650. Both nice for what they are. Time for a change to something I can touch the ground on. I pick up my 2007 FZ6 in a month. I look forward to being a member of the fz6 community and many rides on this wonderful machine.

I enjoy my saturday morning rides most weekends in the riding weather. If someone else is up for a ride around quinte to Peterborough to Kingston areas shoot me a message. FYI though, I don't speed (except the odd burst).

Lock.

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Helllooo, it's been so long and all I thought it proper to re-introduce my self :) Still riding the R1, but have the warmest spot in my heart for my FZ6 that I took to it's (my) limits ;) Still remember the day I traded her in and wish I had her now. Don't get me wrong, the R1 is, well, no need to mention that but still have an FZ6 shaped hole there :D

G'day from Brisburbia and glad to see the site still thriving :rockon:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Helllooo, it's been so long and all I thought it proper to re-introduce my self :) Still riding the R1, but have the warmest spot in my heart for my FZ6 that I took to it's (my) limits ;) Still remember the day I traded her in and wish I had her now. Don't get me wrong, the R1 is, well, no need to mention that but still have an FZ6 shaped hole there :D

G'day from Brisburbia and glad to see the site still thriving :rockon:

:welcome: back...:rockon:

What do you miss most about the FZ?:confused:

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: back...:rockon:

What do you miss most about the FZ?:confused:

The howl of the engine topping out, the sound of the intake, my two bros burbling whilst I blipd the throttle at the lights, so light just throw it into corners, the thrill of stepping off my Yamaha xvs250, and onto the FZ6... All of the above!

addict42

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! I'm finally ready to introduce myself: New FZ6 owner here out of Atlanta, Ga. USA. I've lurked around a little and I'm finding loads of good information and stories to read. I joined the ranks of FZ6 owners about a week ago with the purchase of a 2008 model in black and it is now my goal to hunt down all the good twisty roads the southeast US has to offer with my wife along to share in the adventure (my other bike is a small dualsport with NO passenger room). I'm looking forward to many, many miles on my new (to me) baby and exploring this forum.

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello! I'm finally ready to introduce myself: New FZ6 owner here out of Atlanta, Ga. USA. I've lurked around a little and I'm finding loads of good information and stories to read. I joined the ranks of FZ6 owners about a week ago with the purchase of a 2008 model in black and it is now my goal to hunt down all the good twisty roads the southeast US has to offer with my wife along to share in the adventure (my other bike is a small dualsport with NO passenger room). I'm looking forward to many, many miles on my new (to me) baby and exploring this forum.

Let me be the first to say :welcome:

Frakes Overdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everybody. Sorry I really have been lurking around here for a while before formerly saying hi. Got my (fast/slow?) silver 04 back in june of 2012. Name's Andy and this bike has made the backroads of MO a dream. Thanks for all the info and encouragement. Looking forward to sharing some awesome stories and pictures with you guys.

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a new member from Atlanta, GA in the United States.

I acquired a 2007 Yamaha FZ6 (blue) with 12K miles about a month ago. This will be my first motorcycle. My riding experience is limited to the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) basic rider course and an MSF basic bike bonding course.

After the courses, I purchased a used 2000 Kawasaki ZR7 that, unfortunately, needed a lot of repairs / reconditioning. I sold the Kawasaki and started looking the Yamaha and 1-2 other models. Based on recommendations from friends, I settled on the Yamaha FZ6.

Tonight, I took my first ride -- up the cul-de-sac and back into the garage. Not very interesting, I know, but I'm new to motorcycles and didn't realize the battery would drain after 3-4 weeks waiting for warm weather and the bike only being started once. So most of my riding time before dark was spent charging the battery at the bottom of my driveway.

Regardless, I prevailed, and I'm looking forward to finding a parking lot in which to practice a little more before hitting the open roads.

nthdegreeburns

RobGraham

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,

So first things first, I'm Rob and I'm from the UK
I used to ride an R125 and have now moved to an FZ6 Fazer.
Rode it back 250 miles in the rain yesterday and loving it already

DavesFZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bike, and welcome to an awesome forum Rob. Did you put the first 250 miles on that bike yesterday?...because it still looks brand new. Wish my headers still looked like that, lol.

RobGraham

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bike, and welcome to an awesome forum Rob. Did you put the first 250 miles on that bike yesterday?...because it still looks brand new. Wish my headers still looked like that, lol.

No, I bought it with just under 13K miles on it, it looked awful when I got it back home though (salt all over) so its been washed and I'm just about to ACF 50 it

Its in amazing condition for a 6 year old bike though :thumbup:
The headers are mint and from what I've been told they are original.

ipodslappin

Reaction score
Visit site
Checked out this website a few times, decided to register today :rockon:
The name is Bradon (braydun, not brandon :thumbup:)
20 years old, living in northern california.
Currently work sales at a local gym, working on getting certified to become a personal trainer.
Last year I bought my first bike, black 09 Yamaha fz6r
Have loved it every minute since i bought!

Clintpatt

Clintpatt
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi i am Clintpatt and i am a new motorcycle rider as of this year and i just purchased a 2007 FZ6. I am currently a full time student in the criminal justice program and also a full time worker as a supervisor at a security company. I am currently looking into getting new riding gear like touring gear so if anyone has suggestions that would be great!

Last edited:

blackoutt

Reaction score
Visit site
New FZ6 owner here from Southern Indiana. I have owned a few bikes over the last few years trying to figure out what suits me the best and there is where I landed myself this time. We'll see how long I'm here but so far the community seems a lot nicer (and smarter) than the R6 boards. Thanks guys!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi i am Clintpatt and i am a new motorcycle rider as of this year and i just purchased a 2007 FZ6. I am currently a full time student in the criminal justice program and also a full time worker as a supervisor at a security company. I am currently looking into getting new riding gear like touring gear so if anyone has suggestions that would be great!

:welcome:to our great family! Tons of gear out there and in different price categories. The important part is to realize that even though the gear can be pricey it is worth every penny even if you only consider the abrasion factor alone.

New FZ6 owner here from Southern Indiana. I have owned a few bikes over the last few years trying to figure out what suits me the best and there is where I landed myself this time. We'll see how long I'm here but so far the community seems a lot nicer (and smarter) than the R6 boards. Thanks guys!

:welcome:and yes this is a friendly forum. Many of us have gone on to different bikes and remained active here on this forum because of the friends we've made. :)