New member welcome thread..

2old2ride

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Lee. I'm a military/Diplo brat so I'm either from everywhere or no where, take your pick. I'm NOT from around here. I'm 60, soon to be 61 years young. I have been riding since 1965, and I consider the FZ6 I just picked up a 're-entry' bike. She looks good, the riding position suits me to a 'T' and the previous owner put M4's on her and it is the sweetest sound I have evey heard. Can't wait for March when I can put her on the slab(interstate for you yankees) wind her up and hear her moan.:cheer:

mehranir

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
My name is Mehran. I was born in Tehran, Iran and I am 43. I moved to the U.S. when I was 17! I have always been facinated by motorcycles but never had one. Last year I finally decided that I wanted to have one, so I took a class and got my licence. Believe it or not I first was thinking of getting a Harley or some other cruiser. Someone who I know well works for HD and kept trying to get me into one. Did I mention I live in Milwaukee? Anyways to make the story shorter, I did not like the way the harleys felt or several other cruisers that I tried afterwards. So, one day by default I tried a 2009 Jet Black, rocket fast ;) FZ6 and it fits me like a glove(6'.1" 180 lbs), I bought it on the spot and probably paid too much for it but I love it with no regrets! The experience has been amazingly exhilarating and eye opening.
Cheers to all!

Will6196

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, just joined today though I have been lurking for a while and have found a ton of helpful info! I live in Western Mass and have had my fz6 since August. Had a DRZ400 before that which I still miss. Recently bought a little klr250 to play around on the trails with. Hoping to sell it this year for another drz though. Anyway, love the fz6 and decided that it was time to join this forum. I know I will learn a lot and hoping that I have something useful to share plus I need to pass time until the snow melts and can get back on the road!

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, just joined today though I have been lurking for a while and have found a ton of helpful info! I live in Western Mass and have had my fz6 since August. Had a DRZ400 before that which I still miss. Recently bought a little klr250 to play around on the trails with. Hoping to sell it this year for another drz though. Anyway, love the fz6 and decided that it was time to join this forum. I know I will learn a lot and hoping that I have something useful to share plus I need to pass time until the snow melts and can get back on the road!

:welcome: from Texas:rockon:

Xavias

Shenanigans.
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: all!

Remember, the best way to pass the time until the snow melts is to work on the best bike in the world, yours.

Modding is really fun, I promise! :Sport:

Will6196

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Yasko and Xavias! Have almost finished my streetfighter conversion and still have to swap over fz1 bars, a 15t sprocket and speedodrd from my other bike. Sure I'll find more mods to do as soon as those are done too!

carbonar1

....as a kite
Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings all. :thumbup:

I'm Ben from South Australia. I haven't even looked around yet, but I figured this would be the best place for hints and tips.

I've just added a silver/black 06 FZ6N to my stable of R1's (haven't actually picked it up yet). It's for my wife (mostly :rof:), who wasn't comfortable with her 05 Gixxer 750 any more.

I'm a serial modifier, and I'm sure it won't be long before I start messing with the Fizzer. So I thought I'd do some research here, before I blindly tear into it!

Anyway...looking forward to meeting you and absorbing your knowledge and experience like some sort of parasitic sponge like creature :sinister:...

Here are some pics of my R1's to give you an insight...

My Endurance style 06...

r1front1-4highfinal.jpg

Which is completely off its tits!

And my hand-me-downs hybrid 01/06...

DSCF0013-11.jpg

Which has all the leftover OEM gear from the 06 build grafted onto it.

Cheers. :D

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the Forum!
You did it right out of the box with pics:thumbup: Can you explain the different classifications of the bikes?

carbonar1

....as a kite
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the Forum!
You did it right out of the box with pics:thumbup: Can you explain the different classifications of the bikes?

The 06 has over 130 modifications, weighs 182 KG with a full tank of fuel, and makes 174 RWHP. It's a twitchy, lightweight WSBK replica. The only standard parts are the frame, subframe, engine cases and bottom end internals, and some of the bodywork. It's the bike I've always wanted, it's my baby and I'll never sell it. :)

A64H0052.jpg

The 01 was my commuter for a few years, until the dodgy gearbox finally let go....

DSCF0037-1.jpg

01to06061.jpg

While I had the engine out, repairing it, I decided to fit as much of the newer 06 gear onto it as I could. As well as a few hot up bits that failed to meet the high standard of the 06. It has nearly 60 modifications, but the major ones are the complete front end, wheels, brakes, rearsets, bars and levers, and race tech rebuilt suspension. I tried to use mostly what I had and just freshen up the old girl. ;)

CountryBoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm Benjamin from the UK. I've been looking for a bigger bike for some time now. But it's decided now. I'm going to sell the little bike (the R125 I learnt on) and by the end of the month I must have a Fazer. That's the goal. I hope to commute on it and use it for travelling (which I love), and to take the GF travelling with me (which she loves too).

Now to see what I can find!

CB

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All,

I'm Benjamin from the UK. I've been looking for a bigger bike for some time now. But it's decided now. I'm going to sell the little bike (the R125 I learnt on) and by the end of the month I must have a Fazer. That's the goal. I hope to commute on it and use it for travelling (which I love), and to take the GF travelling with me (which she loves too).

Now to see what I can find!

CB

:welcome: Be safe.:thumbup:

foguinho

Reaction score
www.cb300online.com.br

Bennybo

Brake2Better
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

I´m 32 and ride my bike in "Good Old Germany". :germany:

My bike is a Fz6 Fazer (2006 / RJ07) in blue.

After reading some threads of this forum...I think...I like it. :D

Good job!!! :rockon:

btw my name is Benny...

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

btw my name is Benny...

Welcome to the best forum in the world.:thumbup:

CountryBoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello,

btw my name is Benny...

That's funny, I'm called Benjamin too. I'm planning a ride to Eastern Europe and a return via Germany for later this year. But first, I need I get my Fazer!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big :welcome: to all our new members :thumbup:

Hello,

btw my name is Benny...

Stick around it's a great place here with lots of friendly people :thumbup:

Good to see more (continental) european people on this forum.

Take it easy, but have fun :rockon:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site

Uncle Hilty

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone! Uncle Hilty here and I am so stoked to have my new FZ! What a great bike im sure i will have many happy years/miles on her. Great Forum you guys are awesome.