New member welcome thread..

zoner

Reaction score
www.moabtimes.com
Howdy this is zoner from southeastern Utah. I'm loving my new-to-me 2006 fz6, the first road bike I have owned while enjoying my ongoing involvement with dirt machines. Mechanically, the bike speaks to me a language I understand: Liquid cooled, swingarm, four pistons (instead of one) connected to a crankshaft, cable actuated clutch mainshaft, countershaft, and chain drive. No ABS. Fast, smooth, efficient, and quiet. Thank you to all who have provided your information which is very helpful for my orientation. Love it.

Webs

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys - I just picked up a blue '07 FZ6 today. Just did a 2.5 hour ride home from the seller's location and will post pictures tomorrow! (It's dark out!)

Excited to join the community! :thumbup:

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys - I just picked up a blue '07 FZ6 today. Just did a 2.5 hour ride home from the seller's location and will post pictures tomorrow! (It's dark out!)

Excited to join the community! :thumbup:

:welcome:2.5 hours ride home, you get to know your new bike very fast. Are you as happy as I am after your 250?

rickfella

Bike Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
New owner/member here, a red '06 FZ6S.

Downsized from a long line of litre (and litre plus) bikes, including a few big Beemers like a K1200GT and K100RS.

Loving this light, agile, little bike for what it is: cheap and cheerful, hopefully reliable like other Yammies I've had, and enough stick to put a grin on my dial :)

Cheers,

Ric
Brisbane, Australia.

misterjames

Reaction score
Visit site
What's good family? Newbie here joining after 10days being fully licensed and on the road with my new chick pictured here (2000 Fazer 600). Don't know a damn thing about anything but ready to learn and hoping to share some adventures with ya's.

Still wondering why on God's earth I waited so long to do this. ??

FazrDan

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome James. Fairly new here myself. It seems like a great forum although I've had trouble with some basic functionality. Would you mind telling me how you attached the pic of your bike? I can go to upload but the choose picture buttons are greyed out and I can't figure out how to browse for the pic on my machine.

Thanks man and nice looking bike. Haven't seen many of the 2000 models here.

FZ6Josh

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone just wanted to post up currently that I am a proud new owner of an 09 FZ6.. picked it up last weekend and already put a couple hundred miles.:rockon:

have to post up some pics..right now only have a couple cell picks, but that will be changing soon

woody82

Reaction score
Visit site
hi all, im john aka woody and have just bought a 2003 fz6 with 50000 miles for peanuts. ill try get pics up sometime soon but a nice yamy blue coloured faired.

Gašpar

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I am Igor, 22 year old from Serbia, Europe.
My first motorcycle was Tomos Automatic, when I was 7 year old.
In past 5 years, in my garage was Kawasaki Z750 2008, BMW K1200R 2005 and BMW R1200ST 2005.
Now, one Fazer is in my garage. FZ6S from 2004.

20120925135503.jpg

Yasko

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody,

I am Igor, 22 year old from Serbia, Europe.
My first motorcycle was Tomos Automatic, when I was 7 year old.
In past 5 years, in my garage was Kawasaki Z750 2008, BMW K1200R 2005 and BMW R1200ST 2005.
Now, one Fazer is in my garage. FZ6S from 2004.

20120925135503.jpg

A baby FJR.:rockon:

TxtC27

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, just got the bike home yesterday. It's my first bike, and seeing as I don't have my license just yet, I had to have a friend ride it home for me. But I can't wait to A) get my license and get out riding and B) start customizing my bike!
07 FZ6, ~8k miles
IMG_3329_zps6686e9fb.jpg

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey welcome all you new family members
You'll find members drift in and out but everyone is friendly and keen to offer useful advice opinions and 2 cents worth. It all makes for interesting reading and builds all of our collective knowledge
On the whole you'll find folk that hang around even after they change bikes coz people here are nice to talk to
So Welcome Again

Dean J

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

Im Dean from Portsmouth, just been and put a deposit on an semi fightered 04 FZ6, got a super super cheap bargain, but few things i need to take care of before i can get her on the road!

This will be my 3rd proper bike since passing my test last year, started with an SV650, then onto a Yamaha Thundercat, and now an FZ6 :)

Will upload pics etc when i have the bike back home in the garage!

2007Fizzer

Senior rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All. I'm new to the FZ6, but not to bikes. Started with a Honda Sport 50 in 1964 (you can tell I’m a senior rider).

Bought my "faster blue" 2007 FZ6S2 with 13,500 miles via the local Craigslist in mid-August. I liked the underseat exhaust, higher horsepower and much lower price of my 2007 model, compared to the current FZ6R models. It’s taken me a good while to get used to the relatively high center of gravity, the extremely narrow clutch engagement area far away from the bar, and the "speed-upshifting" that seems to work best with this beast.

In the first 200 miles of ownership I’ve only worked my way up to 8M rpm’s, where I understand life really begins. However, here in South Central Pennsylvania the cold is rapidly closing in, so I’ll be spending my spare time properly preparing the FZ6 for spring. I’ve changed the oil and coolant, hooked up the battery tender connector, and done the Motogiro "two low beams" headlight mod. Now I want to do some deeper cleaning of the chain and sprockets, and some serious brake work. Also need to buy some safety gear (ATGATT). Can’t wait to see where the rev limiter kicks in, and whether I can scrub some metal off the tips of my footpegs.
- - - Jim

- - - - - Most problems can be solved with a suitable application of throttle.

Last edited:

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
you know, I never did this. SOOOOO

Hi, i'm JC
first bike was a naked 1995 yzf600r
now I have had my BEAUTIFUL FZ6 since November. :D
I have done a few things to her, (signature)
have just shy of 26k miles, bought it with a bit less then 16k. loved all the miles I have ridden her, except a few last winter :BLAA: