New member welcome thread..

alittletoored

Reaction score
Visit site
New member welcome thread

Hey guys (and gals). I am relatively new to the forum and finally posting. I have been stalking several of you guys for a while and using alot of your information.

My current project is an 06' FZ6. I am bringing it back to life as a street fighter. Currently it is pretty well stock. I ordered one of vishnu's FZN kits the other day and will be installing that soon. I went with some 7/8 Renthal highs for the handel bars. (Don't Judge) I ride dirtbikes all the time so I think it will be a perfect fit.

Jabarker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, I'm new :rockon: lol

My name is Joe. I live in Southern California.

I just bought a blue 2006 FZ6 with 22,000 miles for $2,300. Good deal? My coworker is retiring and sold me his bike. So far having a great time!

Thanks

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the forum Joe. Sounds like you got a good deal to me.
There's a bunch of really cool people on the forum from SoCal that are very active when it comes to rides, so make an effort to meet them and go for a ride.
Oh, and don't forget to post the obligatory pics of your new baby. :D

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, I'm new :rockon: lol

My name is Joe. I live in Southern California.

I just bought a blue 2006 FZ6 with 22,000 miles for $2,300. Good deal? My coworker is retiring and sold me his bike. So far having a great time!

Thanks

:welcome:
seems like a fair price.
have fun and post some pics.:thumbup:

Spiderman19

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, my name is Mike. I live in central Maryland. Just started riding this past fall. Still learning all this. I bought a 2008 FZ6 with 5k Miles. Seems to run great. Can't wait for warmer weather to get back out there. I park it under a car port so I go out every week and run the engine a bit and just dream about all this ice and snow going away so I can ride again.

I am 40 with two kids, got divorced a few years back and this was always something I wanted to do. Happy I am living the dream! Any advice, suggestions are welcome.

Sun Diego FZ6

rides on!
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure where to ask this so I'll go ahead and post it here. Is there a certain post count or time frame I have to wait before I have a signature? Or does this come along with one of the Elite or Gold member etc. accounts?

Great forum from all that I've read and seen so far. :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure where to ask this so I'll go ahead and post it here. Is there a certain post count or time frame I have to wait before I have a signature? Or does this come along with one of the Elite or Gold member etc. accounts?

Great forum from all that I've read and seen so far. :D
:welcome: to the forum.

Read the site rules, under site info at the top of the home page.

20 posts before you can have a signature :thumbup:

ALF1971

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello

just picked up a 2008 FZ6 black with 3700 miles, confort seat and tall windscreen for $ 3900.00 , so far i like it, just hate the narrow handlebars, going to buy some MX bars soon

tks

Last edited:

ReddotsS2K

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all. I bought my 2005 FZ6 a couple months ago and have been loving it. It is my first bike. I have been into the car scene for a while and decided to try out a bike.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all. I bought my 2005 FZ6 a couple months ago and have been loving it. It is my first bike. I have been into the car scene for a while and decided to try out a bike.

:welcome: to the forum, we've got lots of great members and information.
Clean looking '05 by the way. Thanks for the pics. :thumbup:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello

just picked up a 2008 FZ6 black with 3700 miles, corbin seat and tall windscreen for $ 3900.00 , so far i like it, just hate the narrow handlebars, going to buy some MX bars soon

tks

:welcome:
That's just about what I paid for my '08 with 7,000 miles a year ago. I recently did the FZ1 bar swap and it was a great improvement imo.

mc55806

Reaction score
Visit site
Northern MN here!!!

Just saying.... Hey:thumbup:. New to FZ6s, picking up an Black 08' on Superbowl Sunday with low miles and carbon two bro. Going to be my commuter bike (60 miles round trip) and weekend tripper when minimal gravel will be seen. I'm located in Northern Mn.

cafejim

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody,

My name is Jim, I live and ride in New York City, NY. Been riding for over 35 years and have owned over 50 bikes and as of today, have a deposit on a new 09' in Blue. I had no idea that the FZ6 had such a large following since my riding style up to now has been mucho HP bikes ie: zzr1200/K1200rs.

jagermeister

It's Medicinal
Reaction score
Visit site
So, I've been lurking for a few weeks, since buying a 07 FZ6. I finally decided to come on board & contribute something.

I've been riding Yamaha FJR 1300's for the past few years, and have been eying an FZ as a 2nd bike. However, this Fazer is primarily for my wife, who learned to ride last year. I've put about 500 miles on the little guy, and can see why it's such a popular bike.

So far, I've added handlebar risers, and am having the seat rebuilt and lowered by Spencer. Tires, LED signals, frame sliders, HID's, and fresh fluids are in process. Also, since my wife is vertically challenged, I'm having a lowering link built - will post pictures of that next week.