New member welcome thread..

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everybody, My names Craige and I'm from Douglas in the sunny (yea right) Isle of Man.
Welcome to the forum Craige.
A lot of you may be familiar with it as its the home of the world famous TT races.Craige
Of course, you don't have speed limits out of town :rockon:

Im relatively new to biking I passed my test in august and bought myself a shiny new FZ6 S2 and am I glad i did I love it.Craige
Great to hear it, take it easy and it'll only get better.

Ive grown up with a love of bikes (hard not to coming from the IOM) and after 21 years i got off my worthless arse and got my license :-D Craige
Congratulations on getting your license
right im babbling I cant think what to say anybody wants to know more just message me.Craige
Don't worry we babble quite a lot, but we sometimes talk sense about the thing that really matters the FZ6.

wattolad75

ManxBikerLad
Reaction score
Visit site
cheers Martin ;)

yep no speed limits = fun but unfortunately the car drivers over here are the worst in the world (myself obviously not included :p) so bikers have to be careful ive nearly been wiped out about 2 million times by cars that "never seen me" ah well i always stop before impact (so far)

its good to know i can babble cos i love a good rant ha ha ha i will do everybodys nuts in (im harmless really)

Craige

Philoz

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello from a Pom in Sydney!

I bought an 07 S2 in black on payday last September :) Great bike, very happy, only 2300kms so far. Best thing I ever did for the bike was to take it to the track (Eastern Creek). I cannot reccomend this highly enough - our engines are designed to rev rev rev which you simply can't do on the road without reasonable fear of plod giving you a ticket. Anyway, back to the revving. The bike spent most of the day around 8-10,000 and it loved it there - that's what the in-line 4's are designed for right? Next day on the road, the characteristic of the bike had noticably changed. The engine revved more freely and the pickup seemed sharper. I'm going back to the track in February. It's also gotta help your skills too - despite me being the slowest out there (bar none), I felt I'd improved as the day went on and had a great time. Cost A$160 plus $55 for leathers. Track time 2 hours+. Compare that to an 'experience day' and smell the value :)

Phil

and opver teh course of the day

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
cheers Martin ;)

yep no speed limits = fun but unfortunately the car drivers over here are the worst in the world (myself obviously not included :p) so bikers have to be careful ive nearly been wiped out about 2 million times by cars that "never seen me" ah well i always stop before impact (so far)

its good to know i can babble cos i love a good rant ha ha ha i will do everybodys nuts in (im harmless really)

Craige
Welcome aboard mate,
Got any space to pitch a 2 man tent for the TT?

Neil

Antonio Bandana

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings everyone from James. I hail from Virginia's Chesapeake Bay area. My latest bike is a '07 FZ6. I've owned and ridden numerous bikes dating back to the 1970's. I guess that makes me a biking geyser and I love it.

This forum has been a great source of info and I thank those that have taken the time to post very detailed listings on such things as how to change the oil, modify pegs, seat comfort, windshields, etc.

I purchased a factory Gel Seat and a Calsci Windshield based on some of the postings from this site. I'll report on those items after I've installed them and used them a while.

My best regards to the group.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings everyone from James. I hail from Virginia's Chesapeake Bay area. My latest bike is a '07 FZ6. I've owned and ridden numerous bikes dating back to the 1970's. I guess that makes me a biking geyser and I love it.

This forum has been a great source of info and I thank those that have taken the time to post very detailed listings on such things as how to change the oil, modify pegs, seat comfort, windshields, etc.

I purchased a factory Gel Seat and a Calsci Windshield based on some of the postings from this site. I'll report on those items after I've installed them and used them a while.

My best regards to the group.

Welcome, glad to have you aboard.

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
i did introduce myself in the new members section but....posts equal credits!
my bike made me come here! she is the fastest shade (cobalt) of the fastest color (blue) in an '08 model. she said if i come here i would learn of all her minute details and maybe a few things about myself. i didn't expect to be this active of a member as my first love has four wheels (so shameful) but the family here is much more mature and better behaved than the automotive forums i am a member of. (scary huh?) i look forward to learning as much as i can from you all and i want you to stop showing me pictures of what i can do to make her more beautiful because it is gonna cause me to go to the poor house! ok, ok i'll stop rambling now!

be safe and keep the rubber side down!

dhole

Reaction score
Visit site
hello folks

My name is Karim and I'm from Belgium (french speaking) and I'm police detective (as they call it in the US)

I've just order (this morning) my new FZ6 N S2 ABS White w/ red stripe no the fuel tank.
I can't wait to ride my FZ6.

C U :rockon:

madmanmaigret

Mad like crazy not angry
Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Karim and I'm from Belgium (french speaking) and I'm police detective (as they call it in the US)

I've just order (this morning) my new FZ6 N S2 ABS White w/ red stripe no the fuel tank.

pics? we don't have white w/red stripe here. lucky duck!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I've just order (this morning) my new FZ6 N S2 ABS White w/ red stripe on the fuel tank.

Welcome to the forum Karim. you can find a lot of info here, and maybe even post some stuff yourself.
By the way I too would love to see some photo's .

Numpty

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone my name is Gary from Eastbourne (uk) I work as a sheetmetal worker(ductwork). I have the faster blue 05.Its my first bike,only passed my test last May and injoying every minute of it.I have read and learnt some great stuff from this forum.Keep up the good work guys. :thumbup:

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone my name is Gary from Eastbourne (uk) I work as a sheetmetal worker(ductwork). I have the faster blue 05.Its my first bike,only passed my test last May and injoying every minute of it.I have read and learnt some great stuff from this forum.Keep up the good work guys. :thumbup:

Hi Gary.... Welcome to the family!!

Dieter_W

A German in Tennessee
Reaction score
Visit site
a N00B in TN

Hi,
I've posted in a different thread already, but here I am, a N00B. I've had my German license for 18 Years and started riding 10 years ago. First a BMW R80 (comfy but ugly sofa), then a '97 Honda CBR 1000F. Lovely bike, power without end at low RPM (something I miss with the FZ6!).
And now we're in the US with a '04 FZ6. In East Tennessee, to be a bit more precise. And I looove the FZ6. I took her out today in brilliant sunshine. Couldn't feel my fingers afterwards (frostbite!) but it was great!!! :rockon:

Thanks to all the contributors in this forum, you've helped me a lot aleady :)

2208038908_893fcd8b41.jpg

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hi Gary, great to have you aboard, although I'll have to disagree with you on that faster blue, but as for the red one ...;)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I've posted in a different thread already, but here I am, a N00B. I've had my German license for 18 Years and started riding 10 years ago. First a BMW R80 (comfy but ugly sofa), then a '97 Honda CBR 1000F. Lovely bike, power without end at low RPM (something I miss with teh FZ6!).
And now we're in the US with a '04 FZ6. In East Tennessee, to be a bit more precise.

Thanks to all the contributors in this forum, you've helped me a lot aleady :)

Hi there Dieter,
hope you like your first FZ6, have fun :thumbup:

FZ6Fazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there. I am from Norway, and I ride a Diamond Black FZ6-S 2007 model.
This is my first bike ever, and I like it a lot. A very good beginners bike:thumbup:

M

Magseal

my name is magseal....nuff said.
you'll like me or hate me.....

and could someone who frequents SBN tell all my admirers over there that I won't be seeing them anymore. :ban: