New member - the big read

the big read

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all.

I registered some time ago but didn't actually get round to using the forum as I hadn't actually bought an FZ6 at the time. Came back and my account was blocked for 'spamming'. Anyways, I've made a new one and I'm [hopefully] here to stay!

In October 2013 I bought my first bike - a 2004 FZ6N! Woohoo!!

Absolutely loving this thing, even though the weather has been dreadful ever since getting it!

I look forward to participating as much as possible on here and getting to know you all.

Cheers!
Steve.

Last edited:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the site....yeah sorry about that spam blocking thingy....we are sometimes suspicious of newbies that register with no info of any kind :spank:
Glad you gave "us" a second chance.

the big read

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you.
No worries. I was more worried that someone was spamming on my behalf.

This forum looks like a wealth of good knowledge and friendly, fun people. I'd be a fool not to try again!

the big read

Reaction score
Visit site
It certainly is. From the day of my test, until now. Nothing but rain.

Everyone's telling me to sell it so the sun comes back out, haha.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
welcome, and get some wet weather gear, its not sooooo bad riding in the wet
Damn good experience to muster too in reality. but if you can only afford dry riding gear to start with thats ok, but do go ATGATT

cheers
from DOWNUNDER

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you.
No worries. I was more worried that someone was spamming on my behalf.

This forum looks like a wealth of good knowledge and friendly, fun people. I'd be a fool not to try again!

Big :welcome:

As you can see, we try really hard to keep spammers out. Sometimes TOO hard LOL

the big read

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome, and get some wet weather gear, its not sooooo bad riding in the wet
Damn good experience to muster too in reality. but if you can only afford dry riding gear to start with thats ok, but do go ATGATT

cheers
from DOWNUNDER

Cheers, buddy!

Yeah, I'm learning a hell of a lot riding in this weather. I ride every day to/from work. Haven't really ventured much more than an hour away yet, purely because I haven't needed to. But, come summer, I wanna tour the UK and some of France.

I have good quality dry trousers, and some camping over-trousers which are working well enough for my short commute. Got a fantastic waterproof coat and fantastic boots.

I will be investing in some good waterproof trousers later this year. Got to spend a little on the bike over the next few months.

:welcome: Where is this bike you speak of?

See link below. I posted in the FZ6N Streetfighter thread. Until now, I had no idea you guys didnt get the 'N' over there. Mind you, I haven't seen any/many here, either.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/3443-post-your-fz6n-pics-88.html#post572113

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers, buddy!

See link below. I posted in the FZ6N Streetfighter thread. Until now, I had no idea you guys didnt get the 'N' over there. Mind you, I haven't seen any/many here, either.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-streetfighter/3443-post-your-fz6n-pics-88.html#post572113

Nice bike! Thx. Here's a thread you might want to check out on cleaning up those headers when the liquid sunshine eases up a bit.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/48460-polishing-exhaust-headers.html

the big read

Reaction score
Visit site
BTW I found the Kent & Sussex bikers forum great for local info, the guys are very friendly and they helped me plan a route when I came across for a long weekend a couple of years ago now :thumbup:.

Here's the threads:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/europe/33495-uk-trip-continental-europe-september-9th-10th-11th-2011-a.html

:http://www.600riders.com/forum/europe/40465-ride-report-east-sussex-kent-trip-holland.html

Thanks a lot for the links. I'll have a nose in there. On the subject of Sussex/Kent, does you ever do the London Hastings Mayday run? I am FINALLY taking part on my own bike this year and very excited!

Nice bike! Thx. Here's a thread you might want to check out on cleaning up those headers when the liquid sunshine eases up a bit.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/garage-mechanical-help/48460-polishing-exhaust-headers.html

Jesus Christ!!! That stuff looks amazing. I am definitely going to give those headers a bit of attention. Got a garage, although unfortunately it's down a long mud path. Got it down there at the moment to flush the rad and change the sparks this weekend! Will get round to the headers when the mud dries out.

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome form Northern New Jersey USA, home of the 14" snowfall. :welcome:

I too love my 05 FZ6, but recently have fallen in love with a 26" Toro snowblower! The right tool for the right job. It has 2 wheels also! Woohoo!

Welcome to a great forum where you will get the finest advice from real riders on repairs, maintenance and accessories.

Good luck and ride safely.

the big read

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: This is a great forum and motorcycle. Great people too. We need pictures of your ride!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, buddy! Pics in a link above somewhere. It's in streetfighter thread as I got a stock UK naked model. I only have a couple of snaps at the moment.

Got some subtle mods I wanna do this year and will be updating pics as I go along.

the big read

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome the the forum!

So, what's "The Big Read" all about? War and Peace? :D

Quite a boring story really, mate. In the UK, the BBC used to promote reading week once a year, called the big read. I'm a big bloke and my surname is read.

Sorry it wasn't more interesting, haha.