New member here.

afx600

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all been lurking around here and SBN for awhile now doing a ton of research on a 06 FZ6 before deciding to buy one my local dealer had. Been riding almost 4 years now had a good ole 92 GS500 before that no longer runs...well at least not very well. Only gotten to ride a little on the FZ6 because of the cold, but it is leagues better than my GS500 was. Of course -> :needpics:
juNQN0e.jpg

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: aboard! Y'all get any snow up there? My brothers live in the Chattanooga area.....they are not used to snow in south eastern TN.!

afx600

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: aboard! Y'all get any snow up there? My brothers live in the Chattanooga area.....they are not used to snow in south eastern TN.!
Got quite a bit last week mainly ice covered with snow was the most snow we've had in a long time. I live in the Hendersonville area Chattanooga is roughly 2 hours from here.
:welcome: to the forum, purdy bike ya got there, you're gonna lovvvvvvve F/I :D

If you're meaning fuel injection then yes very much so far. Had a ton of trouble out of the pet**** and vacuum system on the 500... :mad: . Loving this bike so far, the dealer gave me the owners manual the previous owner had and from what I can tell it's only had one other owner. Handwriting from the first entry on the service log in 06 is the same as all the other ones up to 2014 when he traded it into the dealer. Only complaint is the throttle has a lot of play, but that can be adjusted. Also that shifting from 1st to 2nd seems a little clunky, but all the other gears are smooth. From what I have read so far this is pretty normal?

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're meaning fuel injection then yes very much so far. Had a ton of trouble out of the pet**** and vacuum system on the 500... :mad: . Loving this bike so far, the dealer gave me the owners manual the previous owner had and from what I can tell it's only had one other owner. Handwriting from the first entry on the service log in 06 is the same as all the other ones up to 2014 when he traded it into the dealer. Only complaint is the throttle has a lot of play, but that can be adjusted. Also that shifting from 1st to 2nd seems a little clunky, but all the other gears are smooth. From what I have read so far this is pretty normal?
Yeah I guess I said F/I and many people would think of Forced Induction haha. So next time I'll say EFI or something :thumbup:

Yeah Fuel Injection is the sole reason I have upgraded to a 600, I think I would have gladly just stuck with my Nin250 if it was fuel injection but I couldn't STAND being on such an archaic fuel/air delivery system (carbs) anymore. Short rides to my job and having to touch a choke at all...NO more in 2013 I said!

I'm not sure if I remember throttle play being one of my issues but its shifting from 1-2 is just like that but coming from my Ninja (which has the best shifting gearbox I've ever ridden) I was a little let down.