New Member from Northwest Indiana

doctorhoda

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all,

I just purchased a 2007 FZ6 in what I now understand to be the much slower (but much better looking) candy red. Bought the bike off of a coworker who didn't have time to ride it and sold it to me at a good price. The bike has 3,000 miles on it and is clean. Looks like it was dropped on both sides (left with scratches and right with an asphalt imprint) but from what I understand that was first owner as my coworker put the frame sliders on when she bought it. The scratches are not that noticeable and I can always change out some parts if it bothers me too much.

This is my second bike, but my first sport bike and I am slowly adjusting to some of the differences. My first bike was a 1982 KZ550 and I loved that little bike. I learned a lot about how to ride with it, but was looking for an upgrade with more power and fuel injection (the carburetors were killing me!).

I am thankful this forum exists and I am looking forward to learning as much as I can about my new ride.

picture.php

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: doctorhoda! :rockon:

Hey doc! I got this itchy little scaly patch just under my..........:)

Good deal on a great bike with very low miles! Keep in mind, that motor starts to light up and can surprise you in the higher rev range. :rockon:

If it has old rubber which it may be on the original tires I would change to new ones.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If it has old rubber which it may be on the original tires I would change to new ones.

^ This! Most likely they are still the stock tires, they are way past it's shelf life, regardless how much tread life remains. Remember, you need traction to lean the bike over in order to properly corner. Oh wait, you're in Indiana, there are no curves.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at the date code in the right of the picture. the fist 2 digits are the week of the year. In this case the 35th week. The second 2 digits are year. In this example 05 or 2005. This is when the tire was manufactured.

There is not really a magic number but I've heard numbers like 6 years and you should get new ones. Check your date stamp! :)

Also get the same tire designation. It will make a difference if you mix tires that have different profiles that don't work well with each other.

DOT+number+on+sidewall+with+labels.jpg

MitsuFootDr

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the purchase! Where in Indiana? I'm moving from Indianapolis to the north side of Lafayette next weekend. We need to organize a North West Indiana physician fz6 riders group....and we would be the only 2 :rockon: