New Jersey Representin-Tues. 7-2-2013 Now with Video!

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New Jersey Representin-Tues. 7-2-2013

atybatep.jpg

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, this forum has the greatest people. Met Joe and Katie today and they are really nice and we had a great time riding the mountain roads. Katie was a little apprehensive but had a good time even with all the twisties.
Here are a few photo's and I missed the one with Cliff walking into the Gastronome with his Mohawk on, everyone was cracking up, glad Jen got a shot of it.

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'll try to get my pics up later, I'm on my way back to LA now.
For now all I can do is echo what Jerry said until the words come to me...and I get to a computer. I will say that Katie and I had a great time and wished it didn't have to end at the 10 west fwy:BLAA:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Well it's about time East meets West!

Cliff you're a great ambassador on behalf of this forum. You manage to find time to meet up with as many people as possible, wherever they are from. I still remember you and Lisa coming up to Vegas for Jules and Deb's wedding.

Special thanks to Jerry and Jennifer too. Jennifer is turning out to be a real warrior!

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I had a blast today! :rockon: Yeah, I tried to rock the mohawk on the ride back up the mountain...but I kept worrying that it would cause me to act squidly! As if my gixxer isn't enough of a temptation to ride like an idiot. Luckily, I am old enough to know better, so I just hammed it up for Cliff's GoPro. Hopefully he forgot to put film in the camera (see how old I can sound!).

Motojoe, it was great to meet you and Katie. :D Thanks for the tip on the Walmart Coleman hydration pack - it worked great for both water and as a purse. Although here in CA it was $30.:( Katie - that cooling towel is washable (cold, no bleach) and provides UPF 45 sun protection too! I hope it got you through the furnace to Costa Mesa in more comfort. Enjoy the rest of your visit and come back to see us again soon.

Jerry & Cliff, I couldn't ask for anything more in my riding buddies. You complete me. No, wait, ...um, how about this: Floor drinks for everyone!!!! Let's Hoon it up again soon.

-Sista Hoon Jen :cheer:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

As if my gixxer isn't enough of a temptation to ride like an idiot. Luckily, I am old enough to know better

I'm way old enough to know better too Jen, but sometimes that still doesn't seem to matter....:BLAA: aka SoCal Hoonapalooza...

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm way old enough to know better too Jen, but sometimes that still doesn't seem to matter....:BLAA: aka SoCal Hoonapalooza...

You're a guy. In my experience guys brains aren't always connected to the "common sense" center of self knowledge. :rof:

btw, nice new sig ;)

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Here is a pic from my phone, can you find Cliff in this one? I guess I didn't bring a usb cable for the camera so those will have to wait til I get home.

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Here are my snapshots. BTW What was up with that crazy lady in Idyllwild when we were trying to leave? I tried to keep her out of the frame, but her elbow would not be denied!!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Here are my snapshots. BTW What was up with that crazy lady in Idyllwild when we were trying to leave? I tried to keep her out of the frame, but her elbow would not be denied!!
I don't always look like an A$$ CLOWN, but when I do, I wear braces and ride a space shuttle:BLAA:

On a serious note...

I can't thank Cliff and Lisa enough for allowing Katie and I into their home for the night and dining at Chez Giro's establishment. You guys are fantastic hosts and will be life long friends.

To Jerry and Jen...
It was great to meet you and ride those awesome roads with you and Cliff. I think that lady was quite taken by Jerry's sunglass's:rockon: I believe seeing Jen ride might give Katie the courage to give it a go.

All in all, we had a great day of riding, met new friends, and had some good food. But most importantly, all of you helped create wonderful memories we will keep always.

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

If I've said it once I've said it a thousand times, this forum has the greatest people. Met Joe and Katie today and they are really nice and we had a great time riding the mountain roads. Katie was a little apprehensive but had a good time even with all the twisties.
Here are a few photo's and I missed the one with Cliff walking into the Gastronome with his Mohawk on, everyone was cracking up, glad Jen got a shot of it.
Jerry snapped that pic when I was trying to read the name of one of my sponsers.....ummm, oh yeah, powerade:D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Wow! Thank you all for the kind words on hosting! It's just great to meet and hangout with such great people. It's a lot of fun and it always makes life richer for us!

Special kudos to Katie for having the courage to brave her new experience as a pillion in the twisties and also to Joe for getting the hang of the Space Shuttle on these roads!

At one point we saw Joe stick a knee out, hanging off that big BMW like Valentino Rossi as Katie must wondered what the hell was going on! LMAO!

A little video to come soon.....

For now some pics. :)

Joe (motojoe122)
Pic+001.jpg

A toast to the FZ6 Forum!
Pic+002.jpg

Something new for our FZ6 forum cooking thread!
Pic+003.jpg

Sage Road meeting spot
Pic+005.jpg

Joe and Katie
Pic+006.jpg

Jblk9695- motojoe122-Katie-Verharen
Pic+007.jpg

Sighting of a West Side Hoonette sporting a squidhawk!
Pic+012.jpg

Jersey kids representin at the Berlin Wall
Pic+008.jpg

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

We are up and packed, grabbing some breakfast before heading to the airport and back to NJ. Just wanted to say thanks again to Cliff, Lisa, Jen and Jerry:rockon:
See ya on the flip side:thumbup:

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Glad you had a great time Joe.....have a safe and uneventful flight home.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

We are up and packed, grabbing some breakfast before heading to the airport and back to NJ. Just wanted to say thanks again to Cliff, Lisa, Jen and Jerry:rockon:
See ya on the flip side:thumbup:

We sure enjoyed our visit and ride together! Meeting you guys was a great experience and a pleasure to have you guys at our pad!
Safe home and get back here soon! :)
Lots O love to you, Katie and family!!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Sorry it's taken so long to get some video of our ride. This was a great ride and we really enjoyed having Joe and Katie over for the sleepover and ride. We're still cleaning up feathers from the pillow fights! :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFu5eYSgH8g&feature=c4-overview&list=UUT01b7i_GF9H9-u9N9e22AQ]Idyllwild Ride July 2, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Sorry it's taken so long to get some video of our ride. This was a great ride and we really enjoyed having Joe and Katie over for the sleepover and ride. We're still cleaning up feathers from the pillow fights!

Great video as always, Cliff! Love those roads :thumbup:

Here .. let me help you out with editing (make sure sound is on when you watch!)

https://vimeo.com/69955049 :D