New Jersey Representin-Tues. 7-2-2013 Now with Video!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
motojoe122 is coming to California. He'll be couch surfin at my place and he's renting a bike and will be riding 2 up with his favorite pillion Katie

We'll be riding to Idyllwild to finish the Hoonapalooza ride we started this last Saturday.

Here's a little California Love from 2Pac with some bump beat from Dr. Dre to get us started! LOL!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDZ961xhNEo]2Pac - California Love [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

Riders:
motojoe122-BMW 1200r
Jblk9695-Tiger
Verharen-GSXR 600
Motogiro-SV1000s

Last edited:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: New Jersey Representin-Tues. 7-2-2013

Viv and I will be in Napa/Sonoma celebrating our 7th anniversary :D

You guys and gals ride safe! Take some pics of course!

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

motojoe122 is coming to California. He'll be couch surfin at my place and he's renting a bike and will be riding 2 up with his favorite pillion Elyse

We'll be riding to Idyllwild to finish the Hoonapalooza ride we started this last Saturday.

Here's a little California Love from 2Pac with some bump beat from Dr. Dre to get us started! LOL!

2Pac - California Love [HD] - YouTube

Riders:
motojoe122-BMW 1200r
Jblk9695-Tiger
Verharen-GSXR 600
Motogiro-SV1000s
Thanks Cliff for getting this together:rockon:

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm jealous!! Have a great time you all!! :thumbup:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

It seems you may be bringing your weather with you. Forecast at this point is warm & muggy. It is about to get really warm in SoCal.

Hey Motogiro - awesome tunes selection to kick off this ride!! I don't have the appropriate gear if the video illustrates the dress code too ;) LOL

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

It seems you may be bringing your weather with you. Forecast at this point is warm & muggy. It is about to get really warm in SoCal.

Hey Motogiro - awesome tunes selection to kick off this ride!! I don't have the appropriate gear if the video illustrates the dress code too ;) LOL
Yeah, its been hot and humid here. I ran 3.5 miles last night and it defo had an effect on my pace.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com

motojoe122 is coming to California. He'll be couch surfin at my place and he's renting a bike and will be riding 2 up with his favorite pillion Katie

Riders:
motojoe122-BMW 1200r
Jblk9695-Tiger
Verharen-GSXR 600
Motogiro-SV1000s

MAD MAX BEYOND THUNDERDOME, only thing missing was Tina Turner, would have made it complete:thumbup:

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site

Oh yessss... Sounds like fun... Grgrgrgribbit. Got to pay for my insurance some how. I will totally miss this ride.

On another note won't make it Sat. As well. I'm going to be spending the quality time with the fam, and getting my ride ready for my four day Fourth of July ride. Looking very much forward to it.

You Hoons and Hoonette have the fun. :rockon:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Riders:
motojoe122-BMW 1200r
Jblk9695-Tiger
Verharen-GSXR 600
Motogiro-SV1000s
The kids camped in the backyard last night, so while packing up the tent this morning I was thinking about the trip back to Cali.....Back to Cali....Hmmmmm

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdizL4on-Rc]LL Cool J - Going Back To Cali - YouTube[/ame]

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Updated weather report:
It looks like our heat wave will still be in effect on Tuesday. We should be okay as long as we stay out of the desert right? It was 108 at my house at 1pm yesterday :eek: but should get cooler over the next couple of days.

I'm just wondering if we should consider starting our ride earlier or adjust the route at all? Or does our schedule already have us in the higher elevations for the majority of the day?

I bought one of those "cooling sport towels" at Costco to hang around my neck (I have an extra to share too). And I will continue to drink lots of water so I start the day hydrated. Any other tips to minimize the negative effects of riding in the heat? :confused:

:cheer: Can't wait to meet our NJ guests! Will you guys be coming through Ramona on your way to Sage/79? Can we meet up on our way to Jerry?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Updated weather report:
It looks like our heat wave will still be in effect on Tuesday. We should be okay as long as we stay out of the desert right? It was 108 at my house at 1pm yesterday :eek: but should get cooler over the next couple of days.

I'm just wondering if we should consider starting our ride earlier or adjust the route at all? Or does our schedule already have us in the higher elevations for the majority of the day?

I bought one of those "cooling sport towels" at Costco to hang around my neck (I have an extra to share too). And I will continue to drink lots of water so I start the day hydrated. Any other tips to minimize the negative effects of riding in the heat? :confused:

:cheer: Can't wait to meet our NJ guests! Will you guys be coming through Ramona on your way to Sage/79? Can we meet up on our way to Jerry?

I was hoping we could meet up with you at around 8:30ish in Ramona. We'll take the back way (79) through Warner Spring toward Aguanga where we'll meet with Jerry at the beginning of Sage Rd. If you have a hydration pack fill it with refridgerated water and ice. It will help keep you cooler and keep your water cooler.
Yes pre-hydration is important even a day before a hot event. The only other thing is airflow but you already know that! :)

It'll probably be smarter for us to run down and back on 243 before we eat lunch. especially if it's going to be a hot one. :p

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Updated weather report:

Hey Jen,
Katie might need the towel, if thats ok?

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Hey Jen,
Katie might need the towel, if thats ok?

I had her in mind when I mentioned it! :thumbup:

I don't have a hydration pack...yet! I was thinking of bringing ice water somehow, someway. Maybe wrapped in insulated bags in my tank bag. I will think on it. Off to visit Amazon.com...

Edit: 1pm on Sunday the Temp in Ramona is only 88.
Edit: 3pm on Sunday the Temp in Ramona is now 99.

Last edited:

sandctrev

Reaction score
Visit site

Hey Verharen. Check out the local Kmart. I'm preety sure they have hydration packs. I don't think they are fox or camelback( my preference), but it will do the trick.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I had her in mind when I mentioned it! :thumbup:

I don't have a hydration pack...yet! I was thinking of bringing ice water somehow, someway. Maybe wrapped in insulated bags in my tank bag. I will think on it. Off to visit Amazon.com...

Edit: 1pm on Sunday the Temp in Ramona is only 88.
Edit: 3pm on Sunday the Temp in Ramona is now 99.

Yeah it was a little cooler today.
They have a lot of nice hydration packs by Camel. You can find them at just about any sporting goods store. I like the smaller one I have...:)

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2 :mikebike:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I bought a Coleman hydration pack from walmart (kmart should have it too), a while back. I think it's 100oz, and orange reflective on the back. It has just enough room for some snacks, extra ear plugs, wallet, and phone. For $15 bucks, I couldn't pass it up.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Just remember, when it's hot, it's even hotter for the passenger since the operator will be blocking a lot of the air flow.