New in Portland Oregon

ejether

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, and nice choice of color! I looked at the pic, and I thought Yamaha didn't make the frame and motor black until '06? Is it possible that you've got an '06 bike? You may want to check the VIN, or else my understanding of the model year changes is off -- entirely possible.

I think you're right and I misspoke. It is an 06 :thumbup:

mopardoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, Have you guys been out the Cackamas River yet I know it is open to the ranger station but not to Detroit yet it is a great ride, also the front side of Mt. St. Helens is a lot lot of fun you do not have to take I 5 to get there from PDX, I dont think the back way through Carson is open to Windy ridge yet So many great day rides around here. Have fun be safe.

mopardoc

Reaction score
Visit site
Have you seen the book Motorcycle Journeys through the Pacific Nortwest it is great I think cycle gear sells it or this is the link shttp://www.mjpnw.com/index.htmlells

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, Have you guys been out the Clackamas River yet I know it is open to the ranger station but not to Detroit yet it is a great ride, also the front side of Mt. St. Helens is a lot lot of fun you do not have to take I 5 to get there from PDX, I dont think the back way through Carson is open to Windy ridge yet So many great day rides around here. Have fun be safe.

Ah yes, all great rides. . .

I think up Windy Ridge and south to Detroit via the Clackamas river are the two best rides thus far! But I thought saw something about NF-46 being closed around Brittenbush which is where its Good Riding! Need to look it up!

PS - I'm in SE. . .

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, Have you guys been out the Cackamas River yet I know it is open to the ranger station but not to Detroit yet it is a great ride, also the front side of Mt. St. Helens is a lot lot of fun you do not have to take I 5 to get there from PDX, I dont think the back way through Carson is open to Windy ridge yet So many great day rides around here. Have fun be safe.

Been out around the Clackamas River, Estacada on 2 wheels but not the motorcycle. Detroit Lake looks like a great scenic place to target.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site

I think up Windy Ridge and south to Detroit via the Clackamas river are the two best rides thus far! But I thought saw something about NF-46 being closed around Brittenbush which is where its Good Riding! Need to look it up!

PS - I'm in SE. . .

Heya. Also in SE here. I'm amazed how many PDX riders are on here. Hopefully a bunch of us can get together this season.

ejether

Reaction score
Visit site

PS - I'm in SE. . .

Yes, I rode it yesterday and it was wide open and clear. No snow and very little rock on the Detroit side. I had forgotten how much down hill curves make me pucker!!

That would be great. We should make an effort to have a FZ rally!!

Lets do it!
I kind of want to make a long ride out to the coast, down 101, in 22 up to Detroit and back in the Clack. Or vice versa. Could be done in a long day, or two :)