New in Portland Oregon

ejether

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,
I just picked up an 05 FZ6 from a fellow in Vancouver.
I'm pretty excited, its the newest bike I've ever had :D

Its got some scratches from some low speed drops but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I'll be in the market for new tires soon, probably Michelin PR2s
And some touring racks.

Does anyone have any recommendations for luggage racks for the FZ6?

Me, infront of the guys house where I bought it.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8008/7106479539_d072f7e670_z_d.jpg

mopardoc

Reaction score
Visit site
WELCOME to a great forum! Glad to see sombody from Portland OR, I think we have some of the best roads around and the FZ6 is perfect you will love it. I like Givi bags check out Twisted Throttle .com I think they look great on this bike. Have you ridden the old highway to the falls yet then to Bridge of the Gods and back 14 my favorite.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::welcome: To the best forum out there and also the best motorcycle. Anyway I have side bags and can't remember the brand. They are great. What part of Portland do you live in? I am in Beaverton. Enjoy your new toy and ride safe! :rockon:

ejether

Reaction score
Visit site
WELCOME to a great forum! Glad to see sombody from Portland OR, I think we have some of the best roads around and the FZ6 is perfect you will love it. I like Givi bags check out Twisted Throttle .com I think they look great on this bike. Have you ridden the old highway to the falls yet then to Bridge of the Gods and back 14 my favorite.

I haven't gone all the way to the BOG and back on 14, but out to the falls and back in 84 has been a common evening ride for me :) its chill, friendly and nice.

ejether

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome::welcome: To the best forum out there and also the best motorcycle. Anyway I have side bags and can't remember the brand. They are great. What part of Portland do you live in? I am in Beaverton. Enjoy your new toy and ride safe! :rockon:

Oh, and I'm in NE Portland!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: I just joined and figured I'd introduce myself here because it's the same here. :thumbup:

I'm in SE Portland with a new to me '07 FZ6 in red. 2nd bike but still very much a new rider.

I'd be interested in group riding to get more experience, meet other like minded folks and explore Oregon. Thx!

ejether

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: I just joined and figured I'd introduce myself here because it's the same here. :thumbup:

I'm in SE Portland with a new to me '07 FZ6 in red. 2nd bike but still very much a new rider.

I'd be interested in group riding to get more experience, meet other like minded folks and explore Oregon. Thx!

Good to 'meet' you.
I just saw a Red FZ6 headed out to Crown Point today as I was heading back it, and there is one on Cook St, just south of Fremont on MLK. You know those folks?

Lets go for a ride sometime! PM me

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, buying a red FZ6 in Vancouver I'm wondering if it's Richard's (Discgolfdude) bike.
P1000848.jpg

Last edited:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Ah Crown Point run. Cool. I'm still in the 'getting to know the new bike' stage so I took it up and down Marine Drive. Lubed the clutch and throttle cables, chain.

Need to get it on synthetic and dump the paper filter. Dual headlight mod also on the way.

Sure let's get together for a ride sometime. How long have you been riding? Know any good rides?

ejether

Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, buying a red FZ6 in Vancouver I'm wondering if it's Richard's (Discgolfdude) bike.
P1000848.jpg

Yep, thats the one.
Got any dirt for me? :)

Bike seems to run great, I have front suspension mods in my future since I don't like the fork dive. The steering head was really loose and I replaced the tires since the rear was pretty square and the front was in bad shape from the loose steering head. Otherwise, no complaints.

ejether

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah Crown Point run. Cool. I'm still in the 'getting to know the new bike' stage so I took it up and down Marine Drive. Lubed the clutch and throttle cables, chain.

Need to get it on synthetic and dump the paper filter. Dual headlight mod also on the way.

Sure let's get together for a ride sometime. How long have you been riding? Know any good rides?

I've been riding a few years. I probably spend more time "under the tank" on my bikes than in the seat though.

Crown Point is a great short ride. If you loop out to Maryhill and come back in 14 its a nice longer ride. I want to get some longer distance (days) going soon.

I still need to grease up the throttle cable, but I've got some other things planned as well and want to get it all done at once.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I've been riding a few years. I probably spend more time "under the tank" on my bikes than in the seat though.

Crown Point is a great short ride. If you loop out to Maryhill and come back in 14 its a nice longer ride. I want to get some longer distance (days) going soon.

I still need to grease up the throttle cable, but I've got some other things planned as well and want to get it all done at once.

The throttle cables were easier than I thought they were going to be. Just took the control cover off from underneath with a stubby screw driver then shot light oil (Tri-flow w/ straw) down the housing of both cables. Throttle is much less stiff, but the return spring is still strong.

Sounds like a great loop. I've never ridden Highway 14. I've been riding for about 8 months / 2.5k, mostly commuting.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you loop out to Maryhill and come back in 14 its a nice longer ride. I want to get some longer distance (days) going soon.

Is that Maryhill Loop Rd private? I saw some videos of the road and looks pretty fun and I have made it a point to go ride it sometime in the future.

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that Maryhill Loop Rd private? I saw some videos of the road and looks pretty fun and I have made it a point to go ride it sometime in the future.

Appears so: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY5zvobvV0k&feature=related]Mary Hill Loops - YouTube[/ame]

Maryhill's Stonehenge WWI memorial looks very much worth a visit:
Stonehenge Memorial Near Maryhill Museum of Art

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey All,
I just picked up an 05 FZ6 from a fellow in Vancouver.
I'm pretty excited, its the newest bike I've ever had :D

Its got some scratches from some low speed drops but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I'll be in the market for new tires soon, probably Michelin PR2s
And some touring racks.

Does anyone have any recommendations for luggage racks for the FZ6?

Me, infront of the guys house where I bought it.
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8008/7106479539_d072f7e670_z_d.jpg

Welcome, and nice choice of color! I looked at the pic, and I thought Yamaha didn't make the frame and motor black until '06? Is it possible that you've got an '06 bike? You may want to check the VIN, or else my understanding of the model year changes is off -- entirely possible.