New helmet on the way

spdyike

Happy new FZ rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm excited about the new purchase. HJC FS-15 Carbon (Copper) It's shipping out today, I want it now. Tried one on and it's super light. I'll be sure to let everyone know how my first ride with the new lid goes.

spdyike

Happy new FZ rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Even orderd me a gold mirror visor to go with it. Got a hell of a deal too, MRSP is $460 I got it for $190 shipped from 2 Wheel Toyz.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Great Deal :thumbup:
Are the police as hot on tinted visors as they are over here?
I have a black visor on my Craft,but carry a clear in a visor holder around my waist for that reason..

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That helmet looks even better in the sun! I'd love to have one but HJC doesn't match my noggin very well... :(

OldeDude

What, No Knobbies?
Reaction score
Visit site
Great deal on a very nice helmet ........... if they fit your head. I got a great deal on a blue one, beautiful helmet, super light, and the interior is really comfortable, until I cinch down the chin strap. Had a terrible pressure point on my forehead that wasn't noticeable until it was strapped on tight.

No problem returning it (MotoSport.com), except for having to part with a helmet I liked so much. That's what I get for trying on a standard FS-15 at a local shop, not really going through the whole fitting process, and assuming that the Carbon model would fit exactly the same.

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I love it. Great look.

extremesupply.com has some good blow out deals on the FS-15 in certain colors, check them out. I bought from them before and they were really good.

spdyike

Happy new FZ rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Great Deal :thumbup:
Are the police as hot on tinted visors as they are over here?
I have a black visor on my Craft,but carry a clear in a visor holder around my waist for that reason..

I've seen tons of riders out here with tinted visors and I don't think the cops care. That would suck if they did care.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
you're not allowed to have a tinted visor?
good grief. :(

Nope.You're grouped in with Murderers and sex offenders in the Polices eyes.
It's all done in the name of safety of course :rolleyes: After all,if your wearing one,they'll insist on you removing it there and then and ride to where ever you're going without a visor,not caring about stones and other stuff getting into your eyes and causing an accident...

racing_fan

Not so Junior Member
Reaction score
picasaweb.google.com
I use an HJC with an integrated sunvisor that deploys as a second layer inside a normal clear visor...and can be deployed/retraced instantly with one touch even while riding... When its deployed...it looks like you have a tinted visor on from the outside ... If the plod ever stop me ... one touch before they pull up and it'll be like... 'what?? tinted visor?? me?? surely you jest sir!!' :Flip:

spdyike

Happy new FZ rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I currently use the HJC Symax II, but I've had it almost 3 years and I couldn't pass up the deal on the carbon. I was ready for a change. I still love the Symax.

tjuricic

Reaction score
Visit site
No problem returning it (MotoSport.com), except for having to part with a helmet I liked so much. That's what I get for trying on a standard FS-15 at a local shop, not really going through the whole fitting process, and assuming that the Carbon model would fit exactly the same.

According to my local sellers FS-15 and FS-15 Carbon use same shell...
You think it is different?

OldeDude

What, No Knobbies?
Reaction score
Visit site
According to my local sellers FS-15 and FS-15 Carbon use same shell...
You think it is different?
I'm not sure if they are actually different or not, which is why I also said that I neglected to go through the whole fitting process. I didn't feel the pressure point until I cinched down the chinstrap to really completely check the fit. When I tried the standard model on at the shop I didn't fully cinch the chinstrap down tight, didn't go through the whole routine of trying to roll the helmet off my head, etc. The thing just felt like it fit so good I didn't do the whole routine, my mistake. When I got the Carbon helmet and tried it on it did fit great, but had a pressure point just right of center on my forehead that was only noticeable when I cinched down the chinstrap to where I would when riding.

By the way, I ended up getting a killer deal on an Arai that fits perfectly. So although I really wanted to keep the FS-15 Carbon, it all worked out in the long run.

Last edited: