New helmet/mods!!!

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
*UPDATED WITH PICS* New helmet/mods!!!

PICTURES ON PAGE 3 I installed the exhaust, and did a few other small mods too.

What's up, guys and gals?! Just ordered a new helmet and mods, and thought I'd share the excitement!! :D

First of all, I ordered the new Airoh J106 helmet, matt black from Italy, so it's gonna take a while to get here. haha, Whoever is not familiar with this helmet, it looks to be the second generation of their TR1/TR2 helmet with a revised chin piece and styling. In my opinion, sickest looking modular helmet out.

Catalogo Casco e caschi moto, casco jet, caschi intergrali, casco modulare, casco helmet, casco cross | Airoh caschi[object%20Object]

Next, I ordered a set of Two Brothers carbon fiber Black Series exhaust, which next to the helmet, I'm most excited for! haha, Love the look and sound of these!

Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart:

I also ordered the TCP seat cowl,

TCP 04-06 Yamaha FZ6 - Seat Cowl

and the yamaha lower cowl,

Yamaha FZ6 Accessories, Yamaha FZ6 Lower Cowl Kits

both in black.

So, needless to say, I'm excited. haha, I'll also be ordering some sliders soon, just gotta figure out where from.

Also, if any of you have any experience with the TwoBros FE and indicators, what are your thoughts on them. The signals seem kinda cheap, so are they even worth installing, or do they have crappy output??

Thanks, and let me know what you think!

Last edited:

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
New mods are always great! This winter, I spent the bike cash on gear, rather than mods. However, I am still excited to put it all on and test it out!

As far as sliders, I put on Motovation Sliders. No personal crash test to provide you wish, sorry! If you want any pictures of them on my bike, let me know.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Definitely!! Last time I had the bike, all I did was put on the lower cowl, but I've got a whole laundry list of things I'm gonna do this time. This is just a small step towards the overall goal. haha

Nice, what did you get? Hopefully you never have to fully test out your new gear!! Haha

Yeah, if you have some pictures that'd be great! I'll do a little research tomorrow at work, but I'll probably be ordering a set of those in the afternoon. Thanks!

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I know a few ladies that are not going to be happy once it goes on the bike. haha, I can always take it off for a bit though.

Nice, I like the smoked look. How's the output?
Lookin' forward to the pictures.

aziebell

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice, what did you get? Hopefully you never have to fully test out your new gear!! Haha

Yeah, if you have some pictures that'd be great! I'll do a little research tomorrow at work, but I'll probably be ordering a set of those in the afternoon. Thanks!

Got Shift Havoc Pants and Sidi Vertigo Boots. And considering a Shoei Qwest Helmet. Will post up a few pictures of the sliders on my bike in the morning.

Last edited:

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's quite a purchase, your bike will look totally different from now. Let us see results when finished :thumbup:

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
What's up, guys and gals?! Just ordered a new helmet and mods, and thought I'd share the excitement!! :D

First of all, I ordered the new Airoh J106 helmet, matt black from Italy, so it's gonna take a while to get here. haha, Whoever is not familiar with this helmet, it looks to be the second generation of their TR1/TR2 helmet with a revised chin piece and styling. In my opinion, sickest looking modular helmet out.

Catalogo Casco e caschi moto, casco jet, caschi intergrali, casco modulare, casco helmet, casco cross | Airoh caschi[object%20Object]

Next, I ordered a set of Two Brothers carbon fiber Black Series exhaust, which next to the helmet, I'm most excited for! haha, Love the look and sound of these!

Two Brothers Racing, add an item to your shopping cart:

I also ordered the TCP seat cowl,

TCP 04-06 Yamaha FZ6 - Seat Cowl

and the yamaha lower cowl,

Yamaha FZ6 Accessories, Yamaha FZ6 Lower Cowl Kits

both in black.

So, needless to say, I'm excited. haha, I'll also be ordering some sliders soon, just gotta figure out where from.

Also, if any of you have any experience with the TwoBros FE and indicators, what are your thoughts on them. The signals seem kinda cheap, so are they even worth installing, or do they have crappy output??

Thanks, and let me know what you think!
I've never heard of that brand of helmet. As far as better turn signals, you should get a set of Rizoma's PJs Parts, you'll be happier with them.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Got Shift Havoc Pants and Sidi Vertigo Boots. And considering a Shoei Qwest Helmet. Will post up a few pictures of the sliders on my bike in the morning.

Nice! I wish I could find gear that fits. haha, I can barely find regular pants that fit, let alone finding some leathers! Eventually I'm gonna have to have a custom jacket made, cuz mine is iffy. :/

That's quite a purchase, your bike will look totally different from now. Let us see results when finished :thumbup:

Yep, that's what I'm bankin' on! Eventually I'm gonna do a streetfighter conversion, but this is a good start til then. haha, I'll definitely post up some pics when I get everything though.

Motovation Sliders. Also, both sides are of equal length.

Awesome, thanks. I'll probably order some today.

I've never heard of that brand of helmet. As far as better turn signals, you should get a set of Rizoma's PJs Parts, you'll be happier with them.

Yeah, it's based in Italy, and we don't have any dealers over on this side of the pond, so they're not really well known. From what I've read they make great helmets though. I originally wanted the TR2, but there were some complaints with the fit of the helmet due to the chin piece. Now it's been revised, so that should take care of the issue. Supposed to be a pretty light helmet with good ventalation, and with the built in retractable smoke screen it sounds like an awesome helmet.

I've heard a lot of people praising Rizomas, they're just expensive for something that I already have. haha, I was thinking more along the lines of just keeping the stockies if the new ones suck. I'll think about it though.

dstaffx

Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I know a few ladies that are not going to be happy once it goes on the bike. haha, I can always take it off for a bit though.

Nice, I like the smoked look. How's the output?
Lookin' forward to the pictures.

This is on my 2005 FZ6N

This is the light off
View attachment 33850

This is it on
View attachment 33851

And this is it with brakes applied
View attachment 33852

Also got the rad cover
View attachment 33853

I don't have any exact stats on the putput but no one has ran into the back of me so far.

All the bike needs now is a good clean

Last edited:

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I like those mods!

I need to get a jacket that's better suited for warm riding, but that's about the only purchase I plan on making in the near future.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I'm excited for them. haha

Yeah, so do I. It sucks so bad riding during the summer when its 120 degrees out! Any particular jacket you're looking at?

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Update!

TwoBros will be here tomorrow, I'll probably install them on Thursday.

If it is too loud for you then the combo of P1x and P1 tips makes it just right. I added two of the p1x tips and it made it too quiet so I swapped out one for the p1 tips and it sounds great. If you decide to go that route as well let me know, I should still have my spare P1x tip I will sell for cheap if it helps you out.

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I appreciate it. From what I've heard though, I'll probably go without them. I LOVE the deep rumble of the open cans!

Who knows though, I might change my mind once I start riding around with them, so I'll definitely keep it in mind!

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice purchases, you must be happy! You re gonna be looking like an f-16 pilot in that helmet, pretty cool and unique looking gear!

Kenward

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I definitely am! Also been doing a lot of little mods as well to change it up a little too.
Yeah, I absolutely LOVE that helmet!! I should be getting it in about 10 days or so. They were out of my size, so I have to wait an extra 6 days. :/

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I'm excited for them. haha

Yeah, so do I. It sucks so bad riding during the summer when its 120 degrees out! Any particular jacket you're looking at?

I like what I've seen from Rev'it so far, but I haven't done any extensive research. It doesn't feel like it's anywhere near warm weather here yet so I haven't been in a rush.