new handlebar

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
first of all i must thank humperdinkel (daniel) for clearing some issues i had and order the bar.

i bought the xjr bar for the fz. Why you may ask?
1. i like the seating position of the fz and didnt want the fz1 bar since some folks had issues with tank clearance, and if you rotate the fz1 bars you get a funny angle.
2. Maybe because i wanted to try something different and
3.because the stock bars were torqued out of shape due to a previous fall i had.

Installation

after dismantling everthing and wrapping them in newspapers so as not to scratch, from the stock bar, you have to drill 2 holes. one to hold the killswitch assembly and the other to hold the lights switch assembly.you can use the stock bar as guide where to drill the holes. i did not want to sand down the tab on the killswitch assembly so i opted to drill. (I forgot to drill the hole for the light switch and installed it without the tab (it can be removed and reinstalled at one s pleasure) but the assembly still rotates on the bar even if it is tightly screwed down, so i have to dismantle the bar again and drill the hole). there is a hole on the underside of the throttle area but its a bit too far out and the hand grip would not be properly installed if that hole is used so you would have to drill it and inch or so farther.

since the bars have more rise than the stock fz6 bars the wires and brake lines are stretched to their limit so you have to cut the tie wraps on the fork legs to have more lenght to work with.

the stock bar ends fit perfectly so no need to buy new ones. and the bar is chrome i dont know whether to paint it or not but that depends on my mood.

Riding impressions.

you inevitably sit more upright due to the rise of the bars,and the wind deflected off the stock screen is hurtled at the top of my chest/underside of the helmet so its a bit of a noisier ride than stock, as there is a more whistling noise now. the bike is very light on the front end and tips much quicker in corners that may take you by surprise for the first couple of turns, and since the bars are an inch or so wider there is also more leverage so you feel like riding a supermotard, there is less weight on the front tyre so i guess for tackling corners aggresively it does not help much, as the front tyre does not dig as well as with the stock bars.

i like the bars overall, the wrist position is better than stock that s for sure but i dont think they are much of an improvement over the stock fz6 bars.