New guy here

bthames2000

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys just thought I would introduce myself. Been riding for a few years and just got a 2008 FZ6. Came about the bike in a strange way. I had a bandit 1250 and sold it a while back. Bought a Vulcan 900(great bike, btw) and tried to make it comfy for my girl for trips-she hated it. HATED the leaned back seating posture. I traded a couple guns for the 900 and only had about 2200 bucks in it. Found a guy with an FZ6 who wanted to sell his fz6 for a cruiser to take his wife on trips(odd, eh?). So, he got the Vulcan and I got the fz6. LOVE. THIS. BIKE. Took the girl on a ride today, she wants to take long trips(odd? maybe not). Anyway, I'll post pics when I can. Bike has fender eliminator, carbon fiber mirrors with integrated turn signals, integrated taillights/blinkers, FZ1 bars, and Puig racing screen. All of the mods were VERY tastefully done. The other guy got a swell bike, but I just absolutely love this thing. Plenty of power for us and the ability to tour as well? SIGN ME UP! Anyway, just thought I'd drop in. Pics added pg 2!

Last edited:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the forum.

Why yes, they do come in other colors! But don't tease the guys with red bikes too much, they get touchy.

And, before the others chime in, please post pics!

Last edited:

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike. Congrats on the trade. I hope you enjoy it and that your girl likes the ride better.

So that's what it looks like with the FZ1 bars. Not bad.

I replaced my bars with the FZ6R version in the hopes of having fewer problems with fingers going numb. Thanks to the weather, I've only been able to put a few miles on since then so I don't know yet if there was an improvement.

I am so ready for spring!