New Exhaust Suggestions please

GuantanamoShrey

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys just wanted to get some opinions on which exhaust I should pick up for my '05 Fz6.

I am looking in the sub $700 range.

I am between the scorpion and the two brothers. I know there are various models for two brothers as well.

I would just like to know which is the best bang for the buck.

Scorpion Factory Oval Slip-On Exhaust Yamaha FZ6 2004-2009 - RevZilla

That is the scorpion one

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank You

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my Two Brothers kit from this forum. Buying used is a much better deal than new (as long as they are taken care of).

I think you would love either of the two mentioned brands. So whichever one you can get cheaper is better. :thumbup:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I really Like the laser quads but own the Scorps.

They NEVER need re-packing and have a lifetime warranty to the original owner. Deep and throaty (W/O DB killers) too.

As noted above, if you can find them used here, a bunch cheaper. A set just sold (after sitting for about a week??) for $400 and change..

My Scorps less the sticker;

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Wait for a deal in the used category = BBPB!

If you want hear a Two Bro Ride along, follow link. Play button is upper left. When this was made, bikes was stock w/ Pre-CAT and post CAT Xp1 tips installed.
https://soundcloud.com/fz6-rippedmp3/fz62broxp1tipsrip

I need to make a new clip as it sounds very different now.
Air box opened
Ignition advanced
CAT delete
AISS block off plates

Pic if you care to follow link... http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h.../2013/IMG_20130614_182904_369_zps2b249a2a.jpg

Mta1981

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys just wanted to get some opinions on which exhaust I should pick up for my '05 Fz6.

I am between the scorpion and the two brothers. I know there are various models for two brothers as well.

That is the scorpion one

Thank You

I have the old scorpion cans in great shape for $350 if you wanna get off cheap. They sound excellent imhohttp://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-for-sale/53707-fs-exhaust-power-commander-luggage-integrated-led-brake-light.html

Last edited:

Mta1981

Reaction score
Visit site

That is the scorpion one

Thank You

I have the old scorpion cans in great shape for $200 if you wanna get off cheap. They sound excellent imho
http://www.600riders.com/forum/bikes-parts-for-sale/53707-fs-exhaust-power-commander-luggage-integrated-led-brake-light.htmlhttp://www.600riders.com/forum/bike...ander-luggage-integrated-led-brake-light.html

beatle

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 Scorpions. Great sound and one of the best looks. I prefer the Two Bros look, but the Scorpions are no slouch. Laser quads are cool looking, but I don't even know where you find one for sale.

GuantanamoShrey

Reaction score
Visit site

I might be interested in this, Is there any video on the sound? or other angles to see how they look?

Is it the same one that is in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0ajyipdL4

Thanks,

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I might be interested in this, Is there any video on the sound? or other angles to see how they look?

Is it the same one that is in this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_0ajyipdL4

Thanks,

Yes they are...

They either have those tips, or have flat tappered ends(like my bike). I actually prefer those pipes and asked for them when I ordered them years ago...

Your not going to see any pipes any cheaper than those, especially name brand..

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had Leo Vince on mine and it sounded outstanding. I've heard TB on FZ6 in person and it too sound excellent, BUT.. if I were to do it again, I'm with Scott.. Scorpion for no-repacking and lifetime warranty. Very high quality and great sound.

Mta1981

Reaction score
Visit site

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I peeled my stickers off intentionally...

When I bought mine, I asked my MC shop (I've known the owner and main mechainic for at least 25 years), their recommendation. They suggested the Scorp's (I'd never heard of them, or any other pipe for that fact) and love them..

For $200, you can turn around and sell them for $400... EASY...

Mta1981

Reaction score
Visit site
I peeled my stickers off intentionally...

When I bought mine, I asked my MC shop (I've known the owner and main mechainic for at least 25 years), their recommendation. They suggested the Scorp's (I'd never heard of them, or any other pipe for that fact) and love them..

For $200, you can turn around and sell them for $400... EASY...

I tried selling them for $400, I had no takers

Mta1981

Reaction score
Visit site
Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
well sh*t i dont wanna rip myself off lol 400 is what i paid for them!!! I thought i was asking too much

Nope.

When they post, they usually go pretty quick. New, I think their close to $700.

$400, IMO, in really good shape is a good price. I was surprised as Skooters sat for awhile and eventually sold on another forum...

For the OP, you won't be disappointed in the sound quality..

GuantanamoShrey

Reaction score
Visit site
well sh*t i dont wanna rip myself off lol 400 is what i paid for them!!! I thought i was asking too much. Sorry guys i gotta up the price if thats really what they are worth. $350 plus shipping. I Still have the GIVI luggage rack too

Was set on the $200 price , but if you can sell them for more then all good.

GuantanamoShrey

Reaction score
Visit site
well sh*t i dont wanna rip myself off lol 400 is what i paid for them!!! I thought i was asking too much. Sorry guys i gotta up the price if thats really what they are worth. $350 plus shipping. I Still have the GIVI luggage rack too

Was set on the $200 price , but if you can sell them for more then all good, maybe il save up for a new pair.