Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Pocketa-Pocketa-Pocketa
It sorta sounds like that,ha ha

Sounds really throaty until the pipe fell off then it was like above

:rof: :Flip: :D

Hey Jerry, but doing Palo with your muffler literally held by a thread and threatening to let go at any time right under your tires (that'd be some speed bump, mid-corner...) is a serious thrill. You should try my bike next time :BLAA: :eek:

When the pipe fell off....it sounded like a Harley! :ban:

:Flip:

Great looking bike dude. Not sure if Buell does it on majority of their bikes (I have never noticed) but that is the biggest front rotor I have ever seen, ha ha. Wonder if that makes any difference from the standard design :confused:

Anyway looks great man, in for a sound clip

Erik Buell does things a little differently :) The rotor concept was to eliminate weight by increasing the surface area of one side (torsional loads eliminated by the fact that the rotor is mounted on the outer perimeter of the wheel). That way you don't need a second rotor or caliper. The caliper on my Buell is huge and has 8 pistons though lol go figure. Performance is comparable imo.

Congrats on the new exhaust.

I have the Hawkins pipe on my Buell also and it sounds sick.

Any MP3 will not do your pipe justice. It has been discribed as sounding like a vintage V8 Camero. It is kinda Harley like but not really.

I had also read that the Jardine needed repacking occastionally where as the Hawk pipe uses baffles vs packing.

Enjoy.

You are right about the fact that an MP3 or video doesn't really do it justice :)

I had multiple issues with my Jardine (blew the tip off as rivets "chew" through the CF, so I had to cut an inch of CF and re-rivet the thing on... then I had the clamp issue that grinded through the CF from the bottom of the muffler), and it did need repacking...

Hey but you're from da LBC!!! lol is your Buell see-thru red?

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
What a huge difference between the stocker and the Jardine. I can't wait to hear the custom one! :rockon:
Now once around Palomar with sound and I'll be happy....:BLAA:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't get to hear the new can because it was already apart when Dave got to the meet-up spot. I like that 'Y' design tip. We had 4 of us with twins that day. It sounded like South Park Brub brub brub brub brub!!!!
Actually none of these bikes sounded like conventional Harley sound.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8q5uc_3mK8]YouTube - Brub brub brub brub brub brub[/ame]

racebrooks

Reaction score
Visit site

You are right about the fact that an MP3 or video doesn't really do it justice :)

I had multiple issues with my Jardine (blew the tip off as rivets "chew" through the CF, so I had to cut an inch of CF and re-rivet the thing on... then I had the clamp issue that grinded through the CF from the bottom of the muffler), and it did need repacking...

Hey but you're from da LBC!!! lol is your Buell see-thru red?

LBC in da houuuse...from the mean streets of East Side Long Beach. Mine is Valencia Orange. My FZ6 is my daily rider and I break out the xb a couple times a month just to exercise the gaskets. Check out my garage with the Buell and my killer attack dog.

One of these days I am hoping to hook up with you and the other socal dudes for a ride. The timing hasn't been right.

FZ6771

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet looking bike ! I've been looking to buy a XB12SS or a XB12R . I still have my 2010 XB12XT it's got 5000 miles on it now. It's a great machine no problems at all.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com

Hey Jerry, but doing Palo with your muffler literally held by a thread and threatening to let go at any time right under your tires (that'd be some speed bump, mid-corner...) is a serious thrill. You should try my bike next time :BLAA: :eek:

:Flip:

I'm to old to die young:BLAA:

But now that you have it fixed I would love to ride the Buell:thumbup:

Jerry

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
LBC in da houuuse...from the mean streets of East Side Long Beach. Mine is Valencia Orange. My FZ6 is my daily rider and I break out the xb a couple times a month just to exercise the gaskets. Check out my garage with the Buell and my killer attack dog.

One of these days I am hoping to hook up with you and the other socal dudes for a ride. The timing hasn't been right.

I am very close to CSLB and I've seen a cherry bomb XB12 a couple of times already, but no orange one :)

We'll be looking for you on our next group ride!

I'm to old to die young:BLAA:

But now that you have it fixed I would love to ride the Buell:thumbup:

Jerry

Deal :)

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't get to hear the new can because it was already apart when Dave got to the meet-up spot. I like that 'Y' design tip. We had 4 of us with twins that day. It sounded like South Park Brub brub brub brub brub!!!!
Actually none of these bikes sounded like conventional Harley sound.

YouTube - Brub brub brub brub brub brub
Man, you guys in SoCal are ALWAYS doing something ala group ride/video, etc. ! It's like a rider's Hollywood or something.

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
I was laid off from my job for about a year. I sold it to a friend, with the hopes of repurchasing it later... but, he decided he wanted to see how far it would slide down the road in West Virginia.

kevin.jpg

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
He and the bike are both fine. He still rides it. Just needed a fork, oil cooler and the fairing stay tabs re-welded to the frame. Actually, he's crashed it a couple times.. it just keeps on keepin' on.