New clutch cable, new tire = i love my bike again !

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
Just want to share a little story, my clutch was so hard that i had pieces home to modify the length like you see on a thread, i also changed the cable, when i took it off i tested both cable and i did not feel a big difference in the two, but i changed it..... boy o boy WHAT a difference, i no longer need to do the mod of the slave because i almost feel like i have a master cylinder on the clutch !

If your clutch is stiff, change that damn cable !!

Next thing i did, i installed a set of Metzeler M3, i got a 190 on the back (i know...) but i wanted it and the turning feels like my old R-1 i use to have before i sold it, i like it allot !

Thats it.

Ride safe fellows !!!

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Seeing that the two cables felt the same when you compared them may mean the cable was good but may have beed routed wrong.

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
Seeing that the two cables felt the same when you compared them may mean the cable was good but may have beed routed wrong.

nah, there was a difference but not enough to make me think it would be THIS BIG of a difference when installed :)

i feel i can go in traffic for hours now ! lol

Bakchos

Yamahaha
Reaction score
Visit site
how many miles when you changed it?

the old bridgestone's had 7k on them, and i don't know about the cable, i bought the bike second hand last year and i have 23k on it now.

this is all on KM btw, i am Canadian.

Also, the hardest about the clutch cable is rooting it in the frame !!