New Buell Toys

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got in two new toys for the 1125R this week.

1) A Baldwin Motorbike Saddle custom saddle. This is vinyl and the padding is gel and memory foam. The saddle is built on the OEM seat pan. I'm going to have the OEM touring pillion recovered to match the rider saddle. Loren, the owner, seam master, it working up a quote to make a Corbin like back rest for the pillion too. Very nice work!

View attachment 24089View attachment 24090View attachment 24091View attachment 24092View attachment 24093View attachment 24094

2) The other goodie is the Buell OEM sloted/vented rotor. Pretty cool piece. I also have a set of Ferodo pads to install too.

View attachment 24095View attachment 24096View attachment 24097View attachment 24098

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Always fun to see new bits for a bike but nothing impresses me more than that new snake helmet that Pete got!

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The venting on the rotor gives the gasses made when braking an easy way to escape causing lower brake temps and in turn better braking

On a car yes. These are a slot on the outer edge and the inner edge of the rotor. The slots provide more surface area to disapate heat better.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This last week I was able to ride a little bit and I had the time to install the vented rotor and new EBC HH front brake pads.

First the saddle is WONDERFUL! This is the best saddle I've had on any motorcycle, period. If you want to update your FZ saddle give Loren a buzz at Baldwin Motorbike Saddles, his work is magic. :thumbup:

Baldwin Motorbike Saddles - Handcrafted Custom Motorcycle Seats

Second the brakes are amazing. I can't state in words the difference in feel. I suspect the vast majority is the EBC pads. The stock brakes are pretty darn good, but these changes take it to a new level. The feel and the feedback is very precise. The stock setup feels "wooden" and switch like. The new set up is very linear and progessive. I really can't explain how well I like them. Granted I only have about 40 miles on it and they are still seating but very, very nice. So you Buell owners spend the $47.00 for the EBCs and be happy!

Photos: Buell Race Rotor Install - BuelletinBoard

Al at American Sportbike can set you up.

http://americansportbike.com/